Login | Register

President Trump Claims Nobel Prize!?!
01-12-2020, 05:00 AM
President Trump Claims Nobel Prize!?!
A 'confused' Trump tried to take credit for the Ethiopian prime minister's Nobel Peace Prize

At a rally in Ohio on Thursday night, President Donald Trump claimed that he deserved credit for the Nobel Peace Prize recently awarded to Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed.

"I made a deal. I saved a country. And I just heard that the head of that country is now getting the Nobel Peace Prize for saving the country. I said, 'What? Did I have something do with it?' Yeah," Trump said. "But you know, that's the way it is. As long as we know, that's all that matters."

Trump last year offered to help negotiate an agreement between the Ethiopian prime minister and Egypt's prime minister over a dam on the Nile. But Ahmed was awarded the prestigious prize for negotiating a peace deal between Ethiopia and neighboring Eritrea following 20 years of bloody conflict. Trump had nothing to do with these peace negotiations.-----

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-fa...ize-2020-1

[Image: 2009-obama_1782164i.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2020, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2020 05:12 AM by karasu.)
RE: President Trump Claims Nobel Prize!?!
Trump is pushing the limits of presidential power — just like Obama did

While their decision-making process is very different both President Donald Trump and President Barack Obama have taken advantage of the broad powers presidents have to wage war.

Both presidents have also benefited from Congress' reluctance to use its power to rein the White House's ability to conduct armed operations overseas.

Obama attacks Libya and Congress wags a finger

When Trump exercised that "flexibility" and ordered Soleimani killed, there was — as with Obama — a great deal of congressional criticism.

But there are important differences that show how much farther Trump is willing to push the boundaries of his own individual power.

First, with Obama's action, there was a humanitarian crisis and broad multilateral support. But with Trump's killing of Soleimani, there was no UN resolution calling for Soleimani's death nor a humanitarian crisis.-----

https://www.insider.com/trump-like-obama...wer-2020-1
01-12-2020, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2020 05:15 AM by karasu.)
RE: President Trump Claims Nobel Prize!?!
Trump doesn't want to go to war, he just wants to look tough, even if it puts US troops in danger

Less than a week into 2020, President Donald Trump's desire to look tough pushed the US and Iran to the brink of war and placed US service members in danger, top experts and former US officials say.

"For Trump, everything is political — even this profoundly dangerous escalation," Ned Price, a former National Security Council official under the Obama administration, told Insider.

It's an election year and Trump, a former reality TV star who's perpetually conscious of his public image, has already sought to use the deadly strike to raise money for his 2020 reelection campaign via Facebook ads, emails, and text messages. "ANOTHER dead terrorist," the subject line of one such email to supporters said, per ABC News.

"This operation wasn't a strategic or even a tactical maneuver; it was in large part a political act disguised as a military operation," Price said. "That's why it's not at all surprising that the Trump campaign has fundraised off the strike."------

https://www.insider.com/trump-doesnt-wan...ous-2020-1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mob hitman who claims to have killed JFK to be released johan 3 1,699 11-29-2019 08:34 PM
Last Post: CTsar
  Born to be an ex-president, GWB. pug-thug 0 291 11-26-2019 08:42 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Litvinenko 'poisoned by Russian mafia state,' family's lawyer claims Benwahwah 87 16,307 07-14-2019 09:34 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
Sad Bob Dylan awarded the Nobel Prize for his lifetime of service. For whom, exactly? jho 68 9,972 05-14-2019 10:02 PM
Last Post: canuckster