Login | Register

Julius Evola blamed the western man for degenerating non-western cultures
07-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Julius Evola blamed the western man for degenerating non-western cultures
from his book Revolt against the modern world:

In any event, my scope will be confined to the Western world, since outside our
hemisphere the great majority of civilizations retained, in one way or another and
until recent times, a traditional character (“traditional” in the widest sense of the
term, which includes all of the previously described forms of civilization and associ¬
ates them in a common opposition to the “humanist” cycle of the last ages), which
they eventually lost due to the eroding action exercised upon them by Western coun¬
tries
that had themselves fallen victim to a degenerative process. Thus, in order to
understand the processes that played a decisive role in the genesis of the modem
world, it is necessary to look at the West.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2019, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2019 10:47 AM by Chaos Reigns.)
RE: Julius Evola blamed the western man for degenerating non-western cultures
Evola, a traditionalist that doesn't believe in God, and hates Christianity.

It is an interesting question, how a highly technologically advanced society should interact with less technologically advanced societies.

For example, in Alaska and northern Canada, indigenous groups hate what white people have done to their culture (fair enough) but they also love snowmobiles, rifles, and indoor plumbing.
07-12-2019, 08:52 AM
that's technology..

culturally they have been destroyed

they are all eating cheetohs and wearing flip flops
07-12-2019, 09:03 AM
the unsightly flip flop

[Image: 8381996408_75564b6a86_b.jpg]

flap flap flap flap

i can hear the sounds of the flapping flip flop reverberating inside my head

the epitome of western vulgarity exported worldwide

after that you go home and eat nachos and ice cream feeling sorry for yourself in front of netflix

WHAT A LIFE!
07-12-2019, 10:29 AM
EY, your Dick Tater is showing.
07-12-2019, 10:50 AM
(07-12-2019 08:52 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  that's technology..

culturally they have been destroyed

they are all eating cheetohs and wearing flip flops

But, as the Amish have shown abundantly, the two are connected.

The way they have retained their pre-modern culture is by rejecting modern technology.

How do you keep your traditional way of life, and your indoor plumbing? One is predicated on a nomadic, roaming with the seasons lifestyle. The other, a fixed structure, that if abandoned in the Arctic for a winter, will no longer have indoor plumbing as the pipes will freeze (and burst).
07-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Julius Evola is championed by White Nationalists, and even he is saying Western culture degenerated traditional culture

the idea of PROGRESS was started by the WEST and has gobbled up cultures worldwide

go to Ancient countries like Japan, Korea, China

everyone is americanized/westernized

this is cultural genocide
07-12-2019, 11:56 AM
(07-12-2019 11:27 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  Julius Evola is championed by White Nationalists, and even he is saying Western culture degenerated traditional culture

the idea of PROGRESS was started by the WEST and has gobbled up cultures worldwide

I haven't ever met anyone that champions Julius Evola. Probably heard about him for the first time a few days ago, then he was mentioned the other day in a (lively) debate between E Michael Jones and Dutton.

I don't agree with these people at all, that have no room for God in their equation, and think that somehow ancient Roman (or Nordic/Viking) religions are the answer. Embarassing to me. Yes, I want to co-operate with them, make alliances where possible, but I don't agree with that part of their philosophy, whatsoever.

I would argue that Western culture was the first to be degraded, and it started around the time of Napoleon, and then the 1848 revolutions. Followed by WWI and WWII. Completely demoralized populace at that point, that were willing to accept anything, as long as it meant the end of war.

War is politics. What the soldiers on both sides didn't realize is that the enemy were those giving them their orders, not those opposite them in the trenches.

Modern art and music. Says it all.
07-31-2019, 01:57 PM
The Americans' 'open-mindedness', which is sometimes cited in their favour,
is the other side of their interior formlessness. The same goes for their
'individualism'. Individualism and personality are not the same: the one
belongs to the formless world of quantity, the other to the world of quality
and hierarchy. The Americans are the living refutation of the Cartesian
axiom, "I think, therefore I am": Americans do not think, yet they are. The
American 'mind', puerile and primitive, lacks characteristic form and is
therefore open to every kind of standardisation.

- Julius Evola
08-02-2019, 09:26 AM
From the Traditionalist perspective the fall of the West goes back to the adoption of Christianity by Rome. Traditionally the king is sacred, but Christianity is incompatible with that. A power sharing arraignment between kings/emperors and the Pope was created. The king was supposed to be interested in material concerns while the Pope was in charge of spiritual concerns. It didn't take long for power sharing to become power struggles. The Church itself has split into hundreds, if not thousands, of sects. With the rise of the Enlightenment and capitalism (which itself gave rise to Marxism) the Church has become extremely weak and we only have mere vestiges of kingship. The industrial and finance classes now reign supreme. We're in the copper age but rapidly transitioning to the iron age. Corporations are now less concerned with profit than they are pushing the cultural Marxist agenda. In 20 years the levers of power will completely be in the hands of people brainwashed by our educational institutions and white people will be a minority in the US and other Western countries. The Kali Yuga is at hand and the coming battle for the West will be waged by Generation Z. The West will either be reborn into a new golden age or go gently into that dark night.
08-02-2019, 10:16 AM
(07-12-2019 11:56 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  
(07-12-2019 11:27 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  Julius Evola is championed by White Nationalists, and even he is saying Western culture degenerated traditional culture

I haven't ever met anyone that champions Julius Evola. Probably heard about him for the first time a few days ago, then he was mentioned the other day in a (lively) debate between E Michael Jones and Dutton.

I don't agree with these people at all, that have no room for God in their equation, and think that somehow ancient Roman (or Nordic/Viking) religions are the answer. Embarassing to me. Yes, I want to co-operate with them, make alliances where possible, but I don't agree with that part of their philosophy, whatsoever.

I would argue that Western culture was the first to be degraded, and it started around the time of Napoleon, and then the 1848 revolutions. Followed by WWI and WWII. Completely demoralized populace at that point, that were willing to accept anything, as long as it meant the end of war.

War is politics. What the soldiers on both sides didn't realize is that the enemy were those giving them their orders, not those opposite them in the trenches.

Modern art and music. Says it all.

I would pin the degradation at the protestant reformation which paved the way for Masonic subversion of society culminating in the French Revolution

08-02-2019, 10:46 AM
If you look at who the Popes were at the time of the Protestant Reformation (there was a video posted here on the Italian wars a few weeks back that covered it) they were Borgias and Medicis. And in between there was a Dutch Pope that lasted all of like 18 months.

And he even agreed the Curia needed reform. Before he dropped dead.
08-02-2019, 11:00 AM
they were the old world order, then came the new world order!
08-02-2019, 01:24 PM
(07-12-2019 11:56 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  

he was the intellectual force behind Steve Bannon, and Steve Bannon was one of the architects of the Trump presidency. I would say Evola is one of the most influential forces in the world.

However they misappropriate his philosophy

Evola didn't believe in physical racism, but he believed in a spiritual aristocracy.

He does get a lot of things right about what is wrong with the modern world.

He is also Anti-Christianity...

I like Christianity , HOWEVER, I do think that it paved the way for subversion later on. I think Xtians are generally good people, but in the macro sense it has been a net negative.

08-02-2019, 01:40 PM
if one researches Native American Indian history around the time of the Wild-West forward they will observe the process of how the Wealthy-Elites create wageSLAVERY

destroy culture/knowledge and communal equality that was based on FREE education teaching the artisan and survival skills necessary to a independent and FREE people along with FREE health-care where people truly live by FAITH in the Creator......destroy that and people become dependent on their Wealthy-Elite Trickle Down Masters

a very easy and entertaining read for example of what I have learned in my research:

[Image: 1397837._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Girl Talk #13 : PhilosophiCat on the Path to Heroism, Evola & Tradition pug-thug 1 147 10-21-2019 09:57 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Julius Evola on Sexual Control and No FAP pug-thug 9 1,037 08-21-2019 09:58 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Intellectualism destroyed Western Culture and created the Religion of "Psyence" jho 12 1,175 06-20-2019 10:07 AM
Last Post: CTsar
  woman bloodies man's nose. Man hits her back. Justified? pug-thug 37 14,624 05-18-2019 01:51 PM
Last Post: Banchan