Login | Register

Female Japanese high school student witnesses American degeneracy at her study abroad
10-18-2020, 04:15 PM
Female Japanese high school student witnesses American degeneracy at her study abroad
[Image: c908f91171c39808872804dcbb155780bb7c274e...bd3fee.png]

Everyday is violence, Female Japanese high school student witnesses horrors at her study abroad in American High school

Nearly 50,000 high school students study abroad in Japan each year. While the number of young students wishing to study abroad is increasing, there are also problems that have been overlooked. The experience of Rin Kurahashi (a third-year high school student) who left for an exchange program in the U.S. last summer using a study abroad group left her desulioned and destroyed her dreams of studying in America.

Rin, who lives in Tokyo and attends a private junior high and high school, has been studying English with the aim of studying in the United States. She spent her childhood in America, but doesn't remember much because she was too young. When she became a high school student, she wanted to fully experience the United States , which was the reason she wanted to study abroad.

"For me, America was a glittering country of longing. I also had a strong desire to improve my English skills. Unfortunately, when I went to study abroad, all my hopes collapsed."

What on earth happened to her?

-Violence and Smoking Marijuana was the norm-

Rin was sent as an exchange student in a town in the United States. The family who lived in the U.S. military base became a host family and accepted it.

The host mother was a quiet person of a white family. The house was home to a five-year-old, three-year-old black adopted child and a two-year-old biological child. The host father was a soldier working overseas, the host mother was taking care of everything on her own. The three boys seemed cute for Rin-san and she decided with hope, "All right, I'm going to get along with this host family here and make friends at school…"

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2020, 04:16 PM
RE: Female Japanese high school student witnesses American degeneracy at her study abroad
The school was a public school within commuting distance from the host family's house. On the first day of school, she was nervous, but the scene she saw made her doubt her eyes.

"I saw some students going to school in their pajamas. Everyone's clothes were very sloppy."

After going there for a few days, the strangeness came to light one after another. People were constantly chatting in class, and everything at the school was out of of order. That's not all.

"There was a person doing marijuana in math class. At first I didn't realize what the smell was, but gradually started to realize what it was,. the toilet smelled like marijuana, and drugs were being used all over the school."

Violence was rampant in schools. What surprised me was that there was a dedicated social media page that reported the fights and brawls happening at the school. I don't know who made it, but once every three days there's a video of students fighting each other. It wasn't an environment where I could do my studies seriously."

Marijuana and violence are part of the culture. I told myself so, but what is the meaning of accepting the rough condition of the school as a culture and making an effort to become familiar with it? I couldn't wipe away my doubts.

She desperately wanted to go back to Japan however she was told by study abroad group that sent her

"If you break the rules and go back to your home country, you will not be able to apply to a university if you have studied abroad." "I had my parents give me a lot of money, but when I thought that it would all be wasted, I strongly thought that I had to endure it at all costs."

Rin told myself "It was good to experience living in the part of the United States where there are a lot of poor households", but despite her positivity her situation would only get worse

"A homemade cake was handed to me by my friend on Halloween. There was a mixture of marijuana inside. It smells too, so you can notice right away. When I ate it, it made me feel a little fluffy, and I thought their was something strange." She felt that her body was in danger.

When I got home, I was treated like a house maid.

THe situation at her host family was getting worse day by day. From the study abroad group's explanation, she thought that the host family would prepare a solid meal, but only frozen food was actually served. Sometimes she felt as she was about to collapse from malnutrition, but the rest of the family ate the same food so she coulnd't complain. Besdies the food Rin-San was forced to do all the choirs in the house.

"I'm being made to do more house chores…" I thought. At first, I was just taking care of the children, but now I'm asked to do laundry, and then i had to take the two children to the park every day. The way I was treated was like a house maid."

I was attending a school where drugs and violence are rampant, and lived like a house maid. I could no longer bare it and consulted the host family, but no action was taken. Instead, the relationship with the host mother became more rough.

