Login | Register

Strange. Apple to acquire Beats By Dre for 3.2 billion
05-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Strange. Apple to acquire Beats By Dre for 3.2 billion
Very strange acquisition that does not fit in with the Apple aesthetic or culture.

Quote:Apple is reportedly close inking to a deal to acquire the luxury headphone maker Beats Electronics for a staggering $3.2 billion, which would be the company's largest acquisition ever.

The Financial Times' Matthew Garrahan first reported that Apple is nearing final stages of the deal, which could be announced as soon as next week. The audio hardware company was founded in 2008 by Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine, and quickly gained a following by placing its pricey headphones on the ears of numerous celebrities and athletes. Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal also quickly confirmed the negotiations between the two sides.

If it happens, the move is such a departure from Apple's normal acquisition strategy, — and Beats is such a questionable target — that most tech watchers are scratching their heads this evening.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Strange. Apple to acquire Beats By Dre for 3.2 billion
I never realized how important one person could be. Apple is losing all its focus after Job's died.

Apple Iphone 5C = joke

Gold Iphone = departure from apple aesthetics.

now they are acquiring TACKY headphone maker BEATS?

BEATS does not fit in with the austere and minimalistic apple aesthetic.

PUZZLING TO SAY THE LEAST.
05-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Are Beats known for high quality headphones though?

Are they the market leader?

I'm just trying to figure out Apple's logic. I can see the benefit of owning a top notch headphone manufacturer if will help make your next generation audio devices superior to other brands, but not at 3.2 billion.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
05-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Normally apple's acquisitions are relatively unknown companies who have some form of proprietary software or technology which they then use in their future releases of their own products.
As far as I am aware beats had no significant if any? Patents of new technology nor any innovative processes.
They purchase to improve their own products, how does this do that?
Very puzzling in that regard, perhaps there is something that beats had been developing that is being keep very hush hush
05-09-2014, 06:30 PM
So many people are buying those overpriced headphones, though. They're super popular among blacks, who are very trendy consumers. But aside from that, the marketing blitz of the past two years has led to Beats being by far the most recognizable brand of high-end headphones in the US. I think it's a sensible vertical integration. They will continue to sell Beats headphones, while also marketing them and the iPhones as being designed to work with each other, and offering more expensive iPhone packages with them.

They'll have to sell a lot of them to make up 3.2 billion, but barring any major societal upheaval, they'll make it happen, I think.
05-09-2014, 06:31 PM
It's the marketing. I see doucehbags wearing these headphones all throughout the gym.Im a strapping young lad, do I need to wear such expensive headphones? No. $10 ones work just fine. Apple wants to jump a board. Good. I don't trust this company.
05-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Yo, I see you wearing huge bright red headphones running treadmill or maxing out bench... here comes senor completely destroying ur records wearing $10 headphones and better looking. I hope you learned your lesson.
05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
This is why I don't listen to rap. Every rapper is a fucking liar and I could whoop their ass. Why would I listen to a liars music? Metal is where its at.
05-09-2014, 06:39 PM
(05-09-2014 06:20 PM)superCalo Wrote:  Normally apple's acquisitions are relatively unknown companies who have some form of proprietary software or technology which they then use in their future releases of their own products.
As far as I am aware beats had no significant if any? Patents of new technology nor any innovative processes.
They purchase to improve their own products, how does this do that?
Very puzzling in that regard, perhaps there is something that beats had been developing that is being keep very hush hush

I think they're just buying a name, basically, and a higher end set of headphones. I guess they could have created their own expensive headphones and done a mega ad blitz to promote them, but they wouldn't sell as many to people who don't typically buy Apple products. In the end, they just chose to buy the top current high-end name in headphones.
05-09-2014, 06:45 PM
They probably hope to sell an ipod with every set of beats headphones. Maybe they'll release an upmarket iPod or iPhone that comes with Beat headphones. I still dont see how they'll recover their 3.2 billion but I havent seen the books, maybe Beats makes major profits.

05-09-2014, 06:50 PM
probably just a pure business decision. Apple is sitting on tons of cash and needs to spend it somewhere.

IF they don't integrate Beats into the apple lineup its' probably fine.

I don't think Jobs would have approved of this deal.

Not a fan of jobs but he had a vision for the company. beats does not fit that vision.

these headphones are overpriced pieces of junk.

IMO they look ugly too.
05-09-2014, 08:21 PM
[Image: 10253963_10152420429546499_8154504975748172620_n.jpg]

The logo for Beats is the serpent chasing its tail.

[Image: Beats-Audio-logo.png]

Did Apple pay 3.2 billion dollars so they could reunite the serpent with the apple?

05-09-2014, 08:23 PM
it's also a 6

very obvious
05-09-2014, 08:27 PM
(05-09-2014 08:23 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  it's also a 6

very obvious

Yes, and a b or bee.

Symbolism is always multi-layered.

05-09-2014, 08:31 PM
It closely resembles the Vodafone logo, which is not generally known in the US as they use Verizon branding.

[Image: vodafone-logo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apple announces new Iphones. NPC marketing on full display EVILYOSHIDA 12 355 10-19-2020 01:57 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Apple is getting super desperate.. Apple 666 imploding EVILYOSHIDA 12 1,421 10-15-2020 02:18 PM
  Q Benghazi Bombshell. 152 billion coverup over seal team 6. Biden Obama Implicated EVILYOSHIDA 15 341 10-15-2020 08:37 AM
Last Post: Count Iblis
  Oracle is going to acquire Tik Tok EVILYOSHIDA 3 170 09-15-2020 01:57 PM