Login | Register

Big weekend of Boxing starting this Friday???!!!
03-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Big weekend of Boxing starting this Friday???!!!
Fox Sports 1 - Mar 6 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Jo Jo Diaz vs. Juan Luis Hernandez
(jr featherweight)
ESPN2 - Mar 6 (11PM ET/8PM PT)
Tony Harrison vs. Antwone Smith
(jr middleweight)
Telemundo - Mar 6 (11:35PM ET/PT)
Jonathan Oquendo vs. Gabino Cota
(featherweight)
HBO2 - Mar 7 (5PM ET/PT)
Amnat Ruenroeng vs. Zou Shiming
(IBF flyweight title)
NBC - Mar 7 (8:30PM ET/5:30PM PT)
Keith Thurman vs. Robert Gurrero
(WBA welterweight title)
Adrien Broner vs. John Molina
(jr welterweight)
UniMas - Mar 7 (11PM ET/PT)
Jose Felix Jr. vs. Raymond Sermona
(lightweight)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: Big weekend of Boxing starting this Friday???!!!
(03-06-2015 09:02 AM)ba_dass Wrote:  Fox Sports 1 - Mar 6 (10PM ET/7PM PT)
Jo Jo Diaz vs. Juan Luis Hernandez
(jr featherweight)
ESPN2 - Mar 6 (11PM ET/8PM PT)
Tony Harrison vs. Antwone Smith
(jr middleweight)
Telemundo - Mar 6 (11:35PM ET/PT)
Jonathan Oquendo vs. Gabino Cota
(featherweight)
HBO2 - Mar 7 (5PM ET/PT)
Amnat Ruenroeng vs. Zou Shiming
(IBF flyweight title)
NBC - Mar 7 (8:30PM ET/5:30PM PT)
Keith Thurman vs. Robert Gurrero
(WBA welterweight title)
Adrien Broner vs. John Molina
(jr welterweight)
UniMas - Mar 7 (11PM ET/PT)
Jose Felix Jr. vs. Raymond Sermona
(lightweight)
Very good, entertaining fights so far, on Fox Sports and ESPN.....
03-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Don't miss Keith Thurman vs. Robert Guerrero (WBA welterweight title) tonight. Thurman is a real puncher (undefeated at 25 wins, 24 by KO and 1 no decision) and Guerrero has tremendous boxing skills...This will be the classic matchup of boxer versus puncher in a 12-round fight for Thurman's WBA welterweight belt. The only thing I can predict is that one or both of Guerrero's eyes will be closed by end of fight....
03-08-2015, 11:37 AM
I'll watch it if I get the channel BA. I've got to start watching boxing again, mma is dead.

Oh, it's on NBC I see. Well, even I get that!

dead soul
03-08-2015, 12:18 PM
(03-08-2015 11:37 AM)Megatherium Wrote:  I'll watch it if I get the channel BA. I've got to start watching boxing again, mma is dead.

NBC: NorthAmerican Boxing Channel????!!!

This is an interesting promotion coming from that promoter-in-the-shadows (he's rarely seen and rarely interviewed) Al Haymon. Haymon started in music promotion and moved from music and entertainment to boxing around 2000. In that period of time he's now risen to be the premiere boxing manager, having Floyd Mayweather, Jr, Julio Caesar Chavez, jr, Amir Khan, Adrien Broner, Deontay Wilder, Lucas Mattysse, among many others in his "stable". Anyway back to this promotion: Haymon has paid NBC for airtime, usually two hours, where he's offered these boxing promotions featuring his fighters--what NBC gets the viewer numbers and Haymon gets the ad revenue. A lot of fighters have rallied under his banner since he's a very smart manager, who's been able to get the money and the best fights for his fighters.
And I'm just guessing, but he's probably very fair with the money with his fighters, which is the rarer example as compared to the crooks in the boxing business, who have robbed their boxing charges.
03-08-2015, 12:21 PM
(03-08-2015 11:37 AM)Megatherium Wrote:  I'll watch it if I get the channel BA. I've got to start watching boxing again, mma is dead.

