Login | Register

BOOKS vs Modern Media Celebrity Worship
03-30-2020, 11:49 AM
BOOKS vs Modern Media Celebrity Worship
while enjoying some book-reading today I had an interesting contemplation. Books inspire imagination, good exercise for the brain.

With movies everything is given to you. I believe that I have heard/read it said that before contemporary tv/movies, actors were considered entertainers and did not enjoy such celebrity status and influence as they do post Industrial Revolution and it seems they were not so worshiped as they are now?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: BOOKS vs Modern Media Celebrity Worship
of course people can be nefariously manipulated through the written word same as tv/movies but there is a certain element of IN YOUR FACE Celebritisement that seems especially conducive to marketing consumption and loose behavioral expression in fashion and public manner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  US has DEADLIEST police culture in modern world, only know incarceration & brutality pug-thug 12 128 Yesterday 10:54 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  How (radical modern) Feminism justifies inequality Chaos Reigns 6 233 01-24-2020 04:22 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Ass Worship Agenda jho 66 20,345 12-21-2019 05:08 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Have Some Modern Magicians Sold Their Souls To Demons? Fugazi 206 61,157 08-26-2019 02:10 AM
Last Post: pug-thug