Login | Register

Gina Carano is in Star Wars
08-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Gina Carano is in Star Wars
Bearding for the Superman actor really paid off in a big way:

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2019, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2019 07:03 AM by Chaos Reigns.)
RE: Gina Carano is in Star Wars
[Image: cavill-carano-18th-annual-critics-choice...rds-02.jpg]

That must be weird contract to sign, because if you are seen publicly with other dudes it will defeat the whole purpose.

The wall is approaching though. She will keep her looks due to her fitness, but her chances of having children are fast declining. Everyone thought she would meat bomb after leaving MMA but apparently no.
08-28-2019, 10:18 AM
I like her though. The shyness makes her come across as really sane and self aware. Well at least that's how I fantasize her lol.

she does appear to be meatbombing in this interview unfortunately.

08-29-2019, 04:41 AM
(08-28-2019 10:18 AM)CTsar Wrote:  I like her though. The shyness makes her come across as really sane and self aware. Well at least that's how I fantasize her lol.

she does appear to be meatbombing in this interview unfortunately.

I didn't even recognize her in Deadpool 2. I was like who's this pretty faced chubbster? lol
08-29-2019, 08:19 AM
yeah she keeps getting these AAA roles while being out of shape and having no acting skills whatsoever. Her athletic background doesn't matter much when even people like Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson can play superheroes. The gay mafia just owed her a favor.
08-29-2019, 09:24 AM
I posted the following review of the Haywire movie a few years ago on another forum. It drew out a few of the usual suspect trolls, lol.

My Review of Gina Carano's Haywire Movie

So I finally got around to watching Haywire on DVD.

Plot and Character Development

Granted, most people don't watch B action movies for plot and characters, but it helps set the stage so to speak to cover these items.

Gina plays Mallory Kane, an ex-marine who now works for a mercenary security outfit on ad hoc special assignments. The Michael Douglas character hires the company that employs Kane to rescue a hostage in Barcelona. After this mission is accomplished, Kane is sent on a second mission in Dublin undercover as a husband and wife along with the Michael Fassbender character. It is the second mission that goes "haywire", leading Kane to find out why and by whom she was set up.

The basic problem here is that there are too many lead characters, subplots and locations to keep straight and adequately develop. The Michael Douglas character would have been better as a "Bosley" style voice in a box. Similarly, the Channing Tatum character, meant to be a love interest for Gina, should have been deleted in leiu of developing the relationship, both romantic and professional, between Kane and the Ewan McGregor character. This relationship with the Channing Tatum character also stretched Gina's acting ability unnecessarily for her feature film debut. Deleting or reducing the above two characters would have allowed more time to develop the relationship between Kane and her father (played by Bill Paxton), for example.

Also, I would have combined the Antonio Banderas and the Mathieu Kassovitz bad guy characters into one. Like Bond movies, B action movies work best with a clearly defined villain and not as a mystery whodunit.
Finally, I would have had the two missions take place back-to-back in the same general location without the San Diego interregnum that unfortunately and unnecessarily reduced the tension and made the plot harder to follow.

Acting

The performances, including Gina's, were adequate. The one exception was Antonio Banderas. What a talent this guy is! The character that was written for him was not one of the more interesting ones, but he still gives a stellar performance. He should have been given more screen time (see Plot above and Fight Scences below).

Fight Scenes

Ok, this is what most of Gina's fans wanted to see and here the movie does not disappoint. There are three major fight scenes. The first takes place in a roadhouse diner in upstate New York with Channing Tatum. Gina finishes this fight with an armbar after an incredibly elaborate setup. The second fight occurs in a hotel room with Michael Fassbender. After much breaking of furniture, Gina finishes this fight with a triangle submission and a bang (get your mind out of the gutters!). The third fight occurs on a beach with Ewan McGregor and is more of a knock down drag out affair. A fourth fight, with Antonio Banderas, is implied, but, alas, not brought to fruition.

There was one extended car chase scene that would have been understandable if this were a Danica Patrick vehicle (pun intended) but should have been eliminated or greatly reduced in favor of the implied fourth fight mentioned above.

Hollywood Gay Mafia (HGM)

Understandably, the HGM attempted to sabotage the budding career of Gina Carano, an attractive woman who looks like, well, like a woman. The HGM have a well known preference for Hollywood leading ladies who look like thirteen year old young men.

