Login | Register

The legendary PDEKING archive
03-05-2013, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 12:49 AM by pug-thug.)
The legendary PDEKING archive
PDEKING was a legendary poster on the UNDERGROUND back in the day. He is known especially for applying his professional math skills in debating the relative merits of BJJ and JUDO.

this thread is dedicated to his posts.

Quote:Many uninformed beginners are often misguided when they hear someone say that judo blackbelts are constantly submitted by BJJ blue belts. I am only providing a counter example to those who claim "BJJ was created by discarding useless techniques from judo and thus BJJ is more effective than judo.". I have absolutely no tolerance to those who make these false claims. Even Kano had to prove that his style is better than other jujutsu ryu by having his students defeat them in challenge matches. BJJ demagogues spread fast. Many BJJ dojo attract new students based on these lies. These dojo do not deserve to prosper. They are teaching bogus judo techniques by telling their students that judo throws are useless. Very few people in the US provide correct information about the authentic judo, which is a deadly art practiced by many soldiers throughout the world.

HAHAHA

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: PDEKING archive
On royce vs. yoshida 2

Quote:It was a scripted fight, which was made in order to keep Royce marketable (to sell tickets in the future). Royce looked impressive only because Yoshida did not fight back on the ground. As in UFC 1-5 (in which Rorion Gracie is credited as Fight Director/Choreographer), Royce can look impressive only when the fights are scripted completely. He has never won any title in anything including BJJ, and has never beaten anyone in any real MMA fight. He looks good when the fight is scripted partially as in Royce vs Sakuraba. Sakuraba obviously had agreed to let Royce continue as long as possible, and not to finish Royce. Royce is the only Pride fighter who trash-talks after the fight. He is really a pro-wrestler/clown of Pride. In a real fight, it should be a piece of cake for Yoshida to destroy Royce at will

03-06-2013, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 12:03 AM by CTsar.)
awesome! where are you finding these?

(03-05-2013 11:57 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
Quote:Many uninformed beginners are often misguided when they hear someone say that judo blackbelts are constantly submitted by BJJ blue belts. I am only providing a counter example to those who claim "BJJ was created by discarding useless techniques from judo and thus BJJ is more effective than judo.". I have absolutely no tolerance to those who make these false claims. Even Kano had to prove that his style is better than other jujutsu ryu by having his students defeat them in challenge matches. BJJ demagogues spread fast. Many BJJ dojo attract new students based on these lies. These dojo do not deserve to prosper. They are teaching bogus judo techniques by telling their students that judo throws are useless. Very few people in the US provide correct information about the authentic judo, which is a deadly art practiced by many soldiers throughout the world.

HAHAHA

[Image: judothrow.gif.pagespeed.ce.wZ62Moz4MY.gif]
03-06-2013, 12:06 AM
LOL. i am crawling the web to save the last bits of his magic online.

check the main forum, I found the post that first got me banned in 2004.

03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:pdeking

Edited: 04-May-04
Solidus, the word “dumb” exists to describe a punk like you. When I was a student, I maintained 4.00 GPA for 9 consecutive years until I got the Ph.D. I am an internationally recognized research mathematician and university math professor with 3 Master’s degrees and a Ph.D in Math from Johns Hopkins University. My intelligence level is 100000 times higher than the highest level you can imagine

03-06-2013, 12:18 AM

Edited: 09-May-04
Solidus, you moron! I am an internationally recognized research mathematician/math professor. I specialize in geometric analysis problems using elliptic partial differential equation methods. I am the first mathematician in the world who has proven the existence and uniqueness of an isometric immersion of a unit disk into the hyperbolic 3 dimensional space with constant sectional curvature –1 as a negatively curved constant mean curvature surface determined by a holomorphic quadratic differential prescribed on the unit disk in the complex plane. The level I have achieved is too high for you to even imagine. This is what I meant by "My intelligence level is 10000000000000 times higher than the highest level you can imagine.".

