Login | Register

Best Physical Defense Methods in Order.... NO GUN?
01-25-2021, 07:37 AM
1. Running

2. Tumbling

3. Fencing

4. Boxing

5. Jiujitsu

6. Wrestling

7. Muay Thai

if I were able to teach my younger-self an ordered system of learning how to defend himself, that is the order I would advocate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2021, 07:46 AM
RE: Best Physical Defense Methods in Order.... NO GUN?
Judo

Judo throws on concrete are no joke

plus the fact that people wear clothing simulates the Gi
01-25-2021, 07:57 AM
(01-25-2021 07:46 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  Judo

Judo throws on concrete are no joke

plus the fact that people wear clothing simulates the Gi

I do agree but Judo takes a considerable effort to learn and then more effort to make effective by adapting to "no-gi" convention and so it takes considerable investment of time/devotion.

I wished to make a list which would be most simple to learn/apply without consuming too much time which could be spent learning other necessary life skills.

I would not advocate excessive study, just what is sufficient to become well rounded enough to defend/escape from menacing aggression. A couple of years study in each method would be sufficient and then practice for maintenance and exercise
01-25-2021, 09:56 AM
Too many variables for me to come up with any ordered list. Running is a worthwhile skill but often not practical. You gonna run when you're with your wife and kids? Or grandma? Beyond running I'd say kali for knife and stick skills, BJJ to avoid being taken down and knowing what to do if you end up on the ground, and boxing for stand up fighting. I've studied and taught fencing (sport and historical, East and West) for over a decade but I wouldn't recommend it as a skill to learn for self-defense. Few people walk around with swords for the techniques to be very useful. How many people carry baseball bats around with them as a substitute? If you do insist on arming yourself with a bat then German longsword techniques will serve you well.
01-25-2021, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2021 11:23 AM by DonJohnson.)
1. Just Be Large.

that is the #1 asset to self defense. This is also why women want big men. It's physical intimidation and presence. Women would be harassed less and approached less with a large man present. this is also why actual fighting prowess is actually cope.

a woman doesn't want to see you actually beat other men up. A woman wants you to intimidate other men so fight doesn't happen in the first place. Perception is everything.
01-25-2021, 11:24 AM
No Guns??

Instant Legolas then.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2021, 11:53 AM
(01-25-2021 11:18 AM)DonJohnson Wrote:  1. Just Be Large.

that is the #1 asset to self defense. This is also why women want big men. It's physical intimidation and presence. Women would be harassed less and approached less with a large man present. this is also why actual fighting prowess is actually cope.

a woman doesn't want to see you actually beat other men up. A woman wants you to intimidate other men so fight doesn't happen in the first place. Perception is everything.

yes but it looks exceptionally WEAK when a "Just Be Large" Lad gets CUCKED whenever another more ALPHA knuckledragger comes along.....meanwhile the smart-sized fellows learns how to use other qualities to survive
01-25-2021, 12:04 PM
(01-25-2021 11:53 AM)karasu Wrote:  

yes but it looks exceptionally WEAK when a "Just Be Large" Lad gets CUCKED whenever another more ALPHA knuckledragger comes along.....meanwhile the smart-sized fellows learns how to use other qualities to survive

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15155525]
01-25-2021, 12:10 PM
(01-25-2021 09:56 AM)Count Iblis Wrote:  Too many variables for me to come up with any ordered list. Running is a worthwhile skill but often not practical. You gonna run when you're with your wife and kids? Or grandma? Beyond running I'd say kali for knife and stick skills, BJJ to avoid being taken down and knowing what to do if you end up on the ground, and boxing for stand up fighting. I've studied and taught fencing (sport and historical, East and West) for over a decade but I wouldn't recommend it as a skill to learn for self-defense. Few people walk around with swords for the techniques to be very useful. How many people carry baseball bats around with them as a substitute? If you do insist on arming yourself with a bat then German longsword techniques will serve you well.

if my history is correct, boxing is based on "the sword" and if ever some hooligan with a blade lunges at a gentleman then that fancy fencing footwork would be quite handy to have in one's self-defense kit repertoire.