First, in the upstate New York scenes, Gina was made up to look like "Chyna" from the old WWE days. "Chyna" of course was not Chinese, and Gina Carano is no "Chyna", despite the best efforts of the HGM.

Secondly, and more insidiously, the HGM substituted for the voice of Gina the gravelly voice of a roided up female bodybuilder. What the f*ck? Are you kidding me?? What the f*cking f*ck??? Due to this absurd dubbing, much of the movie is unlistenable. If you really want to see how ridiculous this dubbing is, just watch the special features in which Gina is interviewed in her delightful natural voice interspersed with brief scenes from the movie with the hideously dubbed voice.
(By the way, I am not sure if technically the gravelly, roided up voice was dubbed or just a strange sound affect or voice filter. Either way, it was a disaster.)

Revealing Scenes of Gina

None, unfortunately (see HGM, above). One-half star deduction for this.

New World Order (NWO)

There are a couple NWO influences worth noting, given the current geopolitical divide between America and Israel, on the one hand, and Iran, China and Russia, on the other hand and recognizing, of course, that Hollywood is Hollywood.

In the first mission, Kane's team rescues a hostage who is a Chinese dissident (not dissenting over copyright violations, however, as far as we know).

Finally, one of the primary two bad guy characters is a look alike (as made up for this movie) for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran. In fairness, the director did avoid the closeup nose profile shots favored so heavily in 24 Season 7.

Cinematography

Beautiful scenery in the upstate New York and the New Mexico locations. Not sure if they were actually shot there, but wonderful photography nonetheless.

Overall Rating

Two and one-half out of Four Stars. Definitely worth watching (but don't pay more than $1.99) and hopefully a part that Gina can reprise in the future.
08-29-2019, 09:47 AM
(08-29-2019 09:24 AM)Roland Bates Wrote:  Secondly, and more insidiously, the HGM substituted for the voice of Gina the gravelly voice of a roided up female bodybuilder. What the f*ck? Are you kidding me?? What the f*cking f*ck??? Due to this absurd dubbing, much of the movie is unlistenable. If you really want to see how ridiculous this dubbing is, just watch the special features in which Gina is interviewed in her delightful natural voice interspersed with brief scenes from the movie with the hideously dubbed voice.
(By the way, I am not sure if technically the gravelly, roided up voice was dubbed or just a strange sound affect or voice filter. Either way, it was a disaster.)

in fairness, Laura San Giacomo the actress who did the dubbing for Gina (uncredited but in all likelihood) was one of the most attractive Hollywood starlets in her prime.

[Image: VmtpNqK.jpg]

09-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Yeah, the knock on her is that her weight will fluctuate during a film shoot.

I'm too afraid to look up what Gina's mom looks like.
09-14-2019, 02:04 PM
(08-29-2019 08:19 AM)CTsar Wrote:  yeah she keeps getting these AAA roles while being out of shape and having no acting skills whatsoever. Her athletic background doesn't matter much when even people like Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson can play superheroes. The gay mafia just owed her a favor.

I support the "out of shape" look if it looks like that photo on this thread! I have no expert opinion on the acting skillsTongue
09-14-2019, 06:20 PM
she has not aged well
09-15-2019, 04:54 AM
(09-14-2019 06:20 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  she has not aged well

I'm just going by the photo posted to this thread, does she now look different from that? And how old is she?
10-21-2019, 04:55 AM
she was fat between fights in her prime
now shes the right size/shape to play jabba the hut
10-26-2019, 05:39 AM
(10-21-2019 04:55 AM)max power Wrote:  she was fat between fights in her prime
now shes the right size/shape to play jabba the hut

That's a little harsh.

She's beautiful, sweet and feminine. All lovely characteristics still in this day and age.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dana White the Rock Star what 17 7,940 02-11-2015 09:26 AM
Last Post: DonJohnson
  Gina Carano's 32nd Bday Stickgrappler 3 1,158 04-17-2014 08:12 AM
Last Post: SeƱor Penis
  Riddick Bowe, after all the ring-wars.... ba_dass 1 1,567 01-28-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: superCalo
  Kyoji hiroguchi. Rising star bound for ufc pug-thug 11 6,330 10-21-2013 08:45 AM
Last Post: pug-thug