Login | Register

Gangnam Style Discussion thread
03-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Gangnam Style Discussion thread
I really don't know what to make of this, but the song is big enough to merit speculating about.

My first quote:

Mind Distortion through Shitty Music?

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2013, 06:10 AM
RE: Gangnam Style Discussion thread
[Image: 24-01-13-gangnam-style_630_410.jpg]

03-23-2013, 06:12 AM
This is legit

[Image: 140808_gangnam2.jpg]

03-23-2013, 06:20 AM
??????

[Image: PSY-is-a-Psy-Op-page1.jpg]

03-23-2013, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2013 06:27 AM by Reflexion.)
Well since there's a thread about it now I have to repeat my bragging of only hearing two seconds of the song for the record. I'd like to think it's not "that bad" when it's like (seemingly) the most popular song ever, but at this point I just like being the guy that hasn't heard it, lol.

911tabs.com is a great place for finding guitar tabs, probably the best, and at one point two different spellings of Gangnam style were both in the top 5 for songs with the most available (fan made) tablatures...of all songs ever made and tabbed, haha, there was probably another one in the top 10 too. Now it's ranked 84th with 41 tabs available, dunno what happened to change that but I'm glad it happened, haha. I think it's not technically legal to put tabs out there if an artist wants to reserve the right for themself, I dunno, but I know there's been conflict about it.

And since when does anyone in America or the western world give a shit about the works of top Asian music stars? Why does this one get the big push usually reserved for western stars, when other acts certainly could make money too?
03-23-2013, 06:30 AM
^ wow. that is an accomplishment.

It just puzzles me how all the UN guys, Presidents of the world are promoting these sorry movements.

There seems to be an artificial push. I could totally be wrong though.

03-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Beyonce is getting shoved down peoples throats in a similar manner. The Super Bowl and the thing with Obama recently. I don't know if you're familiar with Bloodstain Lane but I posted a vid in "Video thread" where he goes off on Beyonce's new song "Bow Down". It's pretty funny.

The thing with Psy performing with at the inauguration of the new South Korean President does kinda trip my bullshit detector though...simply because, sure, he was hot, white-hot, but then the whole thing seemed over and then they need to go to the well one more time...sure you can make a case that he's the biggest music star there right now and so he fit, but...surely everyone getting that kind of push is deemed to fit the agenda some level. From what little I know of him, he seems like he could be used to promote an idea that Asian men are a bunch of goofy clowns. Lol
03-23-2013, 06:40 AM
^ yeah it could be as simple as that.

the funny thing is that PSY is seen as "pretty cool" in Korea.. but for western eyes, he looks like a fat upgraded version of william hung.

03-23-2013, 08:23 AM
I haven't heard the song either, I think i'll keep it that way.

I'm always suspicious of any "overnight sensation" that is suddenly rammed down your throat by every element of the controlled media.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
03-23-2013, 08:46 AM
All i know is, ive seen all types of people dance that stupid dance, people ive never seen dance before in my life, people who normally would be very carefull not to look or act silly, everbody seems to say, fuck it its gangnam style. I have really had enough of that song
03-23-2013, 09:05 AM

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
This is one shitty song, they should kill that fuckhead that made it, I dont want shit for brains like him swimming in my kid's gene pool.
03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
(03-23-2013 08:46 AM)superiordanes Wrote:  All i know is, ive seen all types of people dance that stupid dance, people ive never seen dance before in my life, people who normally would be very carefull not to look or act silly, everbody seems to say, fuck it its gangnam style. I have really had enough of that song

yep. haha.

I will remain open minded about the possibilities.

it could be "people just like it"

but i suspect there is more.

03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I've never seen the video, even though I did click on it once when it first started making the rounds... so I guess I was counted in those millions of hits. A Korean fighter and his entourage came out for a fight doing that stupid dance in ONE FC. I thought that was pretty lame.
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Re: Gangnam Style Discussion thread
Its catchy, it wasn't pushed down throats till it was hugely popular and others tried to ride the wave, only problem by the time they worked this out wave had broken and was retreating from the shore

Sent from my windows 95 zune

at length did cross an albatross

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Democratic primary thread now that Yang thread gone. pilgrim 199 8,234 09-18-2020 01:22 AM
Last Post: pilgrim
  Flat Earth Discussion Thread Fugazi 549 148,384 09-03-2020 12:13 PM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Coronavirus Covid-19 Official Discussion Thread The Diet Butcher 1,154 31,039 08-30-2020 03:46 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Speaker and Headphone discussion thread pug-thug 65 16,797 08-24-2020 06:36 AM
Last Post: pug-thug