Login | Register

Poll: Did you or someone you trust ever see a UFO?
Yes
No
Don't know / Maybe
Other answer
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Did you or someone you trust ever see a UFO?
05-30-2021, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2021 03:33 PM by Rako.)
Video Did you or someone you trust ever see a UFO?
The first time someone told me that they saw a UFO and their story sounded credible was 15 years ago at a philosophy club in the town where I went to college. The person was middle aged and told me and one or two other people there the story of how he was driving on a highway in the American Southwest and a UFO was hovering directly over the road. I forget how high off the road it was and what exactly it looked like. I guess it was round and had lights and was maybe 100 to 400 meters above the highway. Since it was over the highway, the traffic stopped going in either direction and there was a line of cars backed up in both directions, with him and the other drivers being leery of driving forward. He saw it close enough that it was clear that it was a UFO. The UFO flew away and the cars slowly started up again.

When he told me the story, it sounded credible enough that I believed him. It didn't feel at all like he was trying to pull one over on me, and he wasn't making a big deal out of his story. Since I didn't know him very well and it was an experience beyond my own, I only gave it around 55 to 70 percent credibility.

Now that I know they are real though, I give it like 90+ percent credibility.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Did you or someone you trust ever see a UFO?

05-30-2021, 03:16 PM
^ it doesn't look like John is bullshitting looking at his body language. I saw a UFO myself above my house in the 90s, dot in the sky moving very strangely and then accelerating and seemingly "entering hyperspace". I still don't believe in aliens though.
05-30-2021, 03:23 PM
(05-30-2021 03:13 PM)CTsar Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing. I have been skeptical about stories of people in NYC seeing UFOs because I figured that if UFOs visited it, millions of people would see them at once. You would have thousands of NYers confirming and reporting the incidents.

But now it looks like UFOs have been there too.

If he gave this story today, people could think it was a drone if it was the right size, but that was in the 1970's, so it probably wasn't a drone.
05-30-2021, 03:31 PM
(05-30-2021 03:16 PM)CTsar Wrote:  ^ it doesn't look like John is bullshitting looking at his body language. I saw a UFO myself above my house in the 90s, dot in the sky moving very strangely and then accelerating and seemingly "entering hyperspace". I still don't believe in aliens though.
Right. He sounds pretty level headed about it.

That sounds like a UFO in your story.

If I was more skeptical about UFOs, I could ask why you don't think it was a comet or meteor or other astronomical event. I heard that supposedly the meteors can look like they are flying away from earth.

It sounds like it was hovering though in your event, which meteors don't do.
05-30-2021, 03:38 PM
Because a comet or meteor moves in one direction , this thing that I saw was doing loops and all sorts of weird maneuvers until like I said, it accelerated quickly and just vanished. Me and my friend had a clear sense that it was leaving the Earth, and not crashing down decomposing like a shooting star. I'll believe in Aliens the day we make first contact. UFOs could easily be psyops.
05-30-2021, 05:36 PM
(05-30-2021 03:38 PM)CTsar Wrote:  Because a comet or meteor moves in one direction , this thing that I saw was doing loops and all sorts of weird maneuvers until like I said, it accelerated quickly and just vanished.
Yeah, if it's doing loops then it's not a comet.

I doubt that the US has the technology to make craft do that and then fly off into space. We are still at the technology level where if we want something to fly into space we have to use rockets.
05-31-2021, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 05:34 AM by karasu.)
one night my brother and I were driving on the highway. We observed something come out of a cloud with a beam of light trailing behind it. It swooped down and then back up and disappeared. The beam of light trailing behind it was definitely SciFi in appearance.

Later that evening the brother called his friend and told about our experience. The friend had been out that evening and coincidentally had observed the same thing. This was country we were driving and country where the friend lived, so no city light pollution.

