Login | Register

Church makes Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene
01-04-2014, 10:44 AM
Church makes Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene
Church Creates a Nativity Scene Featuring Life-Sized Trayvon Martin Bleeding from His Chest

[Image: trayvon-nativity.jpg]

The death of Trayvon Martin affected millions of people in a lot of different ways. It also had a multitude of inspirational manifestations, including art, music and videos. One manifestation has gotten a great deal of attention and it’s been controversial.

A church in California did a Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene, which has gotten the attention of the community. The leaders explained the scene by saying that “we have to take a look at the violence” according to TheBlaze.com.

Claremont United Methodist Church outside Los Angeles has put out a display that includes a life-size representation of Martin, with blood coming out of his chest. The person who did it is John Zachary, who has done the nativity scenes for the church for many years.

John has done other non-traditional scenes in the past, including the representation of Mary and Joseph as a homeless couple, as illegal immigrants. He also also presented Mary as a black woman in prison with a baby.

“I’ve tried to make them contemporary issues that are provocative as they relate to the Nativity story,” Zachary said in an interview on Youtube. “I think that from our privileged point of view we’ve come to see the Nativity as a representation of something that is comfortable and present and wonderful in our life and I want to make it something that Jesus would have taught and something that is thought-provoking and something that is a contemporary issue about social justice.”

He calls the most recent work “A Child is Born, a Son is Given,” and wants it to spark conversation about gun violence in America. He says that the story also relates to the biblical story of the killing of infants by King Herod.

“As we celebrate the birth of Christ I think it’s important that we think about all those that don’t have the privilege to celebrate with us,” Zachary said.

http://allchristiannews.com/church-creat...his-chest/

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Church makes Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene
Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
01-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Re: Church makes Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene
bwahahahahaha

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
01-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Touching, real people's, real issues, real death & betrayal, makes one think, reflect, contemplate

at length did cross an albatross
01-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Trayvon was a worthless dog that deserved to be euthanized.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
01-04-2014, 01:15 PM
"He calls the most recent work “A Child is Born, a Son is Given,”"
Which reminds me of the lyrics of this song?!??!

01-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Protestantism... reclaiming the word of god one deed at a time!
01-04-2014, 03:44 PM
(01-04-2014 12:08 PM)Hellfire Awaits Wrote:  Trayvon was a worthless dog that deserved to be euthanized.

wow...
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
This forum goes a bit far at times, at other times more than a bit

at length did cross an albatross
01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
WWJD?

He'd beat dat ass!!!

But then get martyred HARD Confused
01-04-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 04:08 PM by Shahanshah.)
Thumbs Up RE: Church makes Trayvon Martin Nativity Scene
(01-04-2014 12:08 PM)Hellfire Awaits Wrote:  Trayvon was a worthless dog that deserved to be euthanized.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
(01-04-2014 04:08 PM)Shahanshah Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

someone else please post here and tell me this is not the prevailing opinion of this forum.
01-04-2014, 04:26 PM
^ it's not .. and those types of views are not encouraged.

I initially sided more with Trayvon.. because I knew the type zimmerman was.. guy who can't mind his own business with a hero complex. and time has proven me right.. the guy just keeps getting into trouble.
01-04-2014, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 04:27 PM by Hellfire Awaits.)
Judging from Trayvon's real life history (not the bullshit US media narrative), he was a future death row inmate waiting to happen.

Part time drug dealer. Was caught at school with burglary tools in his possesion. BRAGGED about punching out a bus driver on social media. All this by age 17. This is all documented, all you have to do is google it.

Not only that, but he ASSAULTED George Zimmerman first, punching his face down into the pavement, and in all likelihood might have killed him unless Zimmerman had a gun in his possession.

But WAHHH HE BE A GOOD BOY, you say? no. He is a piece of shit who deserved to get his brains blown out that day. You try to kill a man and live a life of iniquity before you are old enough to purchase cigarettes? Prepare to scream in eternal torment as your soul plunges forever into Hell.

Conservatives ought to have no patience for the worthless children of single mothers. Make a permanent example out of people like this.

01-04-2014, 04:28 PM
The statements, views and opinions expressed in this FORUM are solely those of the respective posters and do not necessarily represent those of the website itself.

- from the attn. guests initial OP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What makes Crop Circles? Rako 16 1,055 10-20-2020 03:20 AM
Last Post: Rako
  Idaho Police Arrest 3 at Outdoor Church Worship Event in Defiance of Mask Mandate pilgrim 6 204 09-29-2020 11:10 PM
Last Post: pilgrim
  Saudi Arabia Makes Maiden Shipment Of Blue Ammonia To Japan jho 0 138 09-29-2020 12:34 PM
Last Post: jho
  California's All-Out War on Church Worship Intensifies With Bans, Fines, and Spies pilgrim 17 462 08-27-2020 08:31 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns