Little by little one will travel far.
Unknown

To lose patience is to lose the battle.
Mahatma Gandhi

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
St. Augustine

Impatience never commanded success.
Edwin H. Chapin

Impatience for victory, guarantees defeat.
Louis XIV

He who goes slowly, goes well and goes far.
Italian Proverb

He who would leap high must take a long run.
Danish Proverb

Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.
Debbie Millman

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anything important happens pretty damn slowly.
Shane Parrish - Farnam Street

It takes 20 years to make an overnight success.
Eddie Cantor

Take your time: much may be gained by patience.
Latin Proverb

Stop rushing things that aren't meant to be rushed.
Unknown

A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains.
Dutch proverb

The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.
Leo Tolstoy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Empowering Quotes
in!

Great ThreadBig Grin
10-06-2019, 12:11 PM
“Therefore it is the paradox of history that each generation is converted by the saint who contradicts it most.”

― G. K. Chesterton

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7751697...generation
10-06-2019, 12:21 PM

“One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name”

― Walter Scott
10-06-2019, 12:28 PM
It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.
Benito Mussolini
10-06-2019, 12:43 PM
“If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." -Jesus
10-10-2019, 01:06 AM
"It always seems impossible until it's done"

By Nelson Mandela i believe

This one sticks with me for quite some time now and proven itself as very valuable in confronting situations

as comes another to mind..

"Every journey begins with a single step"

Probably with some inspirational pic from facebook LOL But never underestimate the wisdom and proverbs gained from past generations. They make you believe these are hollow and meaningless quotes but remember some of them and the wisdom of humanity can help you in hard times
10-10-2019, 04:20 AM
Don't be appropriating those quotes from racist white folks now.
10-10-2019, 05:43 AM
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom.-----

Rumi
10-10-2019, 11:22 AM
The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet.

Titus Flavius Vespasian
10-11-2019, 07:53 PM
From the great W.C Fields

Quote:If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.

Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
10-11-2019, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 08:10 PM by Skookum Charlie.)
From the Book of Quotations of Prince Philip himself, the living God of Tanna (peace be upon him).

Quote:Celebrities

To pop star Tom Jones in 1969: ‘What do you gargle with, pebbles.’

More on Tom Jones: ‘It's hard to see how he is popular. He sings the most hideous songs.’

On Elton John, in 2001: ‘I wish he'd turn the microphone off.’

To Elton John in 2001: ‘So it's you that owns that ghastly car is it?’

On hearing Madonna was to perform in 2002: ‘Are we going to need earplugs?’

His job

Visiting Canada, 1969: ‘I declare this thing open, whatever it is.’

Visiting Canada in 1976: ‘We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.’

Shouted to the Queen during an official visit to Belize in 1994: ‘Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on.’

To an RAF photographer at a Battle of Britain commemoration, 2015: ‘Just take the f***ing picture.’

On his 1986 tour of Beijing, and his impression of Stoke-On-Trent in 1997: ‘Ghastly.’

To survivors of the Lockerbie terrorist atrocity, in 1993: ‘People usually say that after a fire it is water damage that is the worst. We are still drying out Windsor Castle.’

On opening the new British Embassy in Berlin in 2000: ‘It's a vast waste of space.’

His family

On Prince Andrew and Fergie’s extravagant house in 1988: ‘It looks like a tart's bedroom.’

On a 1974 IRA kidnap attempt made against Princess Anne: ‘If the man had succeeded in abducting Anne, she would have given him a hell of a time while in captivity.’

On Princess Anne: ‘If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she's not interested.’

To the Queen on her coronation: ‘Where did you get that hat?’

On Prince William’s desire to drop out of university: 'He needs to knuckle down and not wimp out.’

To Princess Di on her anguish over Prince Charles’ infidelity: ‘I am quite ready to concede that I have no talent as a marriage counsellor.’

The marginalised

During the British economic downturn of 1981: ‘Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed’.

On mental health care in the modern armed forces, 1995: ‘We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking “Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?” You just got on with it.’

Talking to a deaf couple who were standing near a live band in 1999: ‘Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf.’

To a young child who said he wanted to go into space, in 2001: ‘You're too fat to be an astronaut.’

To a blind woman in 2002: ‘Do you know they're now producing eating dogs for anorexics?’

To a disabled pensioner in a motor scooter, 2012: ‘How many people have you knocked over this morning on that thing?’

To an elderly man at the Charterhouse almshouse, 2017: ‘You look starved.’

Racism and cultural insensitivity:

At 1986 WWF event: ‘If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.’

During a visit to Scotland in 1995: ‘How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?’

To school children in Cardiff in 2012: ‘You must have really good brains to speak Welsh.’

Referring to a fuse box during a 1999 factory visit: ‘It looks as if it was put in by an Indian.’

Talking to a British student in China in 1986: ‘If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.’

Taking a gift from Kenyan woman in 1984: ‘You are a woman, aren't you?’

Speaking to a British man in Budapest in 1993: ‘You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly.’

Speaking to a wealthy Cayman Islander in 1994: "’Aren't most of you descended from pirates?’

Speaking to fellow visitors to Papua New Guinea in 1998: ‘You managed not to get eaten, then?’

To an indigenous Australian business person, in 2002: ‘Do you still throw spears at each other?’

In France, 2002: ‘The French don't know how to cook breakfast.’

Sexism:

To a Scottish female politician, regarding tartan: ‘Do you have a pair of knickers made out of this?’

‘British women can't cook’ (1966).

To a female council worker wearing a dress which featured a prominent zip, 2012: ‘I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress.’

On marriage: ‘When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.”

Australia:

On refusing to touch a koala in 1992: ‘Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease.’

Himself

On turning 90 in 2011: ‘Bits are beginning to drop off.’

On the Queen’s choice to name her children Windsor, rather than Mountbatten: ‘I'm just a bloody amoeba.
10-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Habit will be your champion. When you train the mind to think one way and one way only, when you refuse to allow it to think in another, that will produce great strength in battle." -gates of fire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How Satanism is Empowering the Trans Community kungfool 4 772 02-25-2019 03:44 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Founder of Zionism, Theodore Herzl...interesting/shocking quotes pug-thug 19 10,682 01-15-2019 03:28 PM
  Quotes from a prominent progressive democrat. You may be surprised pug-thug 7 3,372 08-31-2016 06:50 AM
  Real Quotes From Donald Trump About Women Attack Add Dagwood 10 5,582 03-20-2016 02:07 PM
Last Post: GMB13