Login | Register

Satan, Lucifer, The Devil
03-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Satan, Lucifer, The Devil
I see the term "Satanist" and Satan being thrown around quite a bit.
During Catholic Confirmation you are asked if you reject Satan and all of his works.
Satan as he is mentioned in the OT is an agent of GOD "The Acuser" and he makes an appearance in the NT when Jesus and Him stand off in the desert.
At what point is that agent of GOD identified as the fallen Angle Lucifer?
What are you really doing when you reject Satan and all his works.

The concept of the devil who tortures fallen souls is even more convoluted.
Old Nick, Crampus and the Boogeyman ,many others all fit the mold to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 08:42 AM by Redneck.)
RE: Satan, Lucifer, The Devil
Interesting, Satan is a religious concept that seems to have been adopted by the Big 3. Most modern "Satanists" are actualy atheists who use the symbolism of Satan to follow a life of indulgence and to oppose conventional religion.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
03-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Yah. Wasn't he allowed by God to test another angel's faith by putting him through "hell"

Those who know, know! Big Grin
03-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Yes Redneck, the modern Satanist, at least those in the mold of various Hellfire clubs and what Levey was teaching, seem to me to be just a flavor of the "New Age" movement that indulges in self worship (which I would add is anathema to some higher concepts that are often associated with it like objectivism, the will to power, Thelema, some Tao-ist and Buddhist concepts).
I find particularity interesting that the Catholic Requires it's members to reject an aspect of God-the father. Satan is never actually identified as Lucifer , the dissenting Angel, IRC.
I believe this is part of the subtle Catholic agenda to promote "Jewish" slave morality to prevent people form achieving self actualization. Reject Satan and all of his works , do they mean reject your the part of your own humanity that the Church has no control over, reject an aspect of God and God's creation because it is odds with the Church's paradigm?
Remember these are people who would boil you in oil if your learned how to read outside of their own educational system.
03-18-2013, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 09:15 AM by Dogtown.)
"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time". And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." "If you worship me, it will all be yours."

Sounds pretty clear that this world is Satan's. Christ also explains that his father nor he are of this world, that he was sent from another.

This is why no good people are in power here, and there is prophecy stating Satan's eventual defeat, and a changing of times.

This is the huge misconception with most of humanity. Atheists or some so called satanists go against a fake establishment and think that they are the "opposers". In reality they are just being brushed aside as clueless. Then you have so called christians worshiping that same fake establishment.

By structuring it this way, pretty much everyone is deceived and mislead from all angles. True satanists know very well what the deal is.

My 2 cents.
03-19-2013, 01:56 AM
“‘The Devil’ is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes. This has led to so much confusion of thought that THE BEAST 666 has preferred to let names stand as they are, and to proclaim simply that AIWAZ — the solar-phallic-hermetic ‘Lucifer’ is His own Holy Guardian Angel, and ‘The Devil’ SATAN or HADIT of our particular unit of the Starry Universe.

This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade ‘Know Thyself!’ and taught Initiation. He is ‘the Devil’ of the Book of Thoth, and His emblem is BAPHOMET, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection.” [emphasis added]

~ALEISTER CROWLEY, 'Magick in Theory & Practice', ch.21

03-19-2013, 02:14 AM
NOt a fan of Crowley but he's a flashy writer.

The Serpent is indeed one of the main archetypes for the occultists. You can learn so much from the Adam and Eve story.

03-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race

That each one of us is a God, is the most powerful belief an individual can hold.

The church, the government, and corporations don't want the ignorant masses to believe they have the power to create their own destiny.

They want subservient worker bees, who depend on them for spiritual guidance, protection, and a piddly income in exchange for 1/2 your waking hours on this Earth.
03-19-2013, 02:47 AM
^ yes it might be powerful but that's not how society works.

If each person is a god how could anything get done?

It is also pretty much true that people like to identify with something greater than themselves.. that is where clubs, institutions, religions step in.