Rin contacted two Japanese students she knew who were also studying abroad. Then, it turned out that they too were suffering.

"They paid extra for the options to go to a private school, so they didn't seem to have any complaints about the school, but they were in trouble with their host families. One of them had his cell phone taken away and he couldn't contact his family, so he consulted a school teacher and the police had to intervene to change the host.
RE: Female Japanese high school student witnesses American degeneracy at her study abroad
The other student said her host family house was like a garbage dump and the food was not satisfactory. I actually saw a picture of her room, it was certainly terrible, and dry dog food was served as a meal. She was told to eat it because the host family dind't want to cook food. She asked a friend at school for help, looked for a host family on his own, and finally changed hosts."

Rin decides to return to Japan

"If I keep staying here, I'll lose my mind," Rin said in December, she decided to go back home two months earlier than she had originally planned.

"I can't take an entrance exam that takes advantage of my experience studying abroad because I don't have enough qualifications to take it anymore. But I'm still glad I came back to Japan."

After returning to Japan, she returned to high school, became a third-year high school student, and was able to return to her daily life. Was there anything she got from studying abroad in the US?

"I feel like I've improved my hearing skills, but there were a lot of students who coulndn't read words at the school I went so I don't feel like my reading or writing has improved much. I was told my host family in America and the school had passed the screening from the study abroad group I joined, and told it was safe, but it wasn't a place where I could feel safe at all."

Translated from:

https://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/380324...ium=social

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=&t...3fpage%3d4
so embarrassing this story is going viral in Japan.

SO many Japanese used to have a dreamlike view of America

now they think USA is a shithole

it's like the older brother you used to look up to become a drug addicted degenerate

America has collapsed. It already happened
10-18-2020, 10:12 PM
the study abroad group should be vetting the families and schools better.

military families are barley above poverty level (they just get some good benefits)

and there and many public schools that are not shit holes, but pretty easy to figure out the shit hole ones with a visit.
10-19-2020, 04:05 AM
I don't think there is much wrong with the home life she described. Being asked to do chores isn't that crazy, nor is eating frozen food (although if it is every day of course it is a legit concern).

That family sounds like they adopted the 'POC' child for financial reasons of some sort. Paid foster care?

But the school environment, yeah, sounds rather typical of a leftist area that has lost ALL control. Schools can no longer discipline students. What do you expect to happen? The kids push their limits year after year, and soon the teachers get the hint they can't do anything, nor should they try, so they become demoralized.
10-19-2020, 10:02 AM
it's not necessarily "THAT BAD"

it's just degenerate

it's indicative of a morally and spiritually decayed country

degens are the ones eating frozen hot pockets all day long.

Degen school administrators are the ones that let kids smoke DOPE in the bathroom.

Degen school admins are the ones that let the kids have an IG channel that documents all the brawls and mischief.
10-19-2020, 10:04 AM
the Japanese worshipped the americans for way too long

they had no idea what America was really about

they did not know that the avg. MORALITY LEVEL and MANNER LEVEL is INCREDIBLY LOW in the USA

they did not know that AMERICA does not even maintain its basic infrastructure

they were WOWed by Hollywood movies and the degenerate pop music

now the curtain has fallen and all they see are goblins
10-19-2020, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2020 02:30 PM by karasu.)
a part of the problem is that people are prone to naive romanticization and the experience of reality is much different than imagined. I always use marriage/divorce in these kind of examples as it is the perfect vehicle to explain as something so many people can relate to as everyone imagines the fairytale marriage but most end in divorce but even with the high-probability of divorce people keep getting married.....going into it believing in the romantic notion of it.

if people are able to realize that the same qualities of human nature exist in all people then they will be less surprised when some imperfection is experienced and can be more wise about risk management

I think that movie "The Beach" expressed some of this problem with naive romanticization?
10-19-2020, 02:48 PM
(10-19-2020 02:29 PM)karasu Wrote:  a part of the problem is that people are prone to naive romanticization and the experience of reality is much different than imagined. I always use marriage/divorce in these kind of examples as it is the perfect vehicle to explain as something so many people can relate to as everyone imagines the fairytale marriage but most end in divorce but even with the high-probability of divorce people keep getting married.....going into it believing in the romantic notion of it.

if people are able to realize that the same qualities of human nature exist in all people then they will be less surprised when some imperfection is experienced and can be more wise about risk management

I think that movie "The Beach" expressed some of this problem with naive romanticization?

yeah but the idealization of america and the reality of america is such a huge mismatch it's not even funny.

People are not rational about USA.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Yesterday, 03:22 AM
Sounds like she landed in an episode of The Wire. Is that the norm in the US now? That's pretty dire.
Yesterday, 04:23 AM
it's pretty bad.

degeneracy and nihilism has hit an all time high.
Yesterday, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:27 AM by Rako.)
(10-19-2020 04:05 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  But the school environment, yeah, sounds rather typical of a leftist area that has lost ALL control. Schools can no longer discipline students. What do you expect to happen?
LOL, Drugs and school violence and bullying happens in "conservative" areas that beat children in schools.

A Louisiana girl posted in Twitter about the school punishment beatings and about drugs and bullying being rampant at her school.

When kids grow up in abusive homes and drug areas, beating them in schools like they get at home does not somehow fix their home-learned violence to each other and drug use.
Yesterday, 05:18 AM
(10-19-2020 02:48 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 02:29 PM)karasu Wrote:  a part of the problem is that people are prone to naive romanticization and the experience of reality is much different than imagined. I always use marriage/divorce in these kind of examples as it is the perfect vehicle to explain as something so many people can relate to as everyone imagines the fairytale marriage but most end in divorce but even with the high-probability of divorce people keep getting married.....going into it believing in the romantic notion of it.

yeah but the idealization of america and the reality of america is such a huge mismatch it's not even funny.

People are not rational about USA.

I have no doubt that if this gal had stayed in "my America" she would have a different perspective.....but life is weird that way, two enthusiastically industrious people can endeavor in the same enterprise but each with a very different experience and result....one knowing a positive experience of good luck and result while the other other experience not-so-good......

but yes, there is the America that is MASS SHOOTINGS....OFF-LEASH PITBULLS running wild.....POLICE BRUTALITY......Radical wingNUTery and Political Extremism.....Scheming ManTrappers....ELITE corruption.....and the general SELFISH condition which is the ROOT of these issues.....

The GF and I hosted one of these Japanese students for an exchange program about 4 years back. She had a good time and we made some spending cash Big Grin
Yesterday, 05:22 AM
(Yesterday 04:27 AM)Rako Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 04:05 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  But the school environment, yeah, sounds rather typical of a leftist area that has lost ALL control. Schools can no longer discipline students. What do you expect to happen?
LOL, Drugs and school violence and bullying happens in "conservative" areas that beat children in schools.

A Louisiana girl posted in Twitter about the school punishment beatings and about drugs and bullying being rampant at her school.

When kids grow up in abusive homes and drug areas, beating them in schools like they get at home does not somehow fix their home-learned violence to each other and drug use.

there's a good documentary about such rural backwaters:

[Image: Dwight-Yoakam-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sexual Attitudes among High Schoolers in the years 1981-82 EVILYOSHIDA 15 195 10-14-2020 02:51 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  Kumon Math school attacked by protesters EVILYOSHIDA 12 199 10-10-2020 02:02 AM
Last Post: Count Iblis
  Trump Jr. High on Cocaine during his RNC speech? EVILYOSHIDA 7 158 09-30-2020 04:13 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Why are the Japanese so innovative and creative? Shahanshah 31 12,978 09-29-2020 12:41 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA