Login | Register

FLESH eaters can rejoice!
10-07-2019, 12:25 PM
A Chinese hog farmer is breeding giant, polar bear-sized pigs that weigh over 1,100 pounds, while the country contends with pork shortages----

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-ho...ge-2019-10
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2019, 11:43 PM
That's an OG sized hog!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
10-08-2019, 02:40 AM
RE: FLESH eaters can rejoice!
* Goes into the woods and shoots two deer in celebration * TongueSmileBig Grin
10-08-2019, 05:22 AM
(10-08-2019 02:40 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  .
* Goes into the woods and shoots two deer in celebration * TongueSmileBig Grin

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
10-11-2019, 02:18 AM
11-year-old girl harvests 1 buck, 2 does her first time hunting

BIRNAMWOOD, Wis (WSAW) -- An 11-year-old girl from Birnamwood is grinning ear to ear after a very successful youth hunt during the Youth Hunt weekend.

Aubrie Jehn says it was her first time in the woods hunting with her dad when she brought home three deer.

“She came to me and said that she wanted to hunt,” said Derrick Jehn, Aubrie’s dad. “I was a little surprised because she hasn’t shown a lot of interest in hunting before.”

Of course, her dad said ‘yes’ and took her out hunting just as he did multiple times with his older children. After a few practice shots, they headed to the woods near Aubrie’s grandma’s house. Within the 72 hours, she bagged two does and one large buck.

“At first I didn’t realize how big the buck was,” said Aubrie. “It was far away so when we tracked it down I saw how big it was and it was bigger than I expected.”

For this to be her first time hunting her dad was very impressed by her skills.

“She shot really well,” he said. “I was in the Marines for four years doing active duty. She made me look bad out there,” he laughed. “I was really impressed.”

Aubrie credits her dad for encouraging her. She says its time well spent she will always remember.

“It was nice to have someone there who can appreciate you and be there for you,” she said as she smiled at her dad.

The Jehns plan to go on a lot more hunting adventures together in the future. As for the buck, the family plans to mount the head as a trophy of Aubrie's hard work.

[Image: Still1009_0000111.jpg]

https://www.wsaw.com/content/news/11-yea...81581.html

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F8...amp;nofb=1]
10-11-2019, 02:34 AM
when I go out into nature and see some animal like a deer I just never think "I need to kill that animal". I see animals all the time when I go out walking in nature but why do I need to kill one when I can go to the supermarket and get what I need?

I also don't need a whole freezer full of deer. Maybe I want some humanely raised fish or chicken? I just don't need that much FLESHTongue
10-11-2019, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 02:46 AM by pilgrim.)
If you ever saw how chickens were raised for your dinner table you would never call it humane again.

A sample from an article...

But modern large-scale farming practices (“factory farming”) give chickens no opportunity to behave according to their nature. Quite the contrary—the reality of the life and death of factory-farmed chickens, both those raised for meat and those used to lay eggs, is shocking.

As in all factory-farming industries, chicken production is designed for maximum efficiency and maximum profit. With these goals, regard for the welfare of the animals involved is a luxury that reduces profits unless the extra costs can be passed on to the consumer (as on the much-publicized but less frequently seen “free-range” meat and egg farms). The results are overcrowding, disease, high death rates, and observable unhappiness for the animals involved.

“Broiler” chickens

Many people believe that chicken, especially the breast of the chicken, is healthier to eat than “red meat.” Chicken consumption has consequently risen dramatically over the last few decades as more and more people make the switch. The birds raised for meat, called “broilers” by the industry, are the product of genetic manipulation that has drastically increased breast and thigh tissue (the most popular parts of the animal) and produced a very rapid growth rate that outstrips the development of their legs and organs. Broilers raised in this way are supposed to reach “slaughter weight” at just six or seven weeks of age, but the death toll is very high. The growth of abnormally heavy bodies causes crippling and painful skeletal deformities, and the overburdening of the birds’ underdeveloped cardiopulmonary systems often causes congestive heart failure before they are six weeks old. Some broiler chickens who do not succumb to these problems still die of thirst, because they are physically unable to even reach the water nozzles in their sheds. Other common causes of death pre-slaughter are heat prostration, cancer—in an animal less than seven weeks old—and infectious diseases.

Broiler-chicken facilities tend to be extremely overcrowded, with tens of thousands of birds crammed into a single closed broiler house. Each chicken is given less than a square foot of space, so hardly any floor is actually visible. The birds are unable to roam, to scratch, or, indeed, to avoid each other at all. Their instinct to live in a hierarchical community is thwarted, and social tension results. Chickens living in these stressful conditions will peck and fight with each other, which has led chicken producers to the “solution” of debeaking chicks shortly after they hatch in order to minimize damage. This debeaking process, like much else in factory farming, is run assembly-line fashion, without anesthesia; the chicks are placed beak-first into an apparatus that quickly cuts the tips off the beaks with a hot blade.

