Login | Register

aaaand I called it! National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
11-02-2019, 06:56 AM
aaaand I called it! National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
the asians can only make the hardware for the Nwo never the software

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reut...SKBN1XB4IL

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2019, 07:00 AM
RE: and I called it National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
seriously the nwo is trying to ban the “the last sunny corner on the internet.”
11-02-2019, 08:10 AM
RE: and I called it National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
U.S. regulators have opened an investigation into ByteDance, the Chinese owner of TikTok, and its acquisition of Musically in late 2017, Reuters reported Friday morning. Regulators are said to focus on potential national security risks, given that ByteDance is based in China.

The investigation is being handled by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which usually reviews these kinds of deals as they happen. However, since ByteDance didn’t seek approval for the deal when it happened, regulators are looking into it now, according to the report.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Senator Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) jointly called for such an investigation last month, at the time calling TikTok “a potential counterintelligence threat we cannot ignore.”

“We are not influenced by any foreign government, including the Chinese government,” TikTok said at the time in response to Schumer’s and Cotton’s demands. “TikTok does not operate in China, nor do we have any intention of doing so in the future.”

ByteDance acquired Musically for $1 billion in November of 2017, and subsequently merged the app with its own TikTok video service.

There have been reports that TikTok censored some posts about pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong in recent weeks, but the company has denied this charge. “TikTok does not remove content based on sensitivities related to China,” the company said. “We have never been asked by the Chinese government to remove any content and we would not do so if asked. Period.”

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/u-...203390208/
11-02-2019, 08:29 AM
when I was there I saw no chinese propaganda. I have spent HOURS UPON HOURS on TIK TOK

in fact most of the posts I saw were PRO TRUMP 2020

if anything, the platform is promoting the very ANTI-CHINA TRUMP
11-02-2019, 08:34 AM
(10-31-2019 06:08 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  perfect summation right here:

Quote:Tyler B
9 months ago
TikTok is very cringey and weird but if it's hated by leftists then it has to be doing something right.

Watch they are going to investigate TIK TOK SOON for NATIONAL SECURITY

MESSAGE CREATED 10/31/2019

11/1/2019 -

CBS News
TikTok video app reportedly under review as national security threat
Multiple published reports say that the U.S. government has launched a national security review of the China-owned video app TikTok, popular ...
14 mins ago

[Image: pat_self_on_back_md_wm.gif]
11-02-2019, 08:34 AM
I predicted it within a DAY

BOOM SHAKA LAKA
11-02-2019, 08:39 AM
RE: aaaand I called it! National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
(11-02-2019 08:34 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  I predicted it within a DAY

BOOM SHAKA LAKA

[Image: Lemur-requires-scratch-his-back.gif]
11-03-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: aaaand I called it! National Security investigation just opened hours ago for Tik Tok
oh noes, shut it down.. lol @ US media spewing platitudes about political censorship. US social media banned TONS of conservative POVs over the last couple of years
Quote:Set to upbeat music, these quirky videos seem relatively harmless. They’re simple promotional vehicles, and they attract young TikTok-loving audiences. But America’s journalists, like America’s youth, are falling in love with the most effective medium ever introduced to extend Chinese media practices into the United States. Journalists should not be promoting a platform with a documented history of political censorship. Nor should journalists use TikTok as a news medium, because TikTok—unlike other attempts to extend authoritarian media globally, such as RT (Russia Today)—relies on its users’ ignorance of its origins and practices. How many teens, or journalists, are aware TikTok’s Chinese parent company, Bytedance, paid what was at the time the largest fine in Federal Trade Commission history for invading the privacy of underage users?

TikTok seems like a great new media story, and, in some ways, it is. For a relatively new social media platform, TikTok’s numbers are staggering. It is the No. 1 app downloaded in the iOS store, and it’s estimated that in the first quarter of 2019, more than 220 million TikTok app downloads occurred between Google Play and Apple’s iOS store. Funny TikTok memes pop up on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as in its proprietary app. If TikTok seems like it’s everywhere these days, that’s because Bytedance spends a fortune to keep teens hooked and to keep everyone else talking about it. In September, TikTok was the top advertiser on Snapchat, and the second-largest advertiser on Youtube. The Wall Street Journal reports that Bytedance plans to spend an astounding $1 billion advertising TikTok this year.

But from a journalistic perspective, the question of what can’t be found on TikTok is more important than the quirky music videos that dominate the app. TikTok, which is called Douyin in China, is the first successful global social media giant pioneered domestically under the Chinese censorship regime, and since the app’s introduction, questions have swirled about what videos are allowed to appear on the platform. According to internal documents describing TikTok’s guidelines obtained by the Guardian—policies that TikTok now claims are outdated and no longer employed—TikTok censored videos mentioning taboo topics in China, such as Tiananmen Square, Tibetan and Taiwanese independence and the Falun Gong. Likewise, videos and hashtags about the Hong Kong protests “barely exist on TikTok,” the Washington Post noted. A former TikTok content moderator told the New York Times that, in the newspaper’s words, “managers in the United States had instructed moderators to hide videos that included any political messages or themes, not just those related to China.”

