01-23-2020, 11:51 PM
Dog trying to escape from wolves. amazing vid
https://external-preview.redd.it/KjRzpll...de926a9ea9

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: Dog trying to escape from wolves. amazing vid
Jumps through a (barbed wire) fence? Looks like the dog barely gets through or gets caught up, while jumping through, hence why the wolves don't follow.

Probably how the dog got on the wrong side of the fence too! Big Grin
01-24-2020, 04:37 AM
Cool escape video. Doggy had heart and was smart. He knew where to go to get through the fence.
01-24-2020, 05:12 AM
yeah he could have cut himself up pretty bad

glad the dog got away, but also nice to see wolves being wolves

what has happened to the wolf is just sad.

wolf takes a few sheep, farmers proceed to kill hundreds of wolves
01-24-2020, 05:49 AM
(01-24-2020 05:12 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  yeah he could have cut himself up pretty bad

glad the dog got away, but also nice to see wolves being wolves

what has happened to the wolf is just sad.

wolf takes a few sheep, farmers proceed to kill hundreds of wolves

Dogs are just the wolves that were able to co-exist and cooperate with humans. There are millions of dogs on Earth, most of them living happy, fulfilled lives.

Do you feel bad for scorpions? Snakes? Spiders? Crocodiles? Sharks? I don't want wolves hunted to extinction, but I am also not deluding myself about the threat that wolves posed to civilization 500+ years ago, and hence why they were feared and hunted.
01-24-2020, 05:51 AM
were the native americans killing wolves en masse before the colonizers arrived?

i'm guessing no.

seems like they got along with wolves ok and might have even worshipped them.

Wolves generally are afraid of humans.

i think there is something about the wolf that anglo-saxonicism hates.
01-24-2020, 05:53 AM
The big problem with wolves is that they go after farm animals. It's easy prey for them but it gets expensive for farmers.
01-24-2020, 05:55 AM
Quote:The USDA found that wolves killed 4,948 cattle (2015) and sheep (2014) from an inventory of 13.6 million. In other words, wolves killed 0.04 percent of the cattle and sheep inventories in the Northern Rocky Mountain states and were allegedly responsible for just 1.22 percent of unwanted losses.

very little and prob overstated.

We need to protect the wolf. they are one of the ultimate spiritual symbols we have today.
01-24-2020, 05:57 AM
Quote:In October, a Washington farmer spotted a wolf, pursued the animal for several miles, then shot him. The wolf's fatal mistake? Being seen near a farm.

Not only is killing endangered species a crime, but it's also not an effective way to protect sheep or cattle. In fact, when farmers kill wolves, the plan usually backfires - newly fragmented wolf packs claim more livestock in the long run, according to a new study. For each wolf killed, the odds that other wolves will prey on nearby farm animals actually increase.

Looking at a quarter century's worth of data collected by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's annual wolf reports, scientists were able to track how many wolves were killed legally. By pairing this information with livestock statistics from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the researchers could examine the link between culling wolves and the rate at which these predators attacked livestock.

Washington State University biologist and study author Rob Wielgus wasn't sure if killing wolves would help to save livestock. Last year, Wielgus and his colleagues had found that culling cougars resulted in more, not fewer, livestock deaths - evidence that killing these animals was senseless.

Killing wolves, it turns out, is also senseless, as it fails to protect livestock to a surprising degree. With the death of a single wolf, cattle and sheep deaths bump up the next year by about 4 percent. Kill 20 wolves, and livestock are twice as likely to be killed. It's not that wolves are bound by some sort of canine revenge code; instead, as Wielgus and WSU environmental scientist Kaylie Peebles reported Wednesday in the journal PLOS ONE, the death of a wolf can fragment a pack, causing smaller groups of wolves to disperse. If the immigrant wolves settle and have pups near livestock, they're more apt to attack the farm animals, rather than straying away to chase down elk or deer.

it actually makes sense.

if you fragment a pack, the pack becomes weaker, and so they go for the easy pickings the farm animals

with a solid pack they can hunt in the wild.

it is so SENSELESS what they are DOING!!!!

How can anyone kill these magnificent animals?

USDA says they kill a tiny fraction of livestock yearly.
01-24-2020, 05:59 AM
also those wild boars, they can be food for the wolves.

WE have disrupted the entire ecosystem and foodchain, that is why things are out of whack.

I actually somewhat agree with moving people into the cities.

CITIES are more ecofriendly than one guy hogging up tons of acres on a farm.

we should have more nature preservation zones.
01-24-2020, 06:01 AM
I'm no fan of the nazis obviously, but is very interesting that they put the wolf under special protection:

Quote:Nazi Germany was the first state in the world to place the wolf under protection.[19] Nazi Germany "introduced the first legislation for the protection of wolves."[20]
01-24-2020, 06:21 AM
Matt Abbott taught how to do A houdini???!!!
01-24-2020, 06:23 AM
(01-24-2020 05:51 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  were the native americans killing wolves en masse before the colonizers arrived?

i'm guessing no.

seems like they got along with wolves ok and might have even worshipped them.

Wolves generally are afraid of humans.

i think there is something about the wolf that anglo-saxonicism hates.

I have already explained this. European wolves are NOT the same as North American wolves. It wasn't some superstition, the wolves were literally dragging off and eating children as old as 10.
01-24-2020, 06:28 AM
"If the immigrant wolves settle and have pups near livestock, they're more apt to attack the farm animals, rather than straying away to chase down elk or deer."

This is such a stupid statement. Are we assuming the wolves just randomly settle and have pups near livestock, not that they know there is food being kept in a pen, easy pickings for when their offspring are young and growing?

Moving everyone into the cities and making 'human-free zones' is pure Agenda 2030/Brave New World shit.
01-24-2020, 12:38 PM
not all those arguments are valid but I do buy the argument that if you break up the pack by KILLING individual wolves, the weakened pack are more likely to go for LIVESTOCK.

that is probably true.

regarding the city thing it is absolutely true it's more ECO for people to live in cities.

also I think it's more NATURAL for ppl to live in CITIES than get a huge tract of land by themselves.

the ancient TRIBAL village clusters were the PRECURSORS to cities. Humans had to stick together to survive and to share resources.

the THOREAU shit is actually in a way unnatural

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AMAZING MUST READ: A Swiss Doctor on Covid-19 pug-thug 11 216 04-04-2020 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Man Bites Dog jho 0 92 03-29-2020 01:08 AM
Last Post: jho
  rare vid, New Orleans police looting during Katrina pug-thug 5 252 03-01-2020 09:25 AM
Last Post: canuckster
  Matt Abbott finally finds dog that will be loyal to him???!!!! ba_dass 30 4,911 01-20-2020 06:27 PM
Last Post: ba_dass