Login | Register

The Meaning Of The Iran-China Deal
09-10-2019, 12:07 PM
The Meaning Of The Iran-China Deal
In return, China will invest some US$80bn over the next five years to upgrade Iran’s energy production facilities and infrastructure (and possibly much more over the following 20 years). And to safeguard its investments, Beijing will deploy “up to 5,000 Chinese security personnel on the ground in Iran,” as well as protecting shipments of Iranian oil from the Persian Gulf to China.

The benefits of such a deal to Tehran are manifold. It gets much-needed inward investment. It secures a market for its oil and gas. It breaks its dependence on the US dollar. It gets a deterrent against possible US or Israeli military strikes against its energy industry. And it reduces its economic dependence on powers that would otherwise insist it curtail its nuclear program. In short, it gets to thumb its nose at the West, and at Washington in particular.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-09-0...china-deal

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2019, 12:07 PM
RE: The Meaning Of The Iran-China Deal
A lot of this trade war shit is prob related to preventing China from cozying up to Iran.

Just like I said ages ago.

If China eases up from being friendly to Iran, then the TRADE shit goes away.

Me right again.
09-11-2019, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2019 06:24 PM by pilgrim.)
RE: The Meaning Of The Iran-China Deal
(09-10-2019 12:07 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  A lot of this trade war shit is prob related to preventing China from cozying up to Iran.

Just like I said ages ago.

If China eases up from being friendly to Iran, then the TRADE shit goes away.

Me right again.

You made up a false narrative just for a reason to pat yourself on the back?

now you want others to pat you on the back? Smile

[Image: Lemur-requires-scratch-his-back.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The One-Eye Sign: Its Origins and Occult Meaning pug-thug 9 694 06-27-2019 03:30 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian
  Deal gives China access to war room mapping software used by US Military pug-thug 1 567 11-17-2018 07:46 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Leaked Netanyahu tape: We made Trump nix Iran deal jho 2 709 07-19-2018 05:17 AM
  Myth, Story and The Meaning what 10 3,924 07-17-2018 07:06 AM