Login | Register

Interstellar space travel ...what are the possibilities?
11-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Interstellar space travel ...what are the possibilities?
I hope it's OK for me to start a thread like this since I'm only a newbie.

I was thinking of something karasu said about me being perhaps a bit closed-minded on this subject. I wanted to set the record straight, but especially to get the views of others on this subject.

I believe it is very possible that beings from another part of the universe may have visited earth. When you consider the millions of years the earth has been around and the uncountable celestial bodies and planets, it certainly is possible imo.

However, I think that any aliens (now there's a loaded word...lol) would have to be far far more advanced than we are now. They would have to figure out a way to travel much faster than the speed of light to cross the unimaginable distances. They would need to do things that modern physics say are not possible, mainly crack Einstein's theories, and go faster than 186,000 miles/sec (speed of light).

But this is possible imo. In the billions of years the universe has been around, it is possible a very advanced race could find a way to overcome what scientists believe to be immutable laws.

Any thoughts on this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: Interstellar space travel ...what are the possibilities?
I don't believe in interstellar space travel as presented by some Hollywood movies.

I believe we have other beings here on earth but I don't believe they are from other planets. I believe we are surrounded by a spiritual realm that is inhabited by spirit beings. These beings are real and often manifest in people's lives.

I don't believe there are alien life forms on other planets that travel here since there is no evidence of that. Much like bigfoot, until we actually have something tangible to see and study it will remain just a rumor to me.
11-10-2019, 11:47 AM
(11-10-2019 05:19 AM)ray_carlton Wrote:  I hope it's OK for me to start a thread like this since I'm only a newbie.

I was thinking of something karasu said about me being perhaps a bit closed-minded on this subject. I wanted to set the record straight, but especially to get the views of others on this subject.

I believe it is very possible that beings from another part of the universe may have visited earth. When you consider the millions of years the earth has been around and the uncountable celestial bodies and planets, it certainly is possible imo.

However, I think that any aliens (now there's a loaded word...lol) would have to be far far more advanced than we are now. They would have to figure out a way to travel much faster than the speed of light to cross the unimaginable distances. They would need to do things that modern physics say are not possible, mainly crack Einstein's theories, and go faster than 186,000 miles/sec (speed of light).

But this is possible imo. In the billions of years the universe has been around, it is possible a very advanced race could find a way to overcome what scientists believe to be immutable laws.

Any thoughts on this?

and what did Albert Einstein think of such possibilities? Did he believe we already knew all there was to know at that time or that our understanding was a very small fraction of the possibilities?
11-10-2019, 11:51 AM
an important element to this question is the "I believe........"

"believing" can be like an attitude of "knowing" and knowing = solution but is the problem really understood, do we have ALL the information, do we KNOW everything so that when we say "I believe" then that is a position of knowing?
11-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Is Kirk wearing LuLu Lemon?

[Image: flashbakarena7.jpg]
11-10-2019, 01:54 PM
well, simulation theory has a point .. in the sense that if computing power approaches infinity, then the higher the chance that our world is indeed a simulation or basically a video game

so basically anything is in the realm of possibility
11-10-2019, 02:16 PM
(11-10-2019 01:54 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  well, simulation theory has a point .. in the sense that if computing power approaches infinity, then the higher the chance that our world is indeed a simulation or basically a video game

that theory is as unsettling as atheism to entertain....that we are simply a fiction

but I guess we could then contemplate the nature of vibration frequency and all that, debating then if a simulation is any less real than any other form of energy......
11-10-2019, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019 02:17 PM by Skookum Charlie.)
[Image: FlhHjIx.jpg]
11-10-2019, 02:21 PM
(11-10-2019 02:16 PM)karasu Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 01:54 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  well, simulation theory has a point .. in the sense that if computing power approaches infinity, then the higher the chance that our world is indeed a simulation or basically a video game

that theory is as unsettling as atheism to entertain....that we are simply a fiction

but I guess we could then contemplate the nature of vibration frequency and all that, debating then if a simulation is any less real than any other form of energy......