so why not just train boxing? because a bit of training with the blade itself could garner the extra-familiarity necessary to manage such threats

as for Fencing vs the arts of Kali/Escrima, perhaps similar to what I said above about Judo and so I'm following Bruce Lee's footsteps in this matter where simplicity in chaos is probably the most effective means of defense and offense.

and I've no doubt so much of that Fancy Philippine FlimFlammery is really unnecessary and a competent fencer with a good simple lunge and footwork would prove scientifically superior as Bruce Lee smartly observed in his choice to focus on Western Fencing.
01-25-2021, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2021 12:56 PM by karasu.)
(01-25-2021 12:04 PM)DonJohnson Wrote:  

It also looks exceptionally WEAK when it is obvious one worships his WOMAN because everyone can see he thinks her superior to himself and will crumble if/when she ever grows bored of him or trades up for a more ALPHA opportunity.

keep COPING DONG, I hope she never Trades Up, don't know how you would survive such a devastating blow to your ego LOL Tongue
01-25-2021, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2021 01:00 PM by karasu.)
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5175846]
01-25-2021, 05:52 PM
Vale Tudo
01-26-2021, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2021 07:18 AM by General Franco.)

While I don't agree with DonJohnson putting approval from women above all else.... but here he is correct. To think otherwise is outside reality. That's why you have weight classes in combat sports....even leverage based arts like Judo and BJJ. Why men don't fight women or children in competition? In these discussions people also start from the stupid assumption that a large strong man will be untrained in martial arts.If the difference in strength is huge in most cases strength wins out. That's why a GORILLA would destroy a heavyweight MMA champion. Martial arts are arts(stylized complex moves and rules) the opposite of reality self defense. . So in Judo you learn how to throw.....in boxing howto punch. So you are highly skilled in that technique but useless if something else is thrown at you.....as it will be. Street criminal techniques and tactics are not used in combat sports competition. Most training is soft, MCDOJO!! Criminals have the advantage of the killer instinct....violent insane criminals or drugged up criminals, even more.MEntally disturbed people, moreso!! The average person will freeze up in that danger.....unless they have a lot of experience....like an experienced combat veteran. I have intermediate level training in Boxing, Muy Thai, Kali and Krav Maga. Due to my powerlifting I could literally throw people, of my weight or lighter, in the air, when on the ground defensive position. Heavy deadlifts also make your stomach very strong and resistant to punches. They even reduce wrinkles....as they stress your facial muscles. So unless you participate in an activity requiring long distance cardio.....prioritize strength and bulk. Bullies and criminals generally don't pick on "STRONG AGRESSIVE PEOPLE". As far as Bruce Lee, at 130 lbs. he would not have been noticed if he was not famous, I believe. You should POWERLIFT combined with REALITY SELF DEFENSE, that includes WEAPONS and Situational Awareness, and some cardio. By the way Kali does include some fencing type moves and counters that were incorporated during the Spanish colonial period in the Phillipines. Lastly even a powerlifter with a thick middle from deadlifting, is more attractive than a twig like marathoner. I know from experience.
01-26-2021, 07:54 AM
(01-25-2021 12:55 PM)karasu Wrote:  

It also looks exceptionally WEAK when it is obvious one worships his WOMAN because everyone can see he thinks her superior to himself and will crumble if/when she ever grows bored of him or trades up for a more ALPHA opportunity.

keep COPING DONG, I hope she never Trades Up, don't know how you would survive such a devastating blow to your ego LOL Tongue

look at this mentally deranged incel projecting his bitterness.

being a genetic reject is essentially being sentenced to solitary confinement your entire life.

it is a punishment worse than death. i don't wish it upon my worst enemies. SAD!
01-27-2021, 01:08 AM
Who TF is getting into fights all the time that they have to worry about this shit?

--I Eat Grits--

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Beyond Bizarre New World Order Commercial with Celebs (J-LO, Gaga, Deniro) EVILYOSHIDA 3 128 04-03-2021 02:28 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Dr. Fauci, completely educated in the JESUIT ORDER EVILYOSHIDA 41 3,364 03-22-2021 01:55 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Youtube reinstates conservative channel after court order in historic defeat CTsar 2 185 03-20-2021 05:30 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  AMERICA IN PROPHECY, BABYLON AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER Lebansky 20 10,801 03-11-2021 09:19 AM
Last Post: jho