RE: Fedor vs Rampage - Bellator Japan last night
Fedor hurt his SHIN pretty bad prior to the KO

Fedor is still fast

he just lost his chin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2019, 09:45 AM
That hurt me when I saw it. The manner that Fedor stumbled back looked almost exactly like Anderson's kick against Weidman, except his shin bone didn't split in two.
12-30-2019, 09:46 AM
yeah I don't think rampage noticed that?

cuz Fedor was HURTIN BAD!!!
12-30-2019, 09:47 AM
rampage did absolutely nothing. maybe he got one semi-clean shot in..

Fedor literally has similar speed compared to his prime. pretty amazing.
12-30-2019, 10:02 AM
his speed is not quite what it was in PRIDE, but it's the same as it was in Strikeforce when Fedor was early 30's. No noticeable decline in 10 years. It's a shame he can't take a punch anymore.
12-30-2019, 01:06 PM
Never thought a Fedor victory would make me sad but this one did. I didn't know Rampage was in this bad of a shape. This was basically the much awaited Fedor vs Zulu 2.

Fedor's punching speed looked great though.

! This post was funded by the goverment of the Russian Federation !
12-30-2019, 01:23 PM
walkouts were epic too
12-30-2019, 03:25 PM
(12-30-2019 10:02 AM)CTsar Wrote:  his speed is not quite what it was in PRIDE, but it's the same as it was in Strikeforce when Fedor was early 30's. No noticeable decline in 10 years. It's a shame he can't take a punch anymore.

yeah good call.

It's about the same as 10 years ago.. but not during his prime in PRIDE.

His speed movement , reflexes are STILL THERE compared to 10 years AGO! pretty amazing.

but I was so worried when Rampage checked that kick.. I knew Fedor was HURTIN' BAD!!!!

Those who know, know! Big Grin
12-30-2019, 03:28 PM
LMFAO @ rampage trying to duck and weave like it would work HAHAHAHAHAHA
12-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Quote:“Sorry guys we didn’t get the outcome we wanted, but you know what, I knew one of us was going to get knocked out,” said Jackson on his social network, as transcribed by Ryan Harkness for MMA Mania. “But I didn’t know it was going to be f**ing me. But you know what? I ain’t mad, though. You win some, you lose some. You get paid for all. Y’all remember that. It’s all good – I’m not in a bad mood. I just know what I got to do. I got to get my damn weight down. I felt like a hippopotamus out there. But that’s my fault. No excuses. It’s all right. I’ll be back. But I ain’t coming back at heavyweight. I’ve got to lose this weight.”

lol @ i'll be back.

you'll be back, but not paying fans BRUH
01-04-2020, 04:49 AM
(12-30-2019 03:28 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  LMFAO @ rampage trying to duck and weave like it would work HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's actually how Rampage gets most of his KO's. He shells up, starts weaving then when guys stand in the pocket and leave their hands down because Rampage isn't returning fire, he surprises them with a big check-hook.

Fedor initiates from too far away and throws too hard for that strategy to work. Also, Fedor tends to shoulder knock opponents when he misses his power-shots, which then knocks them off balance, requiring them to extend their hands out (opening their guard) for a moment to retain balance. -- One more reason that shelling against him isn't a good strategy.

Fedor has no chin left and all it takes to embarrass him is a stiff jab. Rampage just wasn't the guy to do it. He has no ranged weapons, lacks footwork and works out of a very predictable defensive shell.
01-04-2020, 04:58 AM
I get it but 280 lb rampage doing that bob and weave shit just looked slow and ridiculous
01-04-2020, 10:55 AM
(01-04-2020 04:49 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(12-30-2019 03:28 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  LMFAO @ rampage trying to duck and weave like it would work HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's actually how Rampage gets most of his KO's. He shells up, starts weaving then when guys stand in the pocket and leave their hands down because Rampage isn't returning fire, he surprises them with a big check-hook.

Fedor initiates from too far away and throws too hard for that strategy to work. Also, Fedor tends to shoulder knock opponents when he misses his power-shots, which then knocks them off balance, requiring them to extend their hands out (opening their guard) for a moment to retain balance. -- One more reason that shelling against him isn't a good strategy.

Fedor has no chin left and all it takes to embarrass him is a stiff jab. Rampage just wasn't the guy to do it. He has no ranged weapons, lacks footwork and works out of a very predictable defensive shell.

His defensive shell best illustrates the decline of Wanderlei.

Wandy from PRIDE would finish his combos with the thai clinch or getting out of the way and was immune to it. You can see Rampage loading the left hook but he aborts halfway through because Wandy is already out of reach.

Old Wandy that stood in the pocket and brawled went down fast.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-04-2020, 11:17 AM
I miss the old wandy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Music dood exposes Bellator pug-thug 2 144 05-21-2020 03:21 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Fedor vs CroCop, detailed analysis Redneck 8 273 02-28-2020 03:10 PM
Video Fedor almost cried during interview - Bellator 237 CTsar 2 294 02-21-2020 03:53 PM
  Rampage came out to the pride theme music pug-thug 1 201 12-31-2019 03:37 PM
Last Post: CTsar