Login | Register

Gamers | Tips & Tricks | Review | Recommendations Thread
01-20-2021, 08:38 PM
Gamers | Tips & Tricks | Review | Recommendations Thread
So as it seems we also have a few gamers here on the forum.

I like to play from time to time and have been gaming since owning Commodore 64 and later the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) which i still own and let my kids play with it.

After that came the PS1, 2, 3 and now 4 and probably at some point a PS5. I find it relaxing to play games once in a while when i have the time.

Currently i'm playin a lot of Ghost Recon when i can. Got tipped by a buddy of mine about the game and till now it did not dissapoint.

I love the longrange sniping and conquering bases. The coop seems also very cool but still have to come to that

My Top 5 alltime games are:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Metal Gear Solid Ps1
Detroit Become Human
The Last of Us
Fallout 3

Probably a bunch more but can't remember them all

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives . . . by maniacs for maniacal purposes"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2021, 08:48 PM
RE: Gamers | Tips & Tricks | Review | Recommendations Thread
Such cool game!

Metal Gear Solid: Cyborg Ninja (Grey Fox) Boss Fight

01-21-2021, 05:23 AM
the hardest game of the 21st century. Chris almighty From have lost their freaking minds in this one.

01-21-2021, 06:58 AM
Sekiro looks cool
01-21-2021, 06:58 AM
(01-20-2021 08:48 PM)Glimmer Wrote:  Such cool game!

wow great graphics

Those who know, know! Big Grin
01-21-2021, 10:57 AM
(01-21-2021 06:58 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  Sekiro looks cool

Sekiro won game of the year last year, which is cool because From is somewhat a niche developer.
01-21-2021, 12:39 PM
I don't know, I am still playing SC: Broodwar on a $2,000 PC.
01-21-2021, 08:32 PM
(01-21-2021 06:58 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 08:48 PM)Glimmer Wrote:  Such cool game!

wow great graphics

Are you telling me you've never heard of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1?

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives . . . by maniacs for maniacal purposes"
01-22-2021, 03:32 AM
MGS was the game that started it all.

Really innovative and cutting edge at the time. Immersive, great story, doing cut scenes and film director type shots before any one else.

And so many small things, your footprints in the snow, being able to knock on a container to distract a guard... Praying Mantis and the 2nd controller port!
01-22-2021, 03:23 PM
OG votes for best console of all time:

Answer Results
Atari 0.8%
NES 3.6%
SNES 5.7%
Sega Genesis 1.9%
N64 70.6%
PS1 1.7%
Xbox 0.4%
PS2 5.2%
Wii 0.2%
PS3 1.2%
Xbox 360 2.0%
PS4 2.4%
Xbox One 1.2%
Sega Dreamcast 2.4%
Nintendo Switch 0.7%
Total Votes: 1033
01-22-2021, 10:02 PM
(01-22-2021 03:32 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  MGS was the game that started it all.

Really innovative and cutting edge at the time. Immersive, great story, doing cut scenes and film director type shots before any one else.

And so many small things, your footprints in the snow, being able to knock on a container to distract a guard... Praying Mantis and the 2nd controller port!

MGS raised the bar indeed. The Psychomantis gimmick with the second joystick port as your other half the brain was genius. Also i remember Snake needed some intel or a frequency which you could only find on the case of the game. They gave you hints but didnt tell you directly.

The Phantom Pain is also a great MGS game but also open world and i find a more linear gameplay like in the first one much better.

In MGS 3 you had to battle an old sniper in the jungel, if you waited long enough in the game he would be already dead from old age when you got to him.

Genius haha

When he's not dead

01-22-2021, 10:06 PM
(01-21-2021 10:57 AM)CTsar Wrote:  
(01-21-2021 06:58 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  Sekiro looks cool

Sekiro won game of the year last year, which is cool because From is somewhat a niche developer.

A buddy of mine plays Sekiro. He says its one of the hardest games he ever played

The swordfight ninja stuff is not my cup of tea. I did remember playing Tenchu A LOT

Ninja sniping, sneaking around villages etc. How hard is it to create something decent like this?

01-23-2021, 03:02 AM
I didn’t play tenchu but I’ve heard people say Sekiro’s combat system is very similar. It’s all based on deflect timing. The stealth aspect feels tacked on . Like the devs wanted a really hard game were only skill matters, so all the tools your given along the way are nearly useless. It’s still worth it for the level design, challenge and graphics.
02-03-2021, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2021 09:49 PM by Glimmer.)
The original GTA

They don't make m like that anymore LOL

[Image: manhunt-1.jpg]

Manhunt PS1 (Captured on PS4)

Quote:Manhunt is a stealth-based urban horror styled game played from a third-person perspective. The game consists of twenty levels, called "scenes", as well as four unlockable bonus scenes.[2] Players survive the scenes by dispatching enemy gang members, occasionally with firearms, but primarily by stealthily executing them.[4] At the end of each scene, players are graded based on their performance, and awarded one to five stars. Unlockable content becomes available only when the player achieves three or more stars on a certain number of levels. On normal difficulty (called "Fetish"), players can earn only four stars; one is awarded for completing the scene under a certain amount of time, and one to three stars are awarded based on the brutality of the executions carried out during the scene. On hard difficulty (called "Hardcore"), players are graded out of five stars; one for speed, one to three for brutality and one for simply completing the scene. To gain the maximum number of stars, a set number of brutal executions must be carried out over the course of each scene; face-to-face fighting does not award stars.[4]

In order to carry out executions, players must approach a hunter from behind, undetected. To facilitate this, each scene is full of "dark spots" (shadows where the player can hide). Enemies cannot see into the shadows (unless they see the player actually entering the area). A standard technique in the game is to hide in the shadows and tap a wall to attract the attention of a nearby hunter. When the hunter has examined the area and is moving away, players can emerge from the shadows behind them, and execute them.[5] The game has three levels of execution, with each level progressively more violent and graphic than the last: "hasty" executions are quick and not very bloody, "violent" are considerably more gory, and "gruesome" are over-the-top blood-soaked murders. Players are entirely in control of which level they use; once players have locked onto an enemy, the lock-on reticule changes color over time to indicate the three levels: white, yellow and red.[6][7]

Over the course of the game, players can use a wide variety of weapons, including plastic bags, baseball bats, crowbars and a variety of bladed items. Later in the game, firearms become available (which cannot be used for executions). Should players take damage, their health depletes; health can be restored through the use of painkillers, which are available throughout each scene.[5] Players also have a stamina meter which depletes as they sprint, but automatically replenishes when remaining stationary.[4] Manhunt also makes use of the PlayStation 2's optional USB Microphone and the Xbox Live microphone feature on the Xbox in their respective versions of the game. When such a device is connected, players can use the sound of their own voice to distract in-game enemies. This adds an extra element to the stealth aspect of the game, as players must refrain from making noises such as coughing as these sounds too can attract the attention of any nearby hunters

02-03-2021, 10:01 PM
wow trippy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Photo "Tale of the Dragon" Campaign Introduces Gamers to Ancient Chinese Mythology Rako 1 213 11-27-2020 09:27 AM
Last Post: Rako
  Cinema | Series | Documentary | tips & discussion thread Glimmer 91 20,180 11-16-2020 08:43 PM
Last Post: Glimmer
  Democratic primary thread now that Yang thread gone. pilgrim 230 14,864 10-26-2020 08:11 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  common sense Dog Grooming Tips. Save on Vet bills EVILYOSHIDA 39 14,299 01-21-2018 07:17 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA