Login | Register

Regarding the UFC anti-trust lawsuit
01-26-2015, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 10:47 PM by johan.)
Regarding the UFC anti-trust lawsuit
Some thoughts and vids.

Is that Carlos Newton at the table with the lawyers in the Cung Le vid? What the heck is he doing there?

Immediately after Nate Quarry stopped fighting, he was on the UG begging the UFC for a job as a commentator I believe. Maybe they should've given it to him, or at least some promotions job or a no show office position.

Cody McKenzie talking about being a commercial fisherman at the same time as a professional fighter is pretty sad. With the kind of money that the UFC makes, shouldn't they be able to guarantee a living salary for all main card fighters? Surely they could afford something other than the small purses guys like McKenzie received, say 30k/yr to pay for an apt, food and training somewhere, then they can pay their managers/agents out of the purse?

Will Zuffa's roots in organized crime be exposed during the trial? I think it would be a major missed opportunity for the anti-trust law firms not to focus on that.

How much will Dana White's arrogance and belligerence negatively affect the UFC's defense? The private jets, the Ferrari's, the boasting about killing other promotions like Affliction and Strikeforce, etc. Very uncouth, going forward Lorenzo might want to sit him down and give him a time out.

Most importantly, what are the chances of this thing being successful? Or will the fighters involved in the suit quietly take a settlement offer and just go away?

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Regarding the UFC anti-trust lawsuit

01-26-2015, 10:44 PM

01-26-2015, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 10:49 PM by johan.)
[Image: DejE5Dil.jpg]
01-26-2015, 11:50 PM
I wonder why Dana white is taking all this shit. all for the business practices of the fertittas.

No way Dana is responsible for this.
01-27-2015, 12:01 AM
at this piotn I don't see this going anywhere, but UFC's reputation has taken a huge hit with the JJ debacle + this lawsuit.

They need more high profile guys and more people to sign off. other fighters are afraid to sign on because they don't want to get blackballed forever.
01-27-2015, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 06:00 AM by sparkuri.)
What the heck is Newton doing there?

He spearheaded the lawsuit. From Toronto he's been studying case law in other jurisdictions for 2 years in preparation for this.
Cung was put on the label at the last minute as a current active fighter would come off better.
Without Newton there would be no lawsuit.
01-27-2015, 07:39 AM
(01-27-2015 05:58 AM)sparkuri Wrote:  What the heck is Newton doing there?

He spearheaded the lawsuit. From Toronto he's been studying case law in other jurisdictions for 2 years in preparation for this.
Cung was put on the label at the last minute as a current active fighter would come off better.

I had heard Newton was studying law, but never thought it would be in preparation for this. Really interesting.

EvilYoshida.com, winning hearts and minds since 2013.
01-27-2015, 09:16 AM
(01-27-2015 07:39 AM)johan Wrote:  
(01-27-2015 05:58 AM)sparkuri Wrote:  What the heck is Newton doing there?

I had heard Newton was studying law, but never thought it would be in preparation for this. Really interesting.

He's been studying law for a long time anyway, but how wonderful that it turned out this way!
TAKE THAT ZUFFA!

[Image: ttc224b.jpg]

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
01-27-2015, 04:30 PM
The case against the UFC is solid, but I too sense this fire is destined to fizzle out.

Have there been any updates?
01-28-2015, 09:56 PM
It's going to be difficult to get updates. Any media that talks too much about it gets blackballed I'm sure.

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UFC just posted the 1st UFC in its entirety in HD on YT pug-thug 37 13,328 Today 07:44 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn returns vs. Ryan Hall at UFC 232 Skookum Charlie 10 1,312 10-07-2018 05:42 AM
Last Post: karasu
Video Doo Ho Choi's UFC Debut vs Juan Puig UFC FN 57 11/22/2014 johan 1 1,881 12-17-2015 01:17 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  UFC credit rating tumbles/Earnings down 30%/UFC Central cancelled/Asia execs quit Dagwood 31 11,351 10-16-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: ba_dass