Login | Register

Nate Diaz fails drug test. Out of UFC 244 for BMF Belt.
10-25-2019, 10:29 AM
Nate Diaz fails drug test. Out of UFC 244 for BMF Belt.
The UFC is just becoming a big pile of nonsense now...

By: Mike Bohn | October 24, 2019 6:04 pm

The fight to determine the “Baddest Mother (Expletive)” in the game at UFC 244 could be in jeopardy.

Nate Diaz (20-11 MMA, 15-9 UFC) announced Thursday he’s out of next week’s UFC 244 headliner with Jorge Masvidal (34-13 MMA, 11-6 UFC), apparently due to a drug testing issue with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Diaz took to social media to release a statement on the situation, claiming innocence when it comes to taking any banned substances and insisting on a mistake from the other end (via Twitter):

I’m not gonna make it out to NYC for fight week next week because they say I tested with elevated levels that they say might be from some tainted supplements. I call false on that cause I only take Whole Food or natural food supplements. I don’t even eat meat. So until UFC, USADA or whoever is FUCKING with me fixed it, I won’t be competing. I’m not gonna play their game and try to hide it or keep quiet, as they suggested. I’m not gonna have my name tainted as a cheater like these other motherfuckers who keep quiet until after the fight just so they can get paid. Fuckin’ cheaters. I don’t give a fuck about some money over my dignity and my legacy. I’m not playing along with this bullshit. I’m not staying quiet and figuring it out after the fight. That’s cheating. So fight game I’ll see you when I see you.

Sincerely,

The real baddest mother (expletive) in the game.

What Diaz’s potential withdrawal means for UFC 244, which takes place Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York, remains to be seen.

Diaz’s publicist and UFC officials were did immediately respond when contacted by MMA Junkie for comment.
</i>

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/n...upplements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Nate Diaz fails drug test. Out of UFC 244 for BMF Belt.
i dont' think he dopes. it has to be a mistake
10-25-2019, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2019 01:42 PM by pilgrim.)
A couple of his team mates, Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez have failed drug tests in the past. Not sure if that means anything but he was obviously willing to train with cheaters.

Somebody on another forum made the point that the people that are always making the accusations are often the ones hiding something. Nate always made a point that everybody was cheating so maybe he was referring to himself also.
10-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Good on him for telling them to stick it.
10-26-2019, 11:17 AM
(10-25-2019 05:46 PM)Redneck Wrote:  Good on him for telling them to stick it.

I think he's doing the right thing. Even if he wins they will say he won using roids. Plus they could take the win away from him later.

If he loses people will mock him and say he couldn't win even when cheating.

It's a no-win fight at this point for him.
10-26-2019, 11:17 AM
[Image: Q0QNy6q.png]
10-26-2019, 12:42 PM
the Size/Strength thing was the original appeal to showcase the effectiveness of JiuJitsu. It was like one of those comic-book ads. Royce was marketed as being small but 6'1" isn't really all that small. And now it's not just size/strength which matters but one also needs to take PEDs.

I just can't relate to that. So I just decided that walking, tumbling, pepper-spray is probably the best martial art for meTongue
10-26-2019, 02:56 PM
Tested positive for NOTHING.

Elevated levels.
10-27-2019, 02:22 AM
Ligandrol.

LOL

"dietary supplements" what should have been "new drugs" or "prescription drugs"

Really? Literally the FDA and USADA get to decide what is a supplement and what is a prescription drug. You would think we WANT to know ways to increase human health, fitness, athletic performance.
10-28-2019, 10:52 PM
(10-26-2019 12:42 PM)karasu Wrote:  the Size/Strength thing was the original appeal to showcase the effectiveness of JiuJitsu. It was like one of those comic-book ads. Royce was marketed as being small but 6'1" isn't really all that small. And now it's not just size/strength which matters but one also needs to take PEDs.

I just can't relate to that. So I just decided that walking, tumbling, pepper-spray is probably the best martial art for meTongue

Tumbling?

So, if you are attacked, you just tumble on down the street?

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
10-29-2019, 03:33 AM
(10-28-2019 10:52 PM)Redneck Wrote:  
(10-26-2019 12:42 PM)karasu Wrote:  the Size/Strength thing was the original appeal to showcase the effectiveness of JiuJitsu. It was like one of those comic-book ads. Royce was marketed as being small but 6'1" isn't really all that small. And now it's not just size/strength which matters but one also needs to take PEDs.

Tumbling?

So, if you are attacked, you just tumble on down the street?

the tumbling skills learned in Taijutsu or Systema are probably the most useful skill for defense against highest probability of threat to one's physical structure. The potential for taking a surprise tumble is probably more common than menacing assault by hoodlums.

of course with some creative imagination, what is developed in tumbling can be translated into some self-defense application if needed.

I believe Jeremy Horn had a background in Taijutsu and Mark Shultz a background in gymnastics training which provides example to the excellent martial foundation provided by tumbling.

Aikido tumbling is also good, Judo is okay but Taijutsu/Systema is more practical where the focus is not on slapping the mat and expressing the breaking/stopping of a fall but instead an organic continuation of movement

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Masvidal nate diaz HLs pug-thug 2 114 11-11-2019 06:23 AM
Last Post: pilgrim
  UFC just posted the 1st UFC in its entirety in HD on YT pug-thug 37 25,702 08-26-2019 07:44 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  Nick Diaz Steals Rampage's girl pug-thug 2 376 05-22-2019 07:10 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Nate Diaz got paid 7 million for his last fight? pug-thug 2 797 04-23-2019 01:59 AM
Last Post: max power