TikTok is both an audacious attempt to extend Chinese global media reach and a fun app that promotes joy. Those two realities aren’t mutually exclusive. In fact, they’re symbiotic. According to the documents obtained by the Guardian, TikTok censored numerous subjects that extend beyond the obvious topics deemed dangerous to the Chinese state. According to the Guardian’s reporting on the directives in the documents, TikTok suppressed videos about “a specific list of 20 ‘foreign leaders or sensitive figures’ including Kim Jong-il, Kim Il-sung, Mahatma Gandhi, Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Kim Jong-un, [and] Shinzo Abe.” Think of how much social media vitriol is generated by figures on that list, and it’s easy to understand why a fun app would want to blacklist those politically divisive figures.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...tok-229890
11-03-2019, 08:10 PM
actually now that I think about it, the NBA thing may have been planned to set the stage to BAN TIK TOK
11-03-2019, 08:11 PM
google doesn't collect info on 13 year olds? You bet your ass they do. Where is their fine? and facebook doesn't?

Quote:Perhaps more important, nowhere did Lorenz mention TikTok paid a $5.7 million fine to the U.S. government earlier this year. The fine, paid to settle violations identified by the FTC, involved the illegal collection of “names, email addresses, pictures and locations of kids under age 13,” as the Washington Post reported, adding that it was “a record penalty for violations of the nation’s child privacy law.” One would think a feature article celebrating a social media app’s enormous popularity among American teens would note that it had not only demographically targeted users younger than 13, but that it had also admitted illegally collecting information about them.
11-03-2019, 08:11 PM
that 5.7 million is a shakedown charge. expect MORE to come
11-03-2019, 08:15 PM
[Image: instagramfromfacebookfeat-800x420.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif]
11-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Instagram "by facebook"

i'm sure that's a catchy way to attract Generation Z

american corporate OUT OF TOUCH MENTALITY
11-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Tik Tok is basically the first worldwide media platform not dominated by the Western elite.

they are equating TIK TOK with RT now

LMFAO
11-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Oh noes, shut it down!

Teens on TikTok have no clue they’re perpetuating racist stereotypes
By Brianna Holt November 1, 2019

When TikTok launched in 2016, the Chinese app had to carve out a space alongside already popular video-sharing platforms like Instagram, Musical.ly, and Dubsmash. Just two years later, TikTok became the world’s most-downloaded app, surpassing Instagram in 2018.

TikTok is known for its trending internet challenges—like the Haribo Challenge, Fake Travel Challenge, and Raindrop Challenge—with the stunts oftentimes screen-recorded and then posted to other social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. The Chinese-built app also has created a new wave of internet personas, like E-girls and E-boys. But if TikTok is a place where internet memes with teenage appeal get turned into videos featuring real-life teens, it’s also a place where the phenomenon of white teens perpetuating racist stereotypes is on the rise.

Blackface without the face paint
Videos from TikTok are surfacing all over the internet, oftentimes featuring white teens imitating stereotypical lifestyles or characteristics of black people or other people of color. As they nonchalantly change their accents, use appropriated slang terms, and demonstrate certain mannerisms for comedy, it’s obvious there is a gap in their understanding of, and respect for, different cultures. Videos of mostly young white teens portraying fictitious minority characters for the mere purpose of entertainment aren’t only cringe-worthy, offensive, and weird—they perpetuate racist cliches.

A plethora of young white women like Woah Vicky, who masquerade as black women on Instagram, have made names for themselves on social media for their heightened culture appropriation. It’s not altogether different from what happened to Rachel Dolezal, the white woman who passed as a black woman for years and held leadership positions in black community organizations. While the videos populating TikTok tend not to show teens wearing blackface or blatantly referring to themselves as black people, their stars are taking everything but the burden of what it is to be black in America while simultaneously using black culture as a way to grow their own social following.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1738478/how-teens...ereotypes/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unmasking the Golden State Killer: dark investigation into Joseph DeAngelo pilgrim 10 165 07-04-2020 10:52 AM
Last Post: Billygoat
  I CALLED IT! NATURAL LIFE CYCLE SYSTEM EVOLUTION..... karasu 18 267 06-24-2020 01:54 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Undercover Investigation - Minneapolis Riot Was Preplanned pilgrim 11 268 06-21-2020 09:30 PM
Last Post: KurtDangle
  The National Guard have arrived in Minnesota. they ain't messing around pug-thug 2 131 05-31-2020 11:29 PM
Last Post: pug-thug