03-06-2013, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 12:20 AM by CTsar.)
Quote:My intelligence level is 100000 times higher than the highest level you can imagine

hahahaha

(03-06-2013 12:18 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  

Edited: 09-May-04
Solidus, you moron! I am an internationally recognized research mathematician/math professor. I specialize in geometric analysis problems using elliptic partial differential equation methods. I am the first mathematician in the world who has proven the existence and uniqueness of an isometric immersion of a unit disk into the hyperbolic 3 dimensional space with constant sectional curvature –1 as a negatively curved constant mean curvature surface determined by a holomorphic quadratic differential prescribed on the unit disk in the complex plane. The level I have achieved is too high for you to even imagine. This is what I meant by "My intelligence level is 10000000000000 times higher than the highest level you can imagine.".

lol that has to be a troll, but it's brilliant
03-06-2013, 12:25 AM
dude the guy only had like a few hundred posts yet left such a strong impact.

Amazing.

his writing style is amazingly lucid and good.

it is so direct.

03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:BJJ is a complete subset of judo. It is for this reason that BJJ can never surpass judo. "If A and B are two sets, and A is a strict subset of B, then A can never exceed B" is a very basic theorem in logic. In other words, all the BJJ techniques are in judo, but there are many judo techniques that are absent in BJJ. BJJ has far fewer techniques than judo. In spite of all the facts I presented on the internet, some BJJ followers still claim that BJJ is far better than judo. I am only presenting facts. Armbreaker, I strongly recommend that you visit Gene LeBelle's dojo and meet with Mr. LeBelle or Gokor. It seems to me you have never seen judo at the Olympic level. I cannot blame you for this since it is practically impossible to see judo at the Olympic level for those who live in the US. You have no choice but to take BJJ because your judo teacher does not teach you real judo. I also recommend that you read all the articles written by Faxia Roxa on this forum. You will find them excellently instructive. As you say, majority of judoka in the US need to learn more newaza. I agree. Many judoka (not necessarily the A-class judoka) defeated top BJJ representatives under the BJJ rule as we saw in Abu Dhabi Challenge 1999 (e.g, Igor Yakimov, Mark Robinson, Hayato Sakurai) and in history (Kimura defeating Helio, Ono defeating Jorge Gracie (see http://www.bjj.org)). The opposite has never happened. I would be impressed if a BJJ representative managed to qualify for the next Olympic and won a medal in judo.

03-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:pdeking (8/8/99 8:00:53 pm) Reply true judo I have been trying to convey what true judo is all about on the internet for the last two years since there are so many people who have never seen real judo. I think things have started to change gradually due to the effort of people like you and myself. I post at Underground to defend the honor of judo and the people who created it. You have done an excellent job for providing detailed explanation of real judo techniques. The sad fact is that majority of people in US have never seen real judo. Very few dojo in US teach real judo. TV never shows any judo match even in Olympics. What makes me really infuriated is that many BJJ followers claim that judo blackbelts are easily submitted by BJJ blue belts. These young men have never encountered real judoka who possess formidable skills. They also have no idea about how devastating judo throws can be if executed on a hard surface. I think it takes time for justice to prevail. I will keep on posting correct information on judo. faxia roxa (8/9/99 7:44:30 am)

03-06-2013, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 12:50 AM by CTsar.)
Quote:From: pdeking
Posted: 12/31/03 7:28 PM
Edited: 31-Dec-03 08:58 PM Member Since: 01-Jan-01

Chronic fatigue significantly slows down reflex and weakens mental focus. In most sports, most athletes can achieve peak performance at most 4 times a year. In Pride 2003, Yoshida fought on Aug 10, Nov 9, and Dec 31. He suffered a knee injury on Aug 10 during the fight. Without a complete recovery from the injury, he prepared for the fight against Silva. He had a neck injury while preparing for the fight against Silva. As a result, he could not practice Newaza a few weeks before the fight. This is why his newaza against Silva was not as sharp as 3 months before when he fought Tamura. To increase the likelihood of surviving the fight, he practiced mainly defense against knees and punches. He expended a lot of energy to prepare for the fight against Silva. As a result, he could not train for a whole month after the Nov 9 fight due to exhaustion. His neck injury had not fully healed. Still, he took the fight. It was a big mistake that Yoshida decided to fight Royce when he was still recovering from the battle fatigue and neck injury. He should have rested like V. Silva and Rodorigo Nogueira. They were asked to fight for Dec 31 Pride, but declined the offer knowing the importance of getting enough rest. In the post-fight interview, Yoshida said that his performance against Royce was absolutely pathetic. It was not that he had a cardio problem, but he had not had enough rest since his last fight. Yoshida fought while still recovering from a state of burnout. It looked like Yoshida’s level of conditioning was about 25% of his peak level. He could not move as he wanted in R2 due to fatigue. On the other hand, Royce’s level of conditioning was better than 100%. He had an excellent support team (strength coach, doctors, and training partners including Nino Sinosic, Daniel Gracie, Ryan Gracie, Renzo Gracie) this time. He improved by 100% since Aug 2002. I think Sakuraba made the same mistake as Yoshida. He had an ankle injury during the fight on Nov 9. They both fought when their bodies were still recovering from battle fatigue and injury. The fight showed that Royce at his 200% can match Yoshida at his 25%. Yoshida should have waited until his energy level returned to at least 50%, which would have been sufficient to beat Royce easily. Yoshida’s 100% level is equal to Royce’s 800%, which Royce could never ever achieve. Yoshida is experienced enough not to make the same mistake again. He will be 100% prepared next time, and will crush Royce at will. If he had been 100%, he would have defeated Silva as well. Botha also made the same mistake. He fought on Dec 6, and then again on Dec 31. I guess he was anxious to redeem his honor from the loss in his first K-1 fight as quickly as possible.

Posted: 1/1/04 9:59 AM
Edited: 01-Jan-04 Member Since: 01-Jan-01

Royce's definition of win is either KO or submission. Royce still has ZERO win in MMA. His UFC wins don't count since they were achieved in the presence of the Fight Choreographer Rorion. “Nobuhiko Takada smiled on Fuji TV saying that Yoshida vs. Royce would be a "100% pure" match (hinting that Sapp/Akebono and Fujita/Mayfield could be works). Naoya Ogawa & Shin'ya Hashimoto showed up at the event and got booed heavily. They were there to heat-up their angle with Nobuhiko Takada for the Hustle-1 show on 1/4 at Saitama Super Arena. They went to attack Takada and Bill Goldberg showed up to a huge babyface reaction for the save.” If Yoshida vs Royce had been truly a "100% pure" match, Takada would not have said this. He said so precisely because he had to hide the fact that there was a pre-fight agreement to make Royce look good. Yoshida stops being aggressive in R2. Royce looked impressive only because Yoshida did not fight back in R2 based on the pre-fight agreement.

Posted: 12/31/03 10:00 PM
Edited: 31-Dec-03 10:03 PM Member Since: 01-Jan-01

Thank you very for acknowledging my effort. I would like to point out that Mirko Crocop (he fought on Nov 9 against Rodorigo Nogueira) also declined the offer from Inoki since his doctor said to him that he was not in a condition to fight yet. Crocop, Nogueira, Silva, followed their doctor’s orders. Sakuraba and Yoshida did not. I think Khakhaleishvili made even a bigger mistake. He took the fight with 3 days notice, weighing 175kg. He weighed 125 kg when he won the gold in +95kg class beating Ogawa in 1992 Olympics. I think what you mean by the Gracies are Helio’s sons (Royler, Rickson, Royce). The other Gracies, such as Renzo and Ryan have not tried to rationalize their losses. They are Carlos Gracie’s grandsons. Carlos is the one who learned Judo directly from Maeda. You may know it already, but in case you don’t, I suggest that you read http://bjj.org/interviews/carlson-1997.html (Carlson Gracie Interview) http://www.geocities.com/global_training...helio.htm, (Helio confesses that he was choked out by Kimura), http://www.geocities.com/global_training.../mehdi.htm . Many things Helio says in the interview are false as you will easily notice (such as Judo did not come to Brazil until 1950). Nishi said on a Kimura Documentary aired by Fuji TV in 1998 that Kimura actually submitted Helio 20 times (joint locks and chokes combined). Kimura spent 3 months in Brazil in 1951 during which he fought Helio, and made about 300 million yen by the standard of 1983 (when he wrote “My Judo”, part of which I translated and made available on the web.), which is more like $ 6 million today. He did not say exactly how much he got paid for letting Helio last during the first round (10 minutes). The fight was initially scheduled as a pro-wrestling match, and Kimura was scheduled to lose to Helio as Mehdi says. In Kato vs Helio fight footage, you can see that Helio grabs the rope (rope escape). Kato threw Helio near the rope, and Helio grabs the rope as soon as he got thrown. The footwork Helio shows in the film is very awkward. He moves like a white belt. You can easily see that Kato (he was a 5th dan) deliberately withheld his true skills. The fight looks very much like pro-wrestling. Yasuichi Ono, who drew with Helio twice after choking out his older brother Jorge, said to the author of Maeda biography “Conde Koma, lion’s dream”, that in his fight against Helio, rope escapes were allowed. Ono threw Helio more than 20 times near the rope, and Helio always escaped further attacks from Ono by grabbing the rope. Ono didn’t like the money he earned in the fights, and donated it to the Red Cross. Helio and his sons started UFC in Nov 1993, 7 months after Kimura passed away. Rorion was the Fight Coordinator/Choreographer/Director as credited on the video boxes of UFC 1-5, which are available at many video rental shops. The Pride website said “Nobuhiko Takada smiled on Fuji TV saying that Yoshida vs. Royce would be a "100% pure" match (hinting that Sapp/Akebono and Fujita/Mayfield could be works).Naoya Ogawa & Shin'ya Hashimoto showed up at the event and got booed heavily. They were there to heat-up their angle with Nobuhiko Takada for the Hustle-1 show on 1/4 at Saitama Super Arena. They went to attack Takada and Bill Goldberg showed up to a huge babyface reaction for the save.”. I wondered why Takada singled out only Royce vs Yoshida to claim that it is 100% pure match. I have just talked to my brother-in-law in Japan who has just watched the fight. We came to a conclusion, which is still a speculation, that there must have been a pre-fight agreement between Yoshida side and Royce side to let Royce last to the end to redeem Royce’s marketability so as to create Yoshida vs Royce 3.
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
LMFAO @ the percentage thing. HAHAHAHAHAHA

the thing is , there is some logic to what he says.

I believe it could be true that yoshida just laid down for Royce in the 2nd fight. at the time the Gracies were still useful for marketing.. and the first royce fight pissed them off to no end.

03-06-2013, 09:25 AM
LOL @ fight choreographer RORION.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pdeking is a genius poster.

with so few posts, people are still talking about him a decade later. that is true power.

Even many major production movies are forgotten in a few years. But PDEKING lives on.

03-06-2013, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 10:07 AM by CTsar.)
I also agree with his first hypothesis on Royce vs Yoshida. It's just hilarious how he breaks down every argument into mathematical equations.

Like you can almost see writing on the chalkboard. Royce 800% ------ Yoshida 100%

prof pdeking ftw!
03-06-2013, 10:26 AM
yes but believing Yoshida laid down for Royce is just as troubling... that would mean yoshida is lacking in integrity. however that fight did look odd. Yoshida seemed to have trouble with someone maybe 2x weaker than him. just doesn't seem right.

yoshida's legit fight with Wanderlei showed what he was made of. Completely tough and able to hang or match the best in the world.

and yeah with PDEKING's posts.. there is some internal logic even if it looks ridiculous.

even his percentage thing makes sense to some degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Muay Thai vs. Kickboxing: "The Legendary Fight That Changed History" Redneck 8 2,585 01-29-2017 05:11 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Legendary WWF commentator Jim Ross wants in on MMA Señor Penis 6 2,730 09-21-2013 07:46 PM
Last Post: GMB13
  Kimura recounts legendary bout with Helio +PDEKING info pug-thug 47 14,430 03-05-2013 07:27 PM
Last Post: pug-thug