Login | Register

NEW YORK CITY SUFFERS HIGHEST NUMBER OF JUNE SHOOTINGS IN OVER 20 YEARS
07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
NEW YORK CITY SUFFERS HIGHEST NUMBER OF JUNE SHOOTINGS IN OVER 20 YEARS
Quote:NEW YORK CITY SUFFERS HIGHEST NUMBER OF JUNE SHOOTINGS IN OVER 20 YEARS

Via: New York Post:

Gun violence exploded across the city after the NYPD disbanded its anti-crime unit of plainclothes cops on June 15, with three times as many shootings in the last two weeks of the month over the same period in 2019, police stats show.

And the shocking rise in gunfire — to 116 incidents from 38 between June 15 and July 2, a 205 percent increase — meant scores more victims were hurt or killed by bullets this year over last year.

Gunshot injuries skyrocketed to 157 from 47 in 2019, a 238 percent increase.

With a total of 205 shootings during the month, it was the bloodiest June in 24 years — going back to 1996, when the NYPD logged 236 incidents, the department said.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: NEW YORK CITY SUFFERS HIGHEST NUMBER OF JUNE SHOOTINGS IN OVER 20 YEARS
property prices dropping like a rock in NYC

I think NYC's reputation may be permanently damaged due to the mishandling of COVID + out of control violence.
07-09-2020, 01:13 AM
How could nyc have handled covid better.
I think that covid is overhyped, but it's also true that the city's density makes it more of a breeding ground.
07-09-2020, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2020 03:07 AM by karasu.)
this is not just about the CV but also another symptom of the CORRUPT BEST LIAR/CHEATER WINS TRICKLE-UPenomics WEALTH INEQUALITY plaguing USA

[Image: 891tk2ucr5q01.jpg]
07-09-2020, 03:09 AM
I have also said here and OG how the INCREASE in GUN$ purchase WILL LEAD to increase in SHOOTINGS which will of course ATTRACT the ATTENTION of BIG GOV and INCREASE in REGULATION
07-09-2020, 03:44 AM
what was going on 20 years ago (1996) that they had so many shootings ?

aka Poiupoiu
07-09-2020, 04:47 AM
Iirc, the NYT said the violent crime spike was primarily due to the antiCovid measures. For instance, people aren't at work or school but are stuck together at home or in bad neighborhoods with nothing to do. Plus the state was releasing criminals because the covid measures reduced court functioning and they didnt want inmates to be stuck together and share COVID. Plus not having jobs increases poverty which increases crime. Plus violent crime increases in summer. Plus well known incidences of police abuse like the Floyd killing apparently results in a reaction of increased crime. Plus supposedly some major cities like NYC were reducing their police activities due to increased awareness of the problem of police abuse. I guess this means that the police should be strongly Reformed, but not necessarily drastically reduced in their activities.
07-09-2020, 06:50 AM
I was born in New York, and I’ve never seen the city so scared and uninhabitable. I fear we’re on the brink of a second civil war

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/494087-new-york-blm-civil-war/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  After weeks of violence, looting, assaults, shootings the msm declares: pug-thug 14 899 09-03-2020 08:38 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  have you ever seen new york like this? pug-thug 6 247 08-24-2020 02:51 PM
  New York Times leak/hack.. backdoor open for public viewing. pug-thug 3 116 08-14-2020 12:49 AM
  the number 33 is popping in tons of places when discussing crown virus pug-thug 73 3,786 07-29-2020 06:29 PM