Login | Register

Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee letter of apology after hearing Lee was going to kick his
04-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee letter of apology after hearing Lee was going to kick his
Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee letter of apology after hearing Lee was going to kick his ass

Lee began teaching Chuck, but Norris’ began telling everyone that Lee wasn’t his teacher, and that they were merely training and exchanging ideas together. When Bruce found out about it he phoned Norris at his karate studio and made him tell all of his students Lee was his teacher... or else. Terrified Norris did as Lee told him, and fearing a visit from him (after kicking his ass in sparring - time and again), he sent Lee a grovelling apology.

“Dear Bruce, Just a note to wish you great success on the movie and to clarify any misinterpretations you have heard about our training together. I have told hundreds of people I have trained with you. My ego is not such that I am ashamed of it. It was a privilege learning from you. One thing I never do is mention you in the same breath with Kung Fu. I mention you as a master of the Martial Arts because of your proficiency in all of them, so I always say you are a master of your own Art. Anyway that is enough of that. Bruce, I hope 1973 is a great year for you and give my regards to Linda and the kids. Take care, Chuck“

Link to hand written letter unearthed from Lee’s private estate by author John Little:

https://m.facebook.com/jkdmunich/photos/..._tn__=EH-R

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Interesting.

I remember Chuck saying that before they trained together Bruce really didn't believe in kicking above the belt. That after training together Bruce changed his philosphy on upper body kicking and it became one of his best tools.

Perhaps Bruce really was more of an instructor role.

Norris is generally very candid about all his training. Great stories about training with the gracies in Rio in the early 90s

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
04-02-2021, 08:45 PM
RE: Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee letter of apology after hearing Lee was going to kick his
he seemed scared in the letter.
it does seem that Bruce was kicking his ass in sparring
which is amazing because Chuck was a top karateka at the time.
Bruce would have been amazing in MMA.
04-03-2021, 02:52 AM
RE: Chuck Norris sent Bruce Lee letter of apology after hearing Lee was going to kick his
Bruce Lee had the COOL FACTOR which others of that time just simply couldn't compare. Jackie Chan was very smart and came up with a WINNING FORMULA to add a bit of Chaplin instead of just playing the "Tough Guy" similar to Stallone/Arnold where Stallone was the Stoic and Arnold the Good Times Guy of 80s Action Genre.....

The Karate Joe Lewis Crew just didn't have that Cool Factor....to SQUARE Stoic. Bruce/Stallone could better pull-off that Clint Eastwood type stoic....Stallone even more stoic than Bruce where Bruce did joke a bit in his characters.....but Stallone/Bruce Characters showed a lot of that Eastwood powerful-emotion in physical expression in their acting.
04-03-2021, 03:02 AM
Chuck definitely seemed shook in that letter. He definitely wanted to clear the air before he was in a room with Bruce again. Tongue
04-07-2021, 12:15 PM
Bruce Lee was an actor.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

--I Eat Grits--
04-07-2021, 02:33 PM
So is black dynamite but you dont want to a side kick to the jowels from him

Watch Bruce lee play ping pong w fkn nunCHUCKS

Its hilarious when they make new bruce lee movies the guys are obviously built nowhere near Bruce.

04-07-2021, 02:36 PM

04-07-2021, 04:57 PM
i made a thread about bruce lee's bodily motion being unparalleled

perfect movement, posture everything. just wow.
has never been matched ever.
perfect snap, recoil, facial expression, motional integrity

it's really amazing how one of the most talented people became a movie star. the very definition of meritocracy at work
04-07-2021, 06:20 PM
(04-07-2021 02:36 PM)Albino el Mamba Wrote:  

this is a nokia cell phone commercial , not bruce lee, and not really even playing ping pong

aka Poiupoiu
04-07-2021, 08:34 PM
(04-07-2021 04:57 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  i made a thread about bruce lee's bodily motion being unparalleled

perfect movement, posture everything. just wow.
has never been matched ever.
perfect snap, recoil, facial expression, motional integrity

it's really amazing how one of the most talented people became a movie star. the very definition of meritocracy at work
His body alignment was perfect. When your alignment is correct you can see it in your stride. Like a well balanced engine humming along. The proper range of motion in every muscle and tendon is essential to move so gracefully.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ALDOUS HUXLEY'S 1949 LETTER TO GEORGE ORWELL EVILYOSHIDA 0 125 04-21-2021 06:59 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Chuck Berry wants to sell you a Cadillac jho 8 96 04-05-2021 01:52 AM
  ho-lee shyte at this spring break video EVILYOSHIDA 21 500 04-02-2021 03:53 AM
  28 Dems Sign Letter Demanding Biological Males be Allowed to Play Women’s Sports pilgrim 13 929 02-27-2021 08:03 AM