It's not an uncommon thing for a country-kid to have been bored and go outside staring up at the night-sky. This was before smart-phones and internet. Not much else to do at 9pm on a weeknight.
05-31-2021, 05:35 AM
........the brother and I had driven to the city for boxing practice. It was summer-time if I recall.
05-31-2021, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 08:41 AM by Rako.)
(05-31-2021 05:35 AM)karasu Wrote:  ........the brother and I had driven to the city for boxing practice. It was summer-time if I recall.

Thanks for sharing. How close to the ground and close to you did it get? Was it shining a wide light on the ground?
05-31-2021, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 09:47 AM by karasu.)
(05-31-2021 08:41 AM)Rako Wrote:  
(05-31-2021 05:35 AM)karasu Wrote:  ........the brother and I had driven to the city for boxing practice. It was summer-time if I recall.

Thanks for sharing. How close to the ground and close to you did it get? Was it shining a wide light on the ground?

you're welcome Big Grin it did not come close to the ground, just an object which swooped down and then up. What was most remarkable was the wide trailing beam of light

the light was not shinning on the ground like a spotlight. It was a trailing beam of light behind it as it swooped down and then up
05-31-2021, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2021 10:30 AM by Rako.)
OK.

I thought the Missing in Alaska episode on UFOs did a good job capturing one on camera.

They show their recording at 30:25 in the video. Then they go to the spot where it went down and find a physical marking in the snow like a big circle.

I talked with one of the people in the documentary briefly on Facebook.
06-05-2021, 12:54 PM
I saw a pink dot on the sky with family. It was making weird angles so it wasn't a space ship. Plus it was super fast and just disappeared after a minute. It was there pretty long to notice it.
06-07-2021, 06:29 PM
(06-05-2021 12:54 PM)I ️ ts Wrote:  I saw a pink dot on the sky with family. It was making weird angles so it wasn't a space ship. Plus it was super fast and just disappeared after a minute. It was there pretty long to notice it.

Thanks for sharing. What makes you say that since it was making weird angles that it was not a spaceship?
06-08-2021, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 06:18 PM by sparkuri.)
Roughly 30 years ago friends and I, and at least 1 brother were sleeping out on the lawn, just being teens, watching the stars and kinda sleepin out/camping.
As we were fading out I looked over and saw something moving.
I had to take a double take because you couldn't really see it unless you were looking right at it.
I yelled at everyone to get up and look and we all went out in the street chasing it as I was trying to point it out.
I believe truly only one other friend saw it, possibly two.
My brother, who is certainly different, went all out and started acting like Predator, growling on a stump crouching.
I still don't know what the hell came over him, it was almost like he was scared or joining the demon army.

Whatever it was was shaped like an egg, was very dark, but appeared to have orange veins on it, almost like a faint paper ash as it's burning, but darker. Another description might be something that's totally dark, except maybe it's covered in aluminum foil and something orange like a faint sunset reflecting off of it. It was absolutely and completely silent, went on a perfectly straight path; no deviation in altitude or bearing, like it was on a stringline, like those craft in Tron legacy. If I had to guess I'd say it was only between 1-2000 feet high, maybe 1500 feet. Not a peep. Speed was probably like 25-30mph/40-50 kmh.

Back then and over the years I tried to reconcile what it was, perhaps a mylar balloon someone had let go and maybe a reflection.
But there was no orange sky that I can recall, and it was bigger and had form, like a big egg, maybe 15 feet long or so.
And it didn't move faster or slower or change its movement in the slightest.

Of course we were kids so after we were done chasing it as far as we could go, we ran in and tried to get the parents out of bed to jump in the minivan and chase it, but that wasn't happening at midnight, they were just kinda pissed.
My brother started jumping around the house perimeter howling like a werewolf.
He's weird but that was even weird for him.

This happened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Very realistic detailed UFO footage EVILYOSHIDA 12 237 10-09-2021 05:34 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Interdimensional shape shifting UFO EVILYOSHIDA 19 299 10-01-2021 06:52 AM
  Shapeshifting light form or UFO footage from Plane? Redneck 15 552 09-11-2021 03:21 AM
  UFO abduction in medieval times? EVILYOSHIDA 16 563 08-18-2021 05:08 PM