it's just a theory that I don't really believe in. but then again even if it's true it doesn't change the fact that if you get punched in the mouth, it hurts.
I think the PTB want people to believe in simulation theory so that you take the world less seriously, lose your moral grounding and are more easily guided or controlled by the AI control grid.

the thing that they don't get is, nature engages in mass extinction events that would PREVENT said computing power to ever get that powerful.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
11-10-2019, 02:28 PM
(11-10-2019 02:21 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 02:16 PM)karasu Wrote:  

it's just a theory that I don't really believe in. but then again even if it's true it doesn't change the fact that if you get punched in the mouth, it hurts.
I think the PTB want people to believe in simulation theory so that you take the world less seriously, lose your moral grounding and are more easily guided or controlled by the AI control grid.

the thing that they don't get is, nature engages in mass extinction events that would PREVENT said computing power to ever get that powerful.

good reading pug
11-11-2019, 02:46 AM
(11-10-2019 11:36 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  .
I don't believe in interstellar space travel as presented by some Hollywood movies.

I believe we have other beings here on earth but I don't believe they are from other planets. I believe we are surrounded by a spiritual realm that is inhabited by spirit beings. These beings are real and often manifest in people's lives.

I don't believe there are alien life forms on other planets that travel here since there is no evidence of that. Much like bigfoot, until we actually have something tangible to see and study it will remain just a rumor to me.

Interesting reply. I guess I was using the old "if you give a group of monkeys a typewriter and enough time, sooner or later one will write War and Peace.

I did not say aliens have definitely visited earth. I just said that due to the unimaginable amounts of time involved, it's hard to rule out the possibility.

AS far as proof: I am not an expert on this. That's one reason why I started the thread. Your scenario is is a bit hard to prove as well. But since you mention spiritual realms and beings, you get into areas that are also hard to disprove imo.

Good solid reply.
11-11-2019, 02:52 AM
(11-10-2019 11:47 AM)karasu Wrote:  
(11-10-2019 05:19 AM)ray_carlton Wrote:  I hope it's OK for me to start a thread like this since I'm only a newbie.

Any thoughts on this?

and what did Albert Einstein think of such possibilities? Did he believe we already knew all there was to know at that time or that our understanding was a very small fraction of the possibilities?

I haven't studied Einstein's philosophical beliefs enough to know what his thoughts were about what his theories prove or disprove about potential 'faster than light' travel. His theory says no. As a scientist, that means no. But as a philosopher, which Einstein also was...he may not have shut that door.

btw, 'su. As I stated in the post. One of my reasons for making the thread was to show YOU that I am not as inflexible in my thinking on this subject as you think.
11-11-2019, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 03:05 AM by ray_carlton.)

EY, I have read a bit about simulation theory on the OG. But to be honest, it doesn't make sense to me. Your statement that when computer power reaches infinity it increases the chance our world is a simulation, also doesn't make sense to me.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on that? Thank you.

* I just saw your reply to karasu in which you said "it's just a theory that I don't really believe in." But, I would still like to know about simulation theory. Thanks.
11-11-2019, 03:01 AM
(11-11-2019 02:57 AM)ray_carlton Wrote:  

EY, I have read a bit about simulation theory on the OG. But to be honest, it doesn't make sense to me. Your statement that when computer power reaches infinity it increases the chance our world is a simulation, also doesn't make sense to me.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on that? Thank you.
11-11-2019, 03:02 AM
double post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NASA = New Age Space Art - Nasa admits they make images up pug-thug 1 443 07-03-2019 03:18 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  ‘Excuse me personal space’ #AsianCringe pug-thug 2 760 05-15-2019 04:02 PM
Last Post: Banchan
  Black Holes = Hyperspace Travel !?! karasu 8 646 03-20-2019 05:24 AM
Last Post: kungfool
  (!!) First man to walk in space: Kubrick faked moon landing footage pug-thug 111 31,340 02-01-2019 12:31 AM
Last Post: pug-thug