Login | Register

Addiction Biology Study: Cannabis triggers Psychosis
09-10-2019, 11:56 PM
Addiction Biology Study: Cannabis triggers Psychosis
New study explores the effects of cannabis on brain neurochemistry

A new Addiction Biology study provides the first evidence of a blunted response to stress-induced dopamine signaling in the brain's prefrontal cortex in individuals at high risk for psychosis who regularly used cannabis.

Little is known about the effects of cannabis on brain neurochemistry, and specifically about its impact on dopamine signaling. Of note, a recent analysis found a dose-response relationship between higher cannabis use and increased risk for schizophrenia, a condition associated with abnormal dopamine synthesis and release in the brain.

This latest study's results are important given the global trend to legalize cannabis and the growing evidence of the increased risks for psychosis in vulnerable youth.

Regular cannabis use has a profound effect on cortical dopamine function, in particular in relation to the stress response, which is critical for young adults at risk for psychosis. These results highlight the need for further research on the impact of cannabis on brain neurochemistry, especially in populations at risk for psychosis."

Senior author Romina Mizrahi, MD, PhD, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto

https://www.news-medical.net/news/201908...istry.aspx

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2019, 11:56 PM
RE: Addiction Biology Study: Cannabis triggers Psychosis
Regular cannabis use has a profound effect on cortical dopamine function, in particular in relation to the stress response, which is critical for young adults at risk for psychosis. These results highlight the need for further research on the impact of cannabis on brain neurochemistry, especially in populations at risk for psychosis."

Senior author Romina Mizrahi, MD, PhD, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto
09-11-2019, 12:12 AM
i have seen this first hand

In addition I have seen COUNTLESS TIME people who regularly smoke pot appearing highly paranoid

preferring to sit in corners or thinking they were going to get robbed
09-11-2019, 04:05 AM
I have also rarely if ever met a conservative that was a heavy pot smoker.

I think Pot orients people towards the left, it rewires their brains.

Probably why Soros put 100 million into pot legalization
09-13-2019, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2019 04:01 AM by Queefbrah297.)
I love cannabis, it helped me a lot during my depression and it took away the need to drink alcohol and party. I still use it daily at night for sleeping and relaxation, i feel just fine. But it isn't for everybody because not all brain's are wired the same. And should be used when your 25 or older.
09-13-2019, 04:18 AM
welcome to the forum queefbrah
09-13-2019, 05:56 AM
I think like most things, 'moderate' use is not the worst. Extreme use can for sure lead to problems. I don't think children should be smoking it, for sure.

If you are digging trenches in the rain... Go for it.

If you are driving a big rig, nah.

Giving smart phones to kids is a lot more dangerous than allowing young adults to smoke marijuana.
09-13-2019, 10:01 AM
it is devastating to a growing mind

plus

if this stuff is so liberating why is the govt promoting it?

You say taxes, but they could then legalize other types of drugs as well for tax revenue.

but they are mostly pushing MJ.

If it was about taxes , then they would be pushing CIGS more because the taxes are astronomical on cigs.

In addition, if the cancer industry is a business, they would have no problems with more cancer patients.

MJ pushes people towards the liberal one world agenda... nearly all potheads I know are left leaning progressives.

and if they aren't they are conspiracy theory libertarian types
09-13-2019, 10:26 AM
(09-13-2019 10:01 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  it is devastating to a growing mind

plus

if this stuff is so liberating why is the govt promoting it?

You say taxes, but they could then legalize other types of drugs as well for tax revenue.

but they are mostly pushing MJ.

If it was about taxes , then they would be pushing CIGS more because the taxes are astronomical on cigs.

In addition, if the cancer industry is a business, they would have no problems with more cancer patients.

MJ pushes people towards the liberal one world agenda... nearly all potheads I know are left leaning progressives.

and if they aren't they are conspiracy theory libertarian types

Yes it is...that's why i recommend it 25 years or older.
09-13-2019, 11:58 AM
Cannabis induces bodily liberation, a keystone of liberal philosophy. LIbido dominandi

Civilization requires BODILY PHYSICAL INHIBITION

in order stay out of jail, maintain a family, keep a job etc. you basically have to RESTRAIN PHYSICAL DESIRE and IMPULSES

in order to create a nanny state white liberal racists must have an army of weakened degenerated people. and they will do this through DRUG PROMOTION

drugs are killing people at an alarming rate in the US, but liberals will never bash the drug promotion in hip hop music
09-13-2019, 11:34 PM
When i was younger i smoked weed on a regular basis, alone or with friends but still quite moderate i guess. I know the stories from people going paranoia but i do think that for that to happen you have to abuse the hell out of that stuff for a long period of time. And if you do feel the need to do so there was probably something wrong with your mental health to start with. The same goes for alcohol, but much much quicker.

Here you can buy the weed at shops for as long as i can remember. During or after school we would go to the coffee shop and buy some stuff and have a nice day so to say. This was in the 90's early 2000. Now the policy is much stricter and the fines bigger if you sell weed or hasj to minors. You have to be 21 to buy it. Some shops are very strict, others not so.

I do think it is bad for young people to start with it as it has the tendancy to make you more passive with heavy use and highschool kids have less sense of boundries

These days i still prefer the weed or Hasj before alcohol. I do like to drink a good whiskey and or rum and it's become rarely that i smoke but i still find the weed is much more gentle on your physique. + that when the mood is good and somebody cracks a good joke you can just let it go and start lauging till the tears come. That also feels kind a liberating. As adults it is harder to have good moments and really laugh i guess

I think it al boils down to moderate use of anything. Alcohol, weed, food etc.

Opio, Free The Robots - Blow Sum Smoke

09-14-2019, 03:05 AM
Yes, I think it is easy for someone that is young to think that "if a little bit of this (alcohol, marijuana) is good, a lot must be better!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  European Jews Largely of Khazar Origin, Oxford Study pug-thug 70 22,674 03-25-2019 05:25 PM
Last Post: jho
  OXYCONTIN MAKER EXPLORED EXPANSION INTO “ATTRACTIVE” ANTI-ADDICTION MARKET pug-thug 3 575 02-12-2019 09:49 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Study: Millions of Latinos have Partial Jewish Ancestry from Conversos pug-thug 6 697 12-29-2018 03:05 PM
Last Post: Skookum Charlie
  Sodium isn't that unhealthy for you imo - Korean Case study pug-thug 27 5,100 12-25-2018 04:23 AM
Last Post: pug-thug