Login | Register

Boxing: JOSHUA vs RUIZ
06-02-2019, 07:47 AM
Boxing: JOSHUA vs RUIZ

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2019, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2019 02:31 PM by The Diet Butcher.)
RE: Boxing: JOSHUA vs RUIZ
Fat Pride

06-02-2019, 04:37 PM
the Walrus won as I expected he would

I have a fun thread on the OG:

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/...5966?pc=22

and now the question is will he have the DISCIPLINE to maintain his position or will he succumb to the temptations of celebrity status?
06-02-2019, 04:40 PM
short chubby guy beats tall buffer guy?
06-02-2019, 04:42 PM
dude was luxuriating before the fight it seems

06-02-2019, 07:10 PM
"Luxuriating" hahah... TheAdonis.
06-02-2019, 09:48 PM
THE VANILLA GORILLA!
06-03-2019, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2019 06:33 AM by karasu.)
(06-02-2019 04:42 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  dude was luxuriating before the fight it seems

"luxuriating"-----

haha, well done! I had observed the same and posted about that on the OG as an indication of why I felt he would not be victorious in this affair
06-03-2019, 06:58 AM
I would enjoy witnessing the spectacle of fisticuffs between a prime Mark Hunt and this Andy Ruiz chap which I