It is impossible, in such an atmosphere, to maintain health and cleanliness. The chickens’ excretions pile up, and the resulting ammonia fumes become so strong that they burn the birds’ eyes, and blindness results. Reports from observers say that birds with “ammonia burn” rub their eyes with their wings and emit cries of pain. Other health problems include the proliferation of Salmonella bacteria, which can remain on the slaughtered birds and so frequently cause threats to human health that special chicken-meat handling practices are invariably recommended by health authorities.

http://advocacy.britannica.com/blog/advo...-chickens/

Enjoy your chicken, Karasu!
10-11-2019, 07:01 AM
which is why I support HUMANELY raised farming practice which would probably result in reduce MASS excessive consumption of FLESH
10-11-2019, 07:07 AM
this is interesting to ponder:

"Christian vegetarianism is the practice of keeping to a vegetarian lifestyle for reasons connected to or derived from the Christian faith. The three primary reasons are spiritual, nutritional, and ethical. The ethical reasons may include a concern for God's creation or a concern for animal welfare (or both)

Vegetarianism was widespread in the early Church, among both the clergy and laity

Some religious orders of various Christian Churches practice strict Christian vegetarianism, including the Franciscans, Trappists, Trappistines, Carthusians and Cistercians.[4] Various Church leaders have recommended vegetarianism, including John Wesley (founder of the Methodist Church), William and Catherine Booth (founders of The Salvation Army), William Cowherd from the Bible Christian Church and Ellen G. White from the Seventh-day Adventists.[5][6][7][8] Cowherd, who founded the Bible Christian Church in 1809, helped to establish the world's first Vegetarian Society in 1847.[9]

"there is a long-standing tradition of vegetarianism in Christian history".[12] The two most prominent forms are a spirituality-based vegetarianism (where vegetarianism is adopted as an ascetic practice, or as a way of opposing the sin of gluttony, in the hope it will draw the person to God) and an ethically-based vegetarianism (where it is adopted for ethical reasons; for example, those to do with the treatment of non-human animals).

Genesis 1:29–30 which decrees a plant-based diet for all creatures. Genesis 1:26–28 has, it is acknowledged by Christian vegetarians, often been used to justify the eating of animals.[16] But this is a mistake, they suggest. Once it is recognized that humans are given dominion over creation, and that in the very next verse humans are prescribed a plant-based diet, it will become apparent that dominion should be understood in terms of servant-hood: humans are called to rule creation in the sense of caring for it and seeking its flourishing, just as a good Sovereign would seek the flourishing of his or her realm.[17] In a survey of the scholarly literature on the relevant Hebrew terms, Carol J. Adams lists governing, ruling, shepherding, caring-for, nurturing, and leading about as potential ways of understanding dominion, and notes that the common characteristic of these concepts "is their benignity".[18]-----

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_vegetarianism
10-11-2019, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 07:44 AM by pilgrim.)
So you've decided to become a meat free, low testosterone, high estrogen soy based human?

STOP!!! Don't do it, Karasu!

[Image: 7a83ade5d447a484af29626f12fe4bfe.jpg]
10-11-2019, 08:33 AM
LOL, I'm not there but I have a curious mind for contemplation and so ponder different perspectives

I have reduced my FLESH consumption and probably consume much less than the average American and there are some days when I don't consume FLESH.

sometimes I feel a temptation for FLESH and other times the idea of consuming FLESH seems grotesque to me, almost cannibalistic because really, it seems consuming animal FLESH is nearly the same form of matter as consuming human FLESH and then I think killing is killing, same murderous act of taking a life so my mind considers all these things.....
10-11-2019, 08:40 AM
I really enjoy some rich FLESH FREE risottos, curries, pastas, breads, grains(like warming bowl of oatmeal or oatmeal cookies), waffles, pancakes, crepes, potato dishes, FREE RANGE eggs to make a quiche or frittata.....so many tasty things I enjoy where FLESH consumption is unnecessary so it's been easy for me to reduce my consumption of FLESH
10-11-2019, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 08:52 AM by pilgrim.)
Read this, it's eye opening. It's from a person on the carnivore diet.

I had an Orange last night. I cave in sometimes, too but 99% of my nutrition comes from animal products: red meat, organ meats, collagen supplement, eggs, hard cheeses, etc.
im 5’10 160lb, mostly muscle. I went from not being able to walk to the toilet (legs looked like sticks) to deadlifting 300lb just a few months ago. I owe it all to the diet. I simply wasn’t healing/recovering when I was on keto or eating anything else.

if you really think about it in the simplest form it makes perfect sense. We evolved from hunters and gatherers. If you want to improve the meat on your body, eat more meat. If you want to improve the broccoli on your body, eat more broccoli. Enjoy life, it’s short. But I rather live at this peak that keeps improving than to be a prisoner to the food industry.
10-11-2019, 01:08 PM
hmmm......well, I do not need to be a vanity obsessed muscle-bod and I'm okay with a reasonable looking Trim-Fit adequate to my age condition.

I do not need to lift 300lbs. If I need to lift something so heavy I will use my brain and request some comrade to help me with that strenuous endeavor so as not to unreasonably over-exert myself

enjoyment of food is a pleasure and result of evolution. my ancestors did not spend all that time evolving so that I could deprive myself of contemporary pleasures.

I do not believe that long-term data has proven a FLESH diet is advantageous and perhaps there are other factors at work in that example such as maybe the fellow was mostly sedentary and just forced himself to begin exercising which was also an contributing cause for his change in situation.

I will stick with my current trend of evolution
10-12-2019, 10:12 AM
why do most Western FIRST WORLD Nations consider gross to eat some brains, genitals......perhaps a boiled or roast HEAD picking off the FLESH and sucking on some eyeballs with a side of genitals to chew on yet do not find the concept of consuming other cuts of FLESH to be so equally grotesque?

do we consider it repulsive because in fact it is a bit barbaric to consume FLESH?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Martin Luther King started the ‘Intl Association for the Advancement of Pussy-Eaters' pug-thug 6 630 06-02-2019 10:43 AM
Last Post: THE_DEAN
  Dolce & Gabanna BOSS calls China a shit country full of dog eaters in DMs pug-thug 29 2,637 05-18-2019 12:44 AM
Last Post: Banchan
  Flesh and Steel = Nephilim jscorbett 3 1,286 06-10-2014 01:12 PM
Last Post: sparkuri
  Are Eskimos the biggest blubber eaters eva ? superCalo 23 8,617 04-11-2014 10:30 PM
Last Post: Som-Pong