03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
[Image: 891742_10151386242916359_219619106_o.jpg]

03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
(03-19-2013 02:36 AM)MightMakesRight Wrote:  
Quote:SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race

That each one of us is a God, is the most powerful belief an individual can hold.

The church, the government, and corporations don't want the ignorant masses to believe they have the power to create their own destiny.

They want subservient worker bees, who depend on them for spiritual guidance, protection, and a piddly income in exchange for 1/2 your waking hours on this Earth.

I agree to some extent but it can be destructive as well.

"The man who claims to be God and the man who doubts it...both are deluded. They talk in their dream"

'Godliness' is humility and the absence of self.

When the mind proclaims "I Am God", it is still nothing more than a dream state of the ego pretending to be what it can never be.

When there is silence, there is God.

In this moment, you and God become One but there nothing to proclaim and no one to proclaim it.

I don't disagree with some of your sentiment.

I'm just warning against holding a 'belief' that has caused much misery throughout the centuries.

"If you don't love all, you love no one" - Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson
03-19-2013, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 10:37 PM by Som-Pong.)
(03-19-2013 01:56 AM)Redneck Wrote:  “‘The Devil’ is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes. This has led to so much confusion of thought that THE BEAST 666 has preferred to let names stand as they are, and to proclaim simply that AIWAZ — the solar-phallic-hermetic ‘Lucifer’ is His own Holy Guardian Angel, and ‘The Devil’ SATAN or HADIT of our particular unit of the Starry Universe.

This serpent, SATAN, is not the enemy of Man, but He who made Gods of our race, knowing Good and Evil; He bade ‘Know Thyself!’ and taught Initiation. He is ‘the Devil’ of the Book of Thoth, and His emblem is BAPHOMET, the Androgyne who is the hieroglyph of arcane perfection.” [emphasis added]

~ALEISTER CROWLEY, 'Magick in Theory & Practice', ch.21

Reading on p 105 in the book of Thoth right now. It seems to me to represent most centrally thought and bliss. Which in my interpretation is the conscious effort to achieve orgasms, like PUA.

Therefore PUAs are the Debil.
03-19-2013, 10:48 PM
PUA could be classified under the lowest level of the NEW age self help movements.

they are cockroach level NWO helpers.

03-19-2013, 11:22 PM
(03-19-2013 02:47 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  ^ yes it might be powerful but that's not how society works.

If each person is a god how could anything get done?

It is also pretty much true that people like to identify with something greater than themselves.. that is where clubs, institutions, religions step in.

To say what you say in your question supposes that "each person is a god" means something akin to "each person can create a universe". "God" doesn't have to mean what Jewish religions tell you it means. Just like simply treating people as equals doesn't mean "all chiefs, no indians". It would mean everyone has the ultimate power and control over their destiny. That should empower people, and keep them away from revering false idols, living vicariously, and so on. Of course, it's more comfortable to attribute a higher power to one's successes and follies...at least the majority seem to feel this is so, but that is largely attributable to childhood conditioning. Either way it never really worked for me.
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
yes but the greatest proponent of free will is the Catholic Church.. it is a total free will religion. God can only judge those who are freely acting.

Also most asian people believe that their destiny is in their own hands without resorting to religion. It's something peopel should intuitively know. you take responsibility for yourself, work hard and you reap the rewards. but most western thought systems are quite deterministic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The White Man Is The Devil - Videos Dick Tater 51 1,292 06-16-2020 01:11 PM
Last Post: Dick Tater
  If I were the devil - Paul Harvey 1964 pilgrim 3 211 05-27-2020 06:40 AM
Last Post: pilgrim
  The White Man Is The Devil Dick Tater 510 27,448 04-14-2020 09:57 AM
Last Post: General Franco
  Rapper sparks anti-Semitism outcry with Rothschild, ‘synagogue of Satan’ lyrics jho 8 307 03-22-2020 03:01 AM
Last Post: pug-thug