Login | Register

Poll: Do you have a problem with this
Yes
No
Results
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Do you have a problem with this?
02-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Do you have a problem with this?
http://news.msn.com/politics/memo-sets-r...d-citizens

At first I was worried that this was about real US citizens? If you name has an 'Al-' in it, and you're in Yemen, personally, I think you had it coming?

The more you cry, the less I care.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 03:25 AM
RE: Do you have a problem with this?
It's a tough subject because technically an American in Yemen plotting against the US is likely a terrorist. I think it needs to be considered very carefully sans emotion. If you're willing to let them throw away due process because he's a terror suspect what happens when they change the definition of terrorist to include you?

“Now any dogma, based primarily on faith and emotionalism, is a dangerous weapon to use on others, since it is almost impossible to guarantee that the weapon will never be turned on the user.” -- Isaac Asimov
02-06-2013, 03:33 AM
When I am associating with known terrorists in a nation that is known for harboring terrorists that has attempted and completed multiple terrorist attacks on US assets?

The more you cry, the less I care.
02-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Hell naw, if your country ends in "stan" then you need to just get nuked into a fuckin glass crater.

Romney 2016 bitches
02-06-2013, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 04:02 AM by symbolik.)
Like I said it's a tough subject but deserves some thought.

This time it's a known terrorist in a nation that is known for harboring terrorists, next it'll be a bit more gray and then more gray and so on. All I'm saying is that this kind of shit always starts with an emotional response and then it's a few years of conditioning and then it's the norm.

Kind of like the gun debate now. Pre-Sandy Hook if someone suggested we remove all automatic weapons it would have appeared to come out of left field and seemed odd.

Or a better example is smoking. We went from smoking everywhere to treating smokers like lepers. Now you might say "ya well smoking is bad for everyone". Maybe that's true but we never did get to have that debate did we. The science was all lies and the only discussion was how people "felt" about it. Add some kids to the mix and you want to kill babies if you're a smoker. Next they'll be telling smokers they can't smoke in their apartments, then their homes, then outside.

I don't smoke, for the record.

“Now any dogma, based primarily on faith and emotionalism, is a dangerous weapon to use on others, since it is almost impossible to guarantee that the weapon will never be turned on the user.” -- Isaac Asimov
02-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I fucked up my vote. I didn't see the link in the first post. Oh well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Female: The Well-Endowed Guys I’ve Been With All Seem to Have the Same Problem pug-thug 4 333 06-01-2019 11:52 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  The Problem With EY and Most Asian Males.... DonJohnson 15 1,465 12-05-2018 09:29 AM
Last Post: trevorrice
  Youtube admits problem, many of the best performing videos are conspiracy vids pug-thug 11 1,370 07-24-2018 05:19 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  How big of a problem are shills on online communities? Elgrundle 42 4,359 06-12-2017 12:54 AM
Last Post: Penxv