Login | Register

China govt media video segment on US genocide of Native Americans
03-11-2021, 08:39 PM
China govt media video segment on US genocide of Native Americans
China is going on the media offensive now.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2021, 08:40 PM
RE: China govt media video segment on US genocide of Native Americans
i actually think they died of 'western disease' is largely myth and they were most likely mowed down with bullets and thrown in ditches.

very sad part of history that people do not want to talk about.
03-12-2021, 05:14 AM
I'm kinda of thinking genocide/disease combo but I don't doubt there definitely was a lot of killing going on.....history is full of it.
01-30-2022, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2022 03:41 AM by pilgrim.)
Most Indians were warlike and wouldn't cohabit with others. Their culture was a warring lifestyle against other tribes. They had some horrible tortures they did against enemies (those not of their tribe). They pretty much had to be conquered and displaced if the land was going to be settled.

PS: They aren't native either. They came over some 15,000 years ago also from somewhere else.

Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. -Romans 1:22

“One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name” - Walter Scott
01-30-2022, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2022 01:32 PM by karasu.)
^I've read a good deal on this subject and that sounds like a bit of "parroting" without any substantial reading and research on the matter

I've even shared my reading material here which one can read for themselves and verifies my findings
01-30-2022, 02:18 PM
(01-30-2022 03:40 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  Most Indians were warlike and wouldn't cohabit with others. Their culture was a warring lifestyle against other tribes. They had some horrible tortures they did against enemies (those not of their tribe). They pretty much had to be conquered and displaced if the land was going to be settled.

PS: They aren't native either. They came over some 15,000 years ago also from somewhere else.

i don't agree with this.

USA is the most warring country in world history..

been in war for nearly the entirety of its existence, with a much higher body count than tribal warfare.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
01-31-2022, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 02:56 AM by pilgrim.)
(01-30-2022 01:29 PM)karasu Wrote:  ^I've read a good deal on this subject and that sounds like a bit of "parroting" without any substantial reading and research on the matter

I've even shared my reading material here which one can read for themselves and verifies my findings

Louis L'amour wrote much about the old West. He met and interviewed many of the old-timers that were alive back then. He is considered a historian of the West. He was even awarded the Congressional Gold Medal for his work.

He spoke much about the way the indians actually were. He pointed out how the indians were war-like and that was just their life-style. Not the watered down Disney version of indians that gets sold today. You wouldn't be able to settle the land with them killing settlers.

NOTE: August 26, 1982, On this date, President Ronald Reagan signed legislation awarding fiction author Louis L’Amour the Congressional Gold Medal, an honor approved by the 97th Congress (1981–1983) on August 2, 1982.

“One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name” - Walter Scott
01-31-2022, 02:32 AM
(01-30-2022 02:18 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(01-30-2022 03:40 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  Most Indians were warlike and wouldn't cohabit with others. Their culture was a warring lifestyle against other tribes. They had some horrible tortures they did against enemies (those not of their tribe). They pretty much had to be conquered and displaced if the land was going to be settled.

i don't agree with this.

USA is the most warring country in world history..

been in war for nearly the entirety of its existence, with a much higher body count than tribal warfare.

You do realize that both of us can be right and probably are. War was a way of life for indians. Counting coup was a lifestyle. You didn't become a full warrior until you counted coup.

So yes many indians were warriors that practiced that lifestyle. Also yes the USA has spent to much time in other countries practicing war. Afghanistan should be a lesson to all of us to stop wasting resources meddling in other countries.

01-31-2022, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 05:30 AM by karasu.)
^^LOL you mean Dime Novel FICTION writer Louis L'amour?

well, this guy in this book actually LIVED it. If I remember the reading correctly his father was a retired military man. Moved the family to California. Found a place to settle, built a house. Each morning they would find wild game grocery gifts on their porch. They would go outside and could see the Indian neighbors hiding in the distance and curiously watching them as he just kind of went about his daily business

eventually shyness and caution were calmed and the new neighbors met. The man thanked the Indians for the food and asked why and the Indians told that it was because they do not hunt with guns because it scares away the animals and they knew that the new neighbors would hunt with guns so in order to keep the food supply maintained they just shared their food with the neighbors(which was a very Indian thing to do)

The boy's mother died and the father, not really finding himself capable of giving young boy the love/care which is needed took the Indians up on their offer to raise the boy(again which is a very Indian thing to do)

[Image: 1015330._UY475_SS475_.jpg]
01-31-2022, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 08:11 AM by pilgrim.)
L'amour wrote about many good deeds the indians did also. They were a very notional people and you never knew how you were received. For instance, if you went into an indian camp a lot of times they would treat you well until you left. Then you became the enemy again.

Consider reading some Louis L'amour like his book Jubal Sackett. The main character's best friend was an indian. You learn a lot of our history from L'amour's books. He presented indians well and respectfully but he did recognize that their life style of warring made it hard to cohabit the land with them. He didn't get the Congressional Medal of Honor for nothing. He had a lot to say and teach.

01-31-2022, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2022 08:58 AM by karasu.)
^I actually own and read his biography, picked it up during one of my regular trips to the GoodWill store for some CHEAP READS and it's really a great BIO!

[Image: 521843.jpg]
01-31-2022, 09:57 PM
He was an interesting guy. He was even a boxer for a while in his life as you probably know from his book.

If you ever come across Jubal Sackett, it's a great read. Lots of postive interaction with indians in that book.

He even has the main character run into a wooley mammoth. They were still around and spotted by indians back at some point in the past.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Severe Drought in China. Very bad. China lost mandate of Heaven EVILYOSHIDA 16 398 09-07-2022 07:20 AM
Last Post: Megatherium
  Yellen directs IRS not to use audit Americans making less than 400K EVILYOSHIDA 0 138 08-11-2022 06:10 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Congress bans study of Gun Violence yet again. Young Turds vid segment EVILYOSHIDA 7 3,531 08-04-2022 03:12 PM
  Watch This Video and Tell me America is More Free Than China... DonJohnson 59 5,455 08-04-2022 01:00 PM