Login | Register

Now they are saying Mozart's Sister was the true talent in the family
07-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Now they are saying Mozart's Sister was the true talent in the family
revisionist history as its finest. not a single one of her works survived, but I'll guess they'll just say it's a toxic conspiracy:

Was Nannerl the real talent in the family?

Nannerl toured Europe with her father and young brother, Wolfgang Amadeus.

Far from being in her brother’s shadow, Nannerl actually shone as the more talented youngster.

In a letter, Leopold Mozart (their father, pictured above) wrote: “My little girl plays the most difficult works which we have… with incredible precision and so excellently. What it all amounts to is this, that my little girl, although she is only 12 years old, is one of the most skilful players in Europe.”

Gallery: Introducing the great female composers

And we don’t just have to take their dad’s word for it. In 1762, the two little Mozarts played for a collection of aristocrats in Munich. One of those present, Count Karl von Zinzendorf recorded his thoughts in his diary: “The little child from Salzburg and his sister played the harpsichord. The poor little fellow plays marvellously. He is a child of spirit, lively, charming. His sister’s playing is masterly, and he applauded her.”

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/moza...-musician/

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2019, 07:47 AM
RE: Now they are saying Mozart's Sister was the true talent in the family
It could be that her talent was for playing rather than composition. Wouldn't be unusual. Even today there are many talented musicians who can't compose to save their lives.
07-06-2019, 09:47 AM
The demoralization and historical revisionism will continue until morale improves.
07-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Total fucking BULLSHIT. I've studied classical for quite a long time and I can say this is laughable.

They are trying to do the same thing they did with Clara Schumann. Perhaps Clara deserved it, although her composition skills were sub par. She was the first preformer to have full recitals memorized and not play from any sheets...which soon after became the norm. Other then that, Robert Schumann was the brains and the draw behind the operation.

As for Nannerl, if she was was so gifted then her brother would have had to teach her "basic" composition and keyboard theory.

Willkommen zu unserem Grab
07-07-2019, 08:05 AM
Sounds like made up bullshit to me

And if it isn't.

Why has it never come to light? Does that mean that history is selectively reported to deliver a narrative?
07-07-2019, 08:44 AM
zero evidence, and a lot of this is coinciding with a hard push from the feminists

real feminism is about going toe to toe with males... no affirmative action bake sales

that is why I propose to abolish segregation in non-contact sports.

I also oppose a woman's division in Chess. that is clearly discrimination

There are many women that can play VERY WELL at the top level, but history has shown there have not been as many female composers in the classical tradition.
07-07-2019, 09:25 AM
(07-07-2019 08:44 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  zero evidence, and a lot of this is coinciding with a hard push from the feminists

real feminism is about going toe to toe with males... no affirmative action bake sales

There are many women that can play VERY WELL at the top level, but history has shown there have not been as many female composers in the classical tradition.

America's Women's soccer team is always whining about equality.

They do realize getting true equality would mean... No more women's soccer? Just soccer, let the best man, or woman, win?
07-07-2019, 10:14 AM
(07-07-2019 08:44 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  zero evidence, and a lot of this is coinciding with a hard push from the feminists

Sport is very different from musical performance. Females develop fine motor skills before male do and the reverse is true for gross motor skills. That's why women have good handwriting but can't throw baseballs. Most musical instruments require fine motor skills so it wouldn't surprise me if his sister was a better player.
07-07-2019, 12:10 PM
many of the top players have been female, but very few of the top composers in history have been female

there are great female DJs, pop producers, songwriters, but very few in classical
07-07-2019, 12:20 PM
(07-07-2019 10:14 AM)Count Iblis Wrote:  

Sport is very different from musical performance. Females develop fine motor skills before male do and the reverse is true for gross motor skills. That's why women have good handwriting but can't throw baseballs. Most musical instruments require fine motor skills so it wouldn't surprise me if his sister was a better player.

if you are going to troll, I advice being a bit more subtle.

Willkommen zu unserem Grab
07-07-2019, 07:52 PM
There's a lot of this sort of revisionism going on at the moment.

Rewrite history to make it seem like women were the real influencers of civilisation.
07-07-2019, 07:54 PM
forcing the age of aquarius on the peeps
07-07-2019, 08:04 PM
100 years from now you will be called a conspiracy theorist if you say that Wolfgang was the real musical talent of the family.
07-08-2019, 06:53 AM
(07-07-2019 12:20 PM)Coffee Guy Wrote:  
(07-07-2019 10:14 AM)Count Iblis Wrote:  

if you are going to troll, I advice being a bit more subtle.

Not trolling. Female surgeons also have slightly better outcomes than male surgeons.
07-08-2019, 07:47 AM
Yeah the fine motor skills to play an instrument and preform surgical operations are nearly identical to those of a composer that created dozens of symphonies,operas and concertos that musical masters spent decades studying. I totally agree now.

Its also pretty amazing that Mozart himself was a master at the harpsichord and other keyboard instruments by age 6, but his sister was actually better... I am sure those odds are not that far fetched.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pepper Spray Bukakke, true lulz pug-thug 6 199 10-15-2019 05:36 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Korean American Blind Autistic Savant on America's Got Talent pug-thug 10 309 09-20-2019 02:21 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  The True Adventures of Killary Clinton - EPISODE 1 Masato Toys 10 1,804 08-13-2019 07:46 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  We Killed God, Family, And Community — And Now It’s Killing Us pug-thug 5 390 08-10-2019 02:09 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns