Login | Register

I will be eating more of this starting tomorrow???!!!
01-07-2015, 01:47 PM
I will be eating more of this starting tomorrow???!!!
Plus plenty of fresh leafy green veggies and all fruits, plus the Zinc (recommended here)???!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../21339741/

A bowl of oatmeal a day could keep the grim reaper away, according to the results of a study from the Harvard School of Public Health.

The long-term study, published Monday in JAMA Internal Medicine, found that eating more whole-grain foods could lower an individual's risk of death by as much as 15%.

Researchers reviewed data from 74,000 women and 43,000 men who completed surveys every two to four years about their diet from the mid-1980s to the 2000s.

They found that each 1-ounce serving of whole grains resulted in a 9% drop in the risk of cardiovascular disease-related deaths. And swapping out one serving of red meat per day with a serving of whole grains reduced the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by 20%.

"This study further endorses the current dietary guidelines that promote whole grains as one of the major healthful foods for prevention of major chronic diseases," Qi Sun, a senior author of the study, said in a statement.

The study did not find any connection between eating whole grains and reducing the risk of death from cancer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: I will be eating more of this starting tomorrow???!!!
Oh and anymore recommendations from here on what to eat and drink for a more healthier body, and mind???!!!!
01-07-2015, 05:01 PM
One of the oldest men in the world smoked a cigar everyday. He said the secret of long life is to not worry. I tend to believe that. However, at some point in time, I plan of dying of an as-of-yet-to-be-determined reason???!!!
07-03-2019, 10:21 AM

07-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Eggs killed my grandpa.

He had 3 every morning and it finally killed him when he was 95.
07-04-2019, 11:58 AM
I have oatmeal about 1 or 2 times each week. I add raisins, walnuts, butter, and maple syrup, very tasty!
07-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Dr William Davis would argue against the grains, they're poison as far as I'm concerned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chinese eating the shrimp at da Thai buffet. All U CAN EAT BABY! More embarrassment pug-thug 95 18,539 09-24-2019 03:20 PM
Last Post: karasu
  Evilyoshida.com 2014 poster of the year. STARTING OVER!!! read INSTRUCTIONS FIRST pug-thug 307 62,087 05-15-2018 01:23 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  I''m eating fried chicken, drinking beer and smoking marijuana. AMA Som-Pong 80 18,404 03-27-2018 07:10 AM
Last Post: kungfool
  real? 11-YEAR-OLD JOLIE-PITT DAUGHTER IS STARTING HER GENDER TRANSITION pug-thug 8 2,449 08-17-2017 02:49 AM
Last Post: pug-thug