04-07-2021, 12:31 AM
Alt right conspiracy theorist MIKE CERNOVICH was an OGer. admits in interview
go to 3:45
apparently this jack murphy guy was an OGer too

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: Alt right conspiracy theorist MIKE CERNOVICH was an OGer. admits in interview
he says all the cool people were on the OG
I always told people that it was pretty obvious all types of influential people or soon to be were posting there
nowadays prob not as much
but back in its prime and before REddit..

OG was probably one of the premier destinations for internet discussion!
04-07-2021, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2021 02:48 AM by karasu.)
RE: Alt right conspiracy theorist MIKE CERNOVICH was an OGer. admits in interview
well that certainly helps to explain and CONFIRM the HATER CORPS theory Big Grin
04-07-2021, 02:49 AM
the OG for sure was one of the top discussion platforms before shit like reddit and social media came along

MMA had a diverse group of more independent thinkers, so they all flocked to places like OG or Sherdog

traditional forums have taken a beating as of late, but it's still a good place to discuss
04-07-2021, 05:14 AM
I follow Cernovich daily and take some of his products.

He is Sempai Cernovich to a lot of us slightly younger guys. Very easy for lots of Alt Right guys to identify with. The media tried their best to smear him as a white nationalist yet he is married inter racially.

Hes made comments in the past about enjoying BJJ but he wasnt down with the cult aspect of it. How guys would brag about how many injuries they had like it was a a badge of honor and other turn offs in the community. Didn't know he posted on the OG.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
04-07-2021, 05:54 AM
I probably interacted with him a lot back in the day.
I was one of the most prominent posters there for many years.

every day there would be a "ASK EY" thread
04-07-2021, 06:09 AM
Yeah, you are truly a OG. I was 13 or 14 when I first hit the internets/submissionfighting.com and remember your post count being something ridiculous BACK THEN.

Whats it at now?

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
04-07-2021, 07:17 AM
i think it's at something like 95,000 or something posts.

i've already known for a long time that forums like the OG or here could be good training for broadening your knowledge and sharpening your argumentation skills.

some people use forums as a type of locker room, but you can get people's real opinions on an anonymous board much moreso than in real life.
04-07-2021, 08:05 AM
^I agree that internet forums are an excellent format for exchanging ideas and more conducive to inspiring consideration and contemplation of the "written word" whereas in live verbal communication people simply talk over each-other in a type of competition while they close their ears just waiting to tell their opinion instead of hearing and considering diverse perspectives

perhaps I am wrong, but what I have stated is an observation that came with age and why in the physical dimension I try to abstain and avoid political or religious talk as each person's unique life experience will determine their perspective which has already influenced whether they agree with another's perspective or not.

and I have also observed how people are quick to talk of politics or religion without considering the other party may not share their ideology
04-07-2021, 08:07 AM
.....I also enjoy a bit of "locker room" banter too Big Grin
04-07-2021, 09:34 AM
(04-07-2021 08:05 AM)karasu Wrote:  ^I agree that internet forums are an excellent format for exchanging ideas and more conducive to inspiring consideration and contemplation of the "written word" whereas in live verbal communication people simply talk over each-other in a type of competition while they close their ears just waiting to tell their opinion instead of hearing and considering diverse perspectives

perhaps I am wrong, but what I have stated is an observation that came with age and why in the physical dimension I try to abstain and avoid political or religious talk as each person's unique life experience will determine their perspective which has already influenced whether they agree with another's perspective or not.

and I have also observed how people are quick to talk of politics or religion without considering the other party may not share their ideology

yes and IRL people just don't really tell people their true thoughts.
so it's important to have open but civilized forums for discussion.
that's why I like diff. points of view... not just for the sake of it, but it keeps you sharp when there are people calling you out if you might be wrong on something.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
04-07-2021, 09:51 AM
so who could he have been? Fugazi, EvilMaster? there was only a handful of conspiracy theorists in the OG . If Cernovich was there the whole time I doubt he'd have refrained from posting conspiracy.
04-07-2021, 09:56 AM
i haven't followed cernovich's stuff seems like he's more on the white nationalist conspiracy tip?
Yeah I know you're good at sniffing these type of things out
and I agree there weren't that many CTers back then.
And the way he was talking it was as if he was a daily user of the forum
04-07-2021, 09:57 AM
how about this jack murphy guy any guesses?
04-07-2021, 10:11 AM
I've only posted on there sporadically since 2012. Someone who's been actively posting or lurking over the years might be able to figure it out. But it's interesting how many prominent CTers got started in the internet MMA community. Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan were OGers too at one point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  biden admin admits russian bounty claim was bullshit EVILYOSHIDA 4 86 04-18-2021 01:19 PM
Last Post: Albino el Mamba
  CNN admits they wanted to oust trump, next "CLIMATE CHANGE" EVILYOSHIDA 1 141 04-14-2021 12:06 PM
Last Post: Rako
  Gentle Conspiracy Theorist G Edward Griffin Discusses Trump EVILYOSHIDA 8 3,215 04-08-2021 04:58 PM
Last Post: jho
  62% of notable alt right influencers are into asian women or have yellow fever EVILYOSHIDA 184 47,704 04-07-2021 03:33 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA