Login | Register

"What a DIFFERENCE a Day Makes....."
05-19-2020, 03:19 PM
"What a DIFFERENCE a Day Makes....."
"18 photos that show what the world looked like for Americans 150 years ago

In 1870, America was in the middle of great change as the Second Industrial Revolution was just starting, and millions of immigrants were heading for the US.

When getting around, horse and buggy were extremely popular 150 years ago.
By the 1870s, horse and buggy had become the most popular mode of transport throughout the world.

The steamboat was another popular mode of transport during this time.

Although railroads were growing in popularity throughout the 1800s, 1870 marked the beginning of a boom within the industry."------

https://www.insider.com/what-the-world-l...ago-2020-5
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2020, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2020 03:25 PM by karasu.)
RE: "What a DIFFERENCE a Day Makes....."
it's just as I have been telling here on this forum.....humanity/civilization is an object in motion! 150yrs is not that long ago, it's not ancient history but just look the STORY of CHANGE in that short time. That's like 3 generations time-span Grandparent/Parent/Child and look how much CHANGE!

the world and its people are in motion........

[Image: tumblr_mtgh6agdGa1siwa2ro5_250.gifv]
05-19-2020, 07:01 PM
I'm beginning to think that this modern reality was always our reality, and all history prior to say 1900 is all mythology, fake old buildings, and photoshop.

Who can prove me wrong?
05-19-2020, 07:21 PM
people over 120 years old?
05-19-2020, 07:22 PM
the changes were due to transportation and the speed of informational transfer and communication

it makes sense why the last 100-200 years changed more than the thousands of years prior to that.
05-20-2020, 02:51 AM
it has been changing all along......writing on stones, to papyrus, to printing press is like 8-track to internet.......and art, we can see a lot of evolution in art and music in the thousands of years humans have been progressing........

can you imagine what a groundbreaking game-changing innovation was putting together a written language system some thousands of years ago? It would be as revolutionary to human civilization as the internet and smart-phones.

and we can be sure that through all that change there were those who feared and opposed it.....but it still happened.....
05-20-2020, 06:23 AM
Industrial revolution was a big mistake in the macro view

sure but air conditioning...
05-23-2020, 03:27 AM
Ray Dalio on Covid-19 effect: We’ll reconsider how ‘to divide the pie’ and ‘there are reasons it won’t be good for capitalists’
Published Thu, May 14 2020

Count hedge fund billionaire Ray Dalio among the skeptics. “We’re not going to go back to normal,” Dalio tells CNBC Make It.

But he also has hope. “Soon we are going to reconsider how we are going to divide the pie and there are reasons that it won’t be good for capitalists,” Dalio says.-----

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/14/ray-dali...ciety.html
05-23-2020, 06:33 AM
Electricity brought huge changes into our lives.
05-23-2020, 08:17 AM
good point pilgrim! And should we consider electricity as an essential element of civilized society which should be covered by our taxes?

perhaps paid to a reasonable point but excessive users will pay for use beyond base point?

trash-collection, water, electricity, health-care, police/fire/education.....no reason our taxes should not cover such essential elements of civilized society
05-23-2020, 08:23 AM
(05-19-2020 07:01 PM)Redneck Wrote:  I'm beginning to think that this modern reality was always our reality, and all history prior to say 1900 is all mythology, fake old buildings, and photoshop.

Who can prove me wrong?

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-12-25-at-20.15.12.jpg]
05-23-2020, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2020 08:24 AM by pilgrim.)
(05-23-2020 08:17 AM)karasu Wrote:  good point pilgrim! And should we consider electricity as an essential element of civilized society which should be covered by our taxes?

perhaps paid to a reasonable point but excessive users will pay for use beyond base point?

trash-collection, water, electricity, health-care, police/fire/education.....no reason our taxes should not cover such essential elements of civilized society

It would be nice but they will just raise our taxes even more. The competitive aspect of the free market economy is what I like. Too many hand outs start to be a drain on the system.
05-24-2020, 12:55 PM
(05-19-2020 07:21 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  people over 120 years old?

I don't mean that the world has only existed for 120 years.

I suppose my idea is just an interpretation of the simulation theory.

If you are born today, you only know what existed before by what you are told and shown.

Maybe we have always existed in this modern timeline simulation, maybe there never was a real 1800s and prior eras.

Or maybe I spend too much time thinking about such things.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
05-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Quote:Or maybe I spend too much time thinking about such things.

No, you're doing it right. Keep studying.
05-24-2020, 05:52 PM
(05-24-2020 02:47 PM)pilgrim Wrote:  
Quote:Or maybe I spend too much time thinking about such things.

No, you're doing it right. Keep studying.

Thanks man, I kick lots of weird ideas around in my head, I don't necessarily believe them, I just give them some thought and do a bit of research, and normally store the data for future reference, and move on. I always thought the the holographic universe and other forms of simulation theory to be way too out there for serious consideration, but in 2020 I am not so sure anymore.

We really are living in the most bizarre and surreal timeline ever.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  David Icke denies he makes a lot of money pug-thug 7 141 04-27-2020 08:20 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Mahmoud Abbas makes noise at UN again rather than try to negotiate peace pilgrim 4 182 02-27-2020 04:31 AM
Last Post: pilgrim
  The Weinstein Verdict Effectively Makes Heterosexual Sex Illegal in America CTsar 2 136 02-26-2020 11:49 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Trump makes new Campaign Video to cash in on Iran conflict Redneck 34 866 01-07-2020 05:05 PM
Last Post: Redneck