Login | Register

Food shortages are coming.
03-20-2022, 10:27 PM
Food shortages are coming.
How do you intend to deal with the coming food shortage crisis? Do you just hope that it wont be as bad as some people say and that you'll always be able to buy some food from the supermarket, no matter how bad things get, or are you prepared to survive without the need for whatever morsels you can pick up from the grocery store?

I have to admit that if there was a SHTF scenario tomorrow then I'd be lucky to survive 3 months, and if I lost electricty then it would be more like 3 weeks. In light of this, I am doing a couple of things. I am having a solar system installed, with a big ass battery that gets charged during the day so that I am still off the grid at night. This will also work as back up energy in case the electricity compamy goes offline due to a disaster of some kind. I also have a 9KW gasoline generator and about 50 gallons of gas. The reason for the electrical backup is so that I can keep my freezers running if something were to happen.

But, I have realized that my energy source is still prone to failure, especially if there is an EMP, so I am now preparing to grow vegetables and fruit on my property. I'm currently prepping 5 large garden beds, and I have several large pots, in which I intend to grow essential foods and to become more self-sufficient.

I will be growing basic survival food that is either high in calories, or in nutrients, or hopefully both. Things such as potatoes, beets, carrots, beans, broccoli and lettuce. But nothing that's difficult to grow such as Corn, Pumpkin or Squash. I even looked into growing bananas and apples in pots, and found that you can grow both easily. I'd also like to raise chickens so that I have a steady supply of eggs, but I dont want the hassle of cleaning the coup, or predators that will try and kill the chickens, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to barter other things for eggs. I'm also stocked up on canned food and wil be adding powdered milk and dry flake potatoes (Instant mash) to my list as both have a long shelf life and can provide much needed calories and carbs. Rice is another great food product that has a long shelf life. I've also stocked up on pasta that can be stored in jars for long periods and it simply needs be boiled in order to eat it, once again a very long shelf life and high in calories.

The Great Reset is now upon us, and they know that if they threaten our food supply then we will do anything that they ask, just in the hope of being thrown a crumb.

What are you doing to prepare for this?

The bioweapon is not the virus, the bioweapon is the fake vaccine - David Icke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2022, 10:40 PM
RE: Food shortages are coming.
I'm just hoarding at the moment. People around here are unaware of the looming crisis thus far so luckily I've been able to really make hay in this regard. Just got started a few days ago so I'm a little late to the party I guess. Admittedly if this lasts more than a few months I'm fucked. Was going to mention pasta as well, wheat based products will be among the first to start to disappear. Also don't forget about manufactured necessities, hardware etc. Lunatic Biden and his backers have China in their sights for economic war next and they make everything we use.

Was considering making a thread about this but you beat me to it Redneck Smile
03-20-2022, 10:51 PM
(03-20-2022 10:40 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  I'm just hoarding at the moment. People around here are unaware of the looming crisis thus far so luckily I've been able to really make hay in this regard. Just got started a few days ago so I'm a little late to the party I guess. Admittedly if this lasts more than a few months I'm fucked.

Was considering making a thread about this but you beat me too it Redneck Smile

Funny thing is, I was preparing for this over 10 years ago, but the apocalypse never came. When I moved, I had to throw out a lot of stuff, including past their expiry date canned foods, and a whole bunch of vacuum sealed military rations that once again were long beyond their expiry dates but in hindsight, were probably all still fine.

Now I've finally moved to a semi-remote location, I'm madly trying to rebuild my survival stash.

Ultimately, long term the best thing to do is to become self sufficient as best as you can. I will never have cattle or animals that I nurture so that I can slaughter them, so I imagine that I'll become a vegetarian unless I can find a local livestock farmer to barter with.

I really would like to have some chickens for the eggs though.

The bioweapon is not the virus, the bioweapon is the fake vaccine - David Icke
03-21-2022, 01:27 AM

I have a couple of gardens on my property and also I am growing a couple of pigeon pea trees for the protein.

I also use a couple of companies for freeze dried food. These can sit in a closet for 25 years if needed.

[Image: 71JRFKSbQkL._SX679_.jpg]

[Image: 71+uMeBDRTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

[Image: 81gB5vY-wtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
03-21-2022, 05:23 AM

I would also advise you guys to consider buying some sacks of beans like pinto and black beans. Buy some spice like garlic and onion to season them with. Dry beans will sit forever until you need them. They are cheap and healthy.
03-21-2022, 06:47 AM
the western world would go to a shit show in one week
03-21-2022, 02:51 PM
03-22-2022, 09:59 AM
our pantry is always pretty well stocked, not really intentional, but at some point it just seems that going to the FoodMarket becomes the weekly adult entertainment and so the pantry stays supplied. We could probably be able to ration for half-a-year or so and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with most people and it will be like when people go through hurricanes or other such things where there is a period of time when people suffer the simple life before things return to the usual joy of ConsumerSLAVERY FlimFlam addiction Tongue
03-22-2022, 09:54 PM
I learned a bit about foraging a few years ago. I should get back into it to refresh my memory.
03-25-2022, 05:05 AM
[Image: 2e013948b5448ba1892cd2ca0737e45366f56fb1.jpeg]
03-25-2022, 09:27 AM
(03-21-2022 02:51 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  

That's good.

this is not fake.

If this was a stageshow stuff like this would not happen
we are seeing interdimensional warfare take place in the material realm

Those who know, know! Big Grin
03-26-2022, 06:33 PM

03-27-2022, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 09:54 AM by GM Roy.)
I'm SO glad I was raised in the upper midwestern states around people who worked hard everyday and, thus, valued everything they had. They knew how to get the most out of every little thing. I know a lot of those tricks, too. I can grow not only the finest weed that you'll ever see, I also can grow anything else that photosynthesizes. What is now called "bush crafting" used to just be called camping out. And we did it all the time as kids. I used to assume that everyone knew how to do these types of things...hunting, fishing, trapping, farming, building...when I was a kid because everyone I was around knew all of it. It wasn't until I got to the big cities that I realized how helpless those people were.

If shit hits the fan, I feel confident that I will fare just fine. And I will love watching the green-haired, pierced, tattooed weirdos and racial-justice groups, etc. ad nauseam, trying to figure out what to do with their riotous and statue-tipping talents. I welcome the cleansing and bleaching of this fine nation and encourage patriotism at all costs.

I grew up with no iPhones. I rode bicycle everywhere I needed to go. I have no problem returning to a simpler lifestyle.
03-27-2022, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2022 10:01 AM by Rako.)
(03-25-2022 05:05 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  [Image: 2e013948b5448ba1892cd2ca0737e45366f56fb1.jpeg]
I like bacon grease and reuse my tea bags.
03-27-2022, 12:32 PM

https://twitter.com/spriter99880/status/...LHU_yYF_Ng

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FOOD RIOTS BEGIN IN SHANGHAI EVILYOSHIDA 83 2,348 05-13-2022 03:24 PM
Last Post: The Diet Butcher
  How are you preparing for the coming "cyber attacks"? Redneck 4 181 04-13-2022 10:53 PM
Last Post: pilgrim
  Klaus Schwab-World Government Summit: Food Shortages & Energy Grid Attacks Soon Here Dagwood 0 129 04-01-2022 12:12 PM
Last Post: Dagwood
  Chipotle: Only Fast Food Chain to publicly denounce GMO targeted with Bio-terrorism EVILYOSHIDA 16 6,427 03-30-2022 12:03 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA