Login | Register

Rupert Spira & Rupert Sheldrake: The Nature of Consciousness
08-14-2020, 11:57 PM
Rupert Spira & Rupert Sheldrake: The Nature of Consciousness

Rupert Spira is an international teacher of the Advaita Vedanta direct path method, author of several books, including "Being Aware of Being Aware" and "The Nature of Consciousness: Essays on the Unity of Mind and Matter". He hosts retreats in Europe and the US, as well as weekly webinars. He's also a notable ceramic artist.

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com

Dr Rupert Sheldrake, PhD, is a biologist and author best known for his hypothesis of morphic resonance. At Cambridge University he worked in developmental biology as a Fellow of Clare College. He was Principal Plant Physiologist at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics and From 2005 to 2010 was Director of the Perrott-Warrick project, Cambridge.
https://www.sheldrake.org

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2020, 05:40 AM
RE: Rupert Spira & Rupert Sheldrake: The Nature of Consciousness
Not much response to this thread. But I've always liked Rupert Spira.
08-17-2020, 03:51 AM
I've spent a lot of time over the last 25 years studying supposedly "enlightened" people.

Rupert Spira, as far as I can tell, is the real deal.

One of the better "gurus" or "teachers" out there who speaks from his own direct experience rather than quoting other people.

Everything he says seems aim at getting past the ego and toward the nature of your own consciousness.

I'm not a follower or anything but I really like the guy and recommend looking up some of his talks if you get bored.
08-17-2020, 08:10 AM
well that's why I posted it.
I thought the talk was good and this guy didn't seem like a huckster.

Of course I'm a big fan of Rupert Sheldrake.
08-17-2020, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I love talking about this stuff.

I always say the key to happiness is getting to know and falling in love with your own consciousness.

To me, that is the reflection of God within you.

All depression and self doubt comes from identifying and placing happiness somewhere outside of your own consciousness.

Sometimes you will find happiness outside of consciousness when everything is going okay.

You get the promotion. Your wife is being nice to you. Your kids aren't getting into trouble. All that jazz.

But that is all fleeting and it's only a matter of time until the happiness you found in those things falls apart.

Once the love of consciousness becomes a reality, any of those things falling apart cannot the love that is inside of you.

And even all of them falling apart cannot destroy your happiness.

That's why it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom.

Because a rich man is tied to his things and identity, which are not the source of his true happiness.

When a poor person has nothing, sometimes it is easier because you have nowhere else but inside of your self to look for happiness.

And, hence, why Jesus would often seek out the poor the share his teachings with.
08-17-2020, 08:31 AM
good point, internal coherency is also the key to psychic self defense.

psychic attacks are permeating the air right now.. and people have to be on guard or they will lose it.
08-17-2020, 08:32 AM
i just noticed these guys have the same first name lol.

what are the chances of that.
08-19-2021, 02:28 AM
a very interesting discussion

09-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Rupert has a new book out.

https://www.amazon.com/Being-Myself-Esse...1684031621
09-06-2021, 11:28 AM

09-06-2021, 11:47 AM
The basic message being that your essential nature is eternal and non-material.

But, for whatever reason, this eternal and non-material essence has a desire to experience and express itself in a material form.

The problem is, as we take material form we often lose sight of our essential, timeless nature.

So all spiritual practice centers around coming back to that essential, timeless nature that often appears lost but is never really any further away than your own hand.

This appearance of having been lost causes self-doubt, sadness, anger, resentment, depression.

This is why spiritual practice isn't about doing good deeds or becoming a professional do-gooder.

It's about learning to love your wayward self in a very genuine way.

As you learn learn to love yourself in a more genuine and unconditional way, that love for ones-self will more easily express it's love for others.

This is the crux of the expression "love your neighbor as yourself".

But without first coming to know and falling in love with your essential, timeless nature...it will be difficult to love other people.
09-06-2021, 11:48 AM
(09-06-2021 11:47 AM)THE_DEAN Wrote:  The basic message being that your essential nature is eternal and non-material.

But, for whatever reason, this eternal and non-material essence has a desire to experience and express itself in a material form.

The problem is, as we take material form we often lose sight of our essential, timeless nature.

So all spiritual practice centers around coming back to that essential, timeless nature that often appears lost but is never really any further away than your own hand.

This appearance of having been lost causes self-doubt, sadness, anger, resentment, depression.

This is why spiritual practice is about doing good deeds or becoming a professional do-gooder.

It's about learning to love your wayward self in a very genuine way.

As you learn learn to love yourself in a more genuine and unconditional way, that love for ones-self will more easily express it's love for others.

This is the crux of the expression "love your neighbor as yourself".

But without first coming to know and falling in love with your essential, timeless nature...it will be difficult to love other people.

Good.
I like that.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
09-06-2021, 11:52 AM
Sorry EY, I had to change my typo.

I meant to say spiritual practice "isn't" about becoming a professional do-gooder.
09-06-2021, 12:02 PM
totally one major obstacle is being a corporate stooge while still trying to be spiritually whole

the corporate nwo world is the exact opposite of mindfulness
09-06-2021, 12:09 PM
(09-06-2021 12:02 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  totally one major obstacle is being a corporate stooge while still trying to be spiritually whole

the corporate nwo world is the exact opposite of mindfulness

That's why it's important to meditate. And in meditation, distance oneself from thought.

If you cannot distance and observe your thoughts, how are you going to be able to know if they are genuine?

How are you to know they aren't just a series or framework of internalized propaganda?

It is very difficult if we don't develop the ability to observe and look deeply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Woman"s true nature General Franco 4 106 09-20-2022 07:30 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Nature is the world's original pharmacy EVILYOSHIDA 0 201 08-03-2022 02:29 AM
  Mimicry in Nature. Lends some possibility to Reptilians EVILYOSHIDA 25 13,075 05-30-2022 05:24 PM
  166 documentaries to expand your consciousness Daglord 53 26,505 02-02-2021 07:43 PM