Login | Register

Tito Ortiz boxing Anderson Silva, lol.
09-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Tito Ortiz boxing Anderson Silva, lol.
I just brought up the Triller stream.

Silva vs Ortiz about to go down.

I pick Silva for the easy win.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2021, 11:22 AM
RE: Tito Ortiz boxing Anderson Silva, lol.
Tito coming out to Hulk Hogan's song?

Trump doing commentary, hahaha.
09-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Tito went down like a sack of potatoes with 38 seconds left in round 1.

What a joke.
09-12-2021, 01:20 PM
The only person Tito should be boxing is Dana White.
09-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Just lol at what prize fighting has come down to. Corporate America claims another victim.
09-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Dana would win.

(09-12-2021 01:20 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  The only person Tito should be boxing is Dana White.
09-12-2021, 03:48 PM
(09-12-2021 01:32 PM)CTsar Wrote:  Dana would win.

(09-12-2021 01:20 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  The only person Tito should be boxing is Dana White.

Tito is definitely the worst boxer in mma history but how do we know Dana doesn't lay down and go fetal the first time he gets hit? Remember Squatdog thoroughly debunked Dana's amateur boxing career, Dana's never been inside a ring in his life.

It was really the only freak show fight I wanted to see at all even though it was obvious from the get go that fight was never going to come off. The whole thing was basically a Spike tv infomercial establishing the Blaf tough guy image for Dana. Spike made Dana a star. It was quite the quick transformation too, remember just a year prior Dana was the skinny balding guy with the high pitched voice cowering in the closet in front of Bobby Southworth in season one and the Spike specials introduced him to a new audience as a roided ex boxer willing to take on Tito Ortiz.

Smile

*was funny Southworth never really got a UFC roster shot despite the fact he looked better than Griffin and Bonnar on the show and had the best resume of the LHWs.
09-12-2021, 04:30 PM
(09-12-2021 03:48 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  

Tito is definitely the worst boxer in mma history but how do we know Dana doesn't lay down and go fetal the first time he gets hit? Remember Squatdog thoroughly debunked Dana's amateur boxing career, Dana's never been inside a ring in his life.

It was really the only freak show fight I wanted to see at all even though it was obvious from the get go that fight was never going to come off. The whole thing was basically a Spike tv infomercial establishing the Blaf tough guy image with the audience for Dana. Spike made Dana a star. It was quite the quick transformation too remember, just a year prior Dana was the skinny balding guy with the high pitched voice cowering in the closet in front of Bobby Southworth in season one and the Spike specials introduced him to a new audience as a roided ex boxer willing to take on Tito Ortiz.

Smile

*was funny Southworth never really got a UFC roster shot despite the fact he looked better than Griffin and Bonnar on the show and had the best resume of the LHWs.

I wonder what went down behind the scenes . Lorenzo probably gave Tito a fat paycheck for him to walk away, right? there's no way that they were ever serious about that match up.
09-12-2021, 04:36 PM
A lot of the credit has to go to Dana himself though in creating the new character. Dana underwent a complete transformation in a very short time frame. I have to believe he picked the brain of Vince McMahon quite a bit, and I'm assuming acting lessons and working with sports psychologists would be part of the formula as well in addition to the trt which boosted the physical transformation. It really seems like he followed the Vince McMahon blueprint to me, although it obviously did take major will and some skill on Dana's part.
09-12-2021, 04:44 PM
(09-12-2021 04:30 PM)CTsar Wrote:  
(09-12-2021 03:48 PM)Megatherium Wrote:  

It was really the only freak show fight I wanted to see at all even though it was obvious from the get go that fight was never going to come off. The whole thing was basically a Spike tv infomercial establishing the Blaf tough guy image with the audience for Dana. Spike made Dana a star. It was quite the quick transformation too remember, just a year prior Dana was the skinny balding guy with the high pitched voice cowering in the closet in front of Bobby Southworth in season one and the Spike specials introduced him to a new audience as a roided ex boxer willing to take on Tito Ortiz.

Smile

I wonder what went down behind the scenes . Lorenzo probably gave Tito a fat paycheck for him to walk away, right? there's no way that they were ever serious about that match up.

Oh definitely Tito was taken care of. You could tell you were watching an infomercial to put over Dana with the TUF crowd just watching it when it ran the first time. Looking back now making Dana bigger than the event itself and bigger still than the fighters was a genius stroke and saved them untold billions in fighter payouts.

They were obviously eying the WWF model with Vince McMahon as the role model for Dana. Full credit to Dana for putting in the work and actually pulling it off though. The quick transformation was incredible.
09-13-2021, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 03:11 AM by karasu.)
Anderson didn't look all that impressive either, just looked OLD.....good punch though.

Same as I said in the Holyfield thread, these guys are LEGENDS and I'd rather see them make inspiring youtube videos on Fitness for Seniors and/or sharing of other knowledge than trying to fight like they are still young lions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boxing used to be brutal jho 6 621 02-06-2021 05:36 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Andeson Silva was Koed saturday CTsar 3 796 11-04-2020 11:30 AM
  "Tyson ALMOST as Powerful as Vanderlei Silva RIGHT NOW" karasu 2 595 10-29-2020 04:33 PM
  Would a PRIME Silva have WON this Fight? karasu 1 661 05-28-2020 01:57 AM
Last Post: Billygoat