Login | Register

Stars = you and all that you have ever experienced
08-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Here is a link to my blog post. It is something I have thought about a bit this week.

http://www.thelovingninja.com/2013/08/01...perienced/

On the surface it is simply something to change your frame of reference. But for myself, I find stars and our association to them to be an analogy for the true nature of reality, of concepts of infinite nature and singularity. Of everything just being, everything just is, and that differentiation is simply a perception.

You can call it Brahman, or you can call it singularity as many pre-socratic greeks did. You can call it universal consciousness.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. It is 98% non-eastern thought, so if you have an aversion to that sort of thinking, please still give it a read.

Let me know your thoughts!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Stars = you and all that you have ever experienced
For people who believe in hidden symbolism, whether occult or not, that represents reality, I have even thought that perhaps stars (and their relationship to the universe and matter, as discussed in my blog post) could be an intrinsic hint to the true nature of reality.

Alan Watts likes to present god as a person who can dream each night, and each dream god loses themself and plays out a lifetime as a person. kind of like if you had the ability to lucid dream, and in one nights sleep you could live an entire lifetime.

The first few nights you would be yourself, but super rich, powerful, fuck all the ladies, etc. Then you will lucid dream yourself as a woman, as the president, as a this, as a that. Eventually you would lucid dream yourself as someone with cancer, who dies young, you is a killer, who gets killed by that same killer, as a tree, as the wind, etc.

Given an infinite amount of time, eventually the dream you (or god) loses themself in would be the life you are currently living.

He likes to show god as playing a game of hide and seek with himself. He loses himself in the role that he is playing (a human 29 year old man), and it wouldn't be fun and enjoyable if he knew the entire time that this was just his own creation, that it was just make believe.

In that kind of sense, I see the sun, and its relation to us, as kind of this hidden symbol for the true nature of reality, that everything is the same, nothing is different, and if you so wish, all is Brahman. It is kind of like the back up just in case measure god uses to let himself know, just in case he gets caught up in the role he is playing, what his true nature is. It can't be too obvious, otherwise it would spoil the fun.

But anyway, even if you don't go for that analogy, I hope you enjoy the frame of reference on what you are and how you are simply star.
08-02-2013, 02:24 AM
reading
08-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Thanks EY!
08-03-2013, 10:19 AM
you would be interested in Mircea Eliade's work.

he is sympathetic to eastern thought as well, specifically Hinduism.
08-03-2013, 11:44 AM
The term "hierophany" appears frequently in the works of the religious historian Mircea Eliade as an alternative to the more restrictive term "theophany" (an appearance of a god).[1]
Eliade argues that religion is based on a sharp distinction between the sacred (God, gods, mythical ancestors, etc.) and the profane.[2] According to Eliade, for traditional man, myths describe "breakthroughs of the sacred (or the 'supernatural') into the World" – that is, hierophanies.[3]
In the hierophanies recorded in myth, the sacred appears in the form of ideal models (the actions and commandments of gods, heroes, etc.). By manifesting itself as ideal models, the sacred gives the world value, direction, and purpose: "The manifestation of the sacred ontologically founds the world".[4] According to this view, all things need to imitate or conform to the sacred models established by hierophanies in order to have true reality: to traditional man, things "acquire their reality, their identity, only to the extent of their participation in a transcendent reality"
08-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Very nice article Nick.

Hopefully, everybody takes some time to read through it.

"If you don't love all, you love no one" - Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson
08-03-2013, 03:00 PM
I've noticed you like Eliad EY read a lot of his stuff at uni.
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
^ yeah I like him. His work on the occult, secret societies and rituals has been helpful.

he was searching for a universal essence that is inherent in religion or superstition.
08-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Really interesting EY. Man, my pile of reading material keeps growing!

Thanks The Dean!
08-03-2013, 09:45 PM
good write up though. very prolific.

everything is indeed interconnected, but things are also separate and complementary. sometimes they are not complementary. Lions and Hyenas for example.
04-02-2015, 01:44 AM
sdf
04-02-2015, 04:39 AM
TL;DR?

come for the calo, stay for the yoshida brotha
04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Nick Denis no longer posts at this site. He's concentrating more on himself instead of on various world conspiracies.

Hope he comes back as we do have a lot of stuff that focuses on self improvement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Energetic Vampirism. Have you experienced it? pug-thug 70 23,165 08-01-2019 05:35 AM
Last Post: karasu
  LAPD Goes After Thor Actor Accusing Big Stars of Pedophilia Billygoat 4 1,562 05-15-2019 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  ‘Falling Stars’ the latest embedded advertising PSYOP pug-thug 1 739 10-27-2018 07:51 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Are YouTube Stars Cultivated by YouTube? jho 5 1,159 01-20-2018 03:27 PM
Last Post: pilgrim