In the co main-event, Molina vs. Broner, it's a bit of a snoozer. Broner is able to box the opponent with ease. And Haymon has got Broner a million dollar purse, exposure on NBC against an easy opponent. Guerrero vs. Thurman is up next: both managed by Haymon, so not sure why that's happening manager-wise, unless Haymon is weeding out his stable, but dropping whoever the loser is in this fight.
03-08-2015, 12:39 PM
The crowd is booing Molina-Broner. A real snooze fest, with Broner too fast for the slower Molina. Most likely Broner will have won every round in this fight???!!! 12 rounds, but doesn't seem to be for a championship belt???!!!
03-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Broner impressed me. Very stylish, not a mark on him.

dead soul
03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
(03-08-2015 12:18 PM)ba_dass Wrote:  

NBC: NorthAmerican Boxing Channel????!!!

This is an interesting promotion coming from that promoter-in-the-shadows (he's rarely seen and rarely interviewed) Al Haymon. Haymon started in music promotion and moved from music and entertainment to boxing around 2000. In that period of time he's now risen to be the premiere boxing manager, having Floyd Mayweather, Jr, Julio Caesar Chavez, jr, Amir Khan, Adrien Broner, Deontay Wilder, Lucas Mattysse, among many others in his "stable". Anyway back to this promotion: Haymon has paid NBC for airtime, usually two hours, where he's offered these boxing promotions featuring his fighters--what NBC gets the viewer numbers and Haymon gets the ad revenue. A lot of fighters have rallied under his banner since he's a very smart manager, who's been able to get the money and the best fights for his fighters.
And I'm just guessing, but he's probably very fair with the money with his fighters, which is the rarer example as compared to the crooks in the boxing business, who have robbed their boxing charges.

Yeah, 2000 is around the time I quit watching boxing, after the death of Beethavean Scottland.

dead soul
03-08-2015, 12:55 PM
(03-08-2015 12:43 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  Broner impressed me. Very stylish, not a mark on him.
He's usually very cocky in the ring and out...this fight, interviews just before he's actually acted like a professional, without the nasty outbursts and tactless comments. I think his comprehensive defeat at Maidana's hands "corrected" his behavior....
03-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Oh, back to Haymon I just heard his agreement with NBC is for 80 shows spread out over several years is a great idea: bringing boxing back to the free channels, instead of cable and PPV. The idea to garner new interest out there on "terrestial"/OTA TV. Of course, this being the first show, Haymon needs to bring in exciting fights so that the interest continues and grows.
03-08-2015, 01:03 PM
A Haymon innovation is that there's no MC in the middle to of the ring. All the announcements are made off-ring. I guess Haymon didn't want to pay a Buffer or a Lennon Jr. That and the ring walks so far have been less than scintillating in that there haven't been big entourages with energetic ring entrances...a refreshing different style of boxing showmanship????!!!
03-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Good commentary crew, sounds like Marv Albert and Roy Jones?

BA, do you recognize that Mexican corner man with the panama hat/mustache combo in Guerrero's corner?

I gotta go with Guerrero here, might have to miss though, hockey game on!

dead soul
03-08-2015, 01:16 PM
(03-08-2015 01:10 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  Good commentary crew, sounds like Marv Albert and Roy Jones?

BA, do you recognize that Mexicano corner man with the panama hat/mustache combo in Guerrero's corner?

I gotta go with Guerrero here, might have to miss though, hockey game on!
That's Guerrero's dad...

Not a bad fight so far...Thurman is the puncher, and Guerrero is crafty boxer with a good chin, with some power.
03-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Thurman's got a hematoma on the top of his forehead???!!! Possible from an accidental headbutt...it'd beginning to be a big, ugly swelling, and very early in the fight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  John Wayne Parr vs Anthony Mundine - Boxing Redneck 3 201 08-21-2019 10:18 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Boxing: JOSHUA vs RUIZ karasu 22 899 06-06-2019 09:46 AM
Last Post: rezin
  which ERA/WEIGHT-CLASS of Boxing had GREATEST Talent Pool? karasu 1 327 05-03-2019 03:23 AM
Last Post: karasu
  This is supposed to be the hardest puncher in boxing history. Redneck 4 537 03-02-2019 03:03 PM
Last Post: karasu