Login | Register

Sup Coffee Guy!
02-25-2013, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 11:48 AM by pug-thug.)
Sup Coffee Guy!
Glad you made it here!

long time no see.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 12:26 PM by Coffee Guy.)
RE: Sup Coffee Guy!
Thanks for the warm welcoming my brother! It is good to be here, and I look forward to contributing to the community.

love the pseudo pride logo btw. It seems like the decline of the UG/OG coincided with the demise of pride. That is no coincidence.

Remember when you were new to the UG and became public enemy number #1 just because you firmly agreed with Royce being chocked out and that he acted like a big baby? All the BJJ nuthuggers put a mark on you then that carried over to the OG. I think we will have a blast here being able to speak our minds (the truth). This is a great thing.
02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
(02-25-2013 12:19 PM)Coffee Guy Wrote:  Thanks for the warm welcoming my brother! It is good to be here, and I look forward to contributing to the community.

love the pseudo pride logo btw. It seems like the decline of the UG/OG coincided with the demise of pride. That is no coincidence.

Remember when you were new to the UG and became public enemy number #1 just because you firmly agreed with Royce being chocked out and that he acted like a big baby? All the BJJ nuthuggers put a mark on you then that carried over to the OG. I think we will have a blast here being able to speak our minds (the truth). This is a great thing.

yep. that was a long time ago.. 2003 or 2004. that was the reason why I joined the board, to defend Yoshida's honor. I trademarked the term "roids disgracie" too after Royce got busted for roids.

tons of the old pride crew are here as well. CTsar aka Jons Forsberg.

yeah.. i think the OG/UG started falling apart after Pride died. it was a slow and steady process. not a surprise.. because i'm sure the zuffa influence on the UG has only gotten stronger over time.

02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I have watched very little MMA since pride ended. I followed Fedor's career, and that's pretty much it. I used to live for Pride events. I thought they were best form of entertainment ever. When it ended, I realized it wasn't mma that I really loved, it was Pride fighting. The production, the ring girls, the drama, the pro wrestling angles, the freak shows, the best fighters in the world. All under 1 name. I don't think what's going on really matters much anymore.
02-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Yep.

Fighting should be both spectacle and sport, and Pride understood that. there was something truly something special about Pride. people have tried to reproduce it, namely Dream, but they could never capture the same magic.

02-25-2013, 01:13 PM

lol. i nearly teared up watching this Pride INTRO.

this was something special. it transcended fighting. it was a spiritual thing.

I saw Pride as the TRUE olympics... the best fighter is the best athlete in the world.

02-26-2013, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 04:52 AM by THE_DEAN.)
Great Thread...I agree 100%.

Except for the sentiments on Royce.

I've met him a few times and he always seemed like a decent guy.

I was watching some amateur fights with him back in the late 90's and he personally sat down with and gave words of encouragement to all of the fighters that lost.

But I think him losing was very difficult to accept.

Family pressure. Being told all your life that your family is 'unbeatable'. And having to carry that burden.

I'm guessing it's not easy to be told that all your life and then have to deal with losing a fight.

Probably felt too much pressure and resorted to steroids after realizing he was not unbeatable and possibly in over his head.

(02-25-2013 12:39 PM)Coffee Guy Wrote:  I have watched very little MMA since pride ended. I followed Fedor's career, and that's pretty much it. I used to live for Pride events. I thought they were best form of entertainment ever. When it ended, I realized it wasn't mma that I really loved, it was Pride fighting. The production, the ring girls, the drama, the pro wrestling angles, the freak shows, the best fighters in the world. All under 1 name. I don't think what's going on really matters much anymore.

Pride was 20-25 bucks per pay-per-view event.

UFC?

55-60 bucks per dry-humping event with usually one or two matches that would have even been considered 'Pride Caliber'.

No thanks.

"If you don't love all, you love no one" - Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson
02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:Family pressure. Being told all your life that your family is 'unbeatable'. And having to carry that burden.

I'm guessing it's not easy to be told that all your life and then have to deal with losing a fight.

Probably felt too much pressure and resorted to steroids after realizing he was not unbeatable and possibly in over his head.

I agree..

Honestly , even if he wasn't out.. I don't think Yoshida or Pride did it on purpose to screw him over. if they were that evil they would have never granted him a rematch. Yoshida was proven to be the real deal later on...

02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:UFC?

55-60 bucks per dry-humping event with usually one or two matches that would have even been considered 'Pride Caliber'.

yep.

Less is more. Pride has less events, but stacked them up. UFC spreads it very thin and the rules are not conducive to good fights. Also the win at all costs rule makes the fights very boring. 4 min. of dancing, last minute takedown!

02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
forum vet MIJO signed up as well!

02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
The UFC has turned into utter shit. The 10 minute round worked wonders to separate the point fighters from the killahs.
02-26-2013, 02:22 PM
10 min. first round is essential. give them more time to fight when they are energized.

5, 5, 5 is just lame all around.

the thing is UFC still has a vendetta against pride even though they own it.

02-26-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 03:23 PM by CTsar.)
the problem with Royce roiding is that he went against everything his family stood for for 100 years. And he did it against 183lbs Sakuraba, so you can't even say he was leveling the play field against another juicehead, he showed a lack of confidence in his own art that disgraced his entire family.
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
^ SERIOUSLY. Great post.

He argued against roiding.. and preached technique over strength.. he totally pissed on his family's legacy when he was caught roiding.

he tried denying it too. .and escaped for awhile too.

02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
yeah Royce was never really scrutinized for that outside MMA forums, luckily for him MMA journalism is inexistent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How much does this guy spend on food per day? pug-thug 11 1,981 Yesterday 02:41 PM
Last Post: karasu
Photo I'm looking for this guy... ba_dass 34 7,324 Yesterday 10:26 AM
Last Post: ba_dass
  US puts Kushner’s 30 yo ‘coffee boy’ in charge of Mideast peace pug-thug 4 209 09-11-2019 08:07 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Sunbucks... New innovative coffee chain from China pug-thug 14 884 03-28-2019 08:01 PM
Last Post: Redneck