The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting
05-08-2022, 02:16 AM
The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting
Do you remember where you were.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2022, 01:47 PM
RE: The Day Japanese Pro Wrestling Humbled Shootfighting
Vale cut his mullet before that fight and the shorter hair definitely wasn't working for him, not that very much else was working for him that night either for that matter. The Vale vs Dan Severn fight is one I have never been able to track down, I'm not even sure a recording of it exists although I have heard from a couple of people it does, or at least it did at one time. Severn vs Vale is one fight I might come out of retirement as a fan to watch were I lucky enough to find it somewhere.

On the other hand, I can understand someone not wanting to share something as rare as Dan Severn vs Bart vale.
05-13-2022, 10:20 PM
LOL, Bart Vale was no more real than the Pro-Wrestlers. In Japan there was a very fine line between some of the Pro-Wrestling orgs and the so-called "real" organisations such as Shootfighting.

Bear in mind that Shootfighting is also where Ken Shamrock cut his teeth, and I do have to question the legitimacy of some of his fights in that league as well.

Anyone remember the Japanese UWFI org? That shit was completely scripted but it looked real.

05-14-2022, 05:32 PM
^^Oh yes, I remember it. I think that was the organization where Bart Vale 'knocked out' Ken Shamrock. Vale sold that as a legit fight for a long time, and John Peretti even touted it in his cageside commentary in the EF bout I posted here. Shamrock never stopped being a carny, even in UFC. The most obvious one in my mind was when he seemingly slipped on a banana peel vs Rich Franklin. He later expresses his anger that Dana wouldn't book one more big fight for him after he 'put over' Rich Franklin. Smile
05-14-2022, 05:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The RICKSON of Wrestling? karasu 7 1,235 04-08-2021 02:16 PM
Last Post: karasu
  WRESTLING karasu 11 1,950 06-27-2020 05:40 PM
Last Post: karasu
  Rinya Nakamura leaves wrestling for MMA Todd Atkins MMA Show 1 935 04-02-2020 09:53 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Rugby Pro gets Pranked by Race Car Driver. Redneck 3 1,881 03-18-2017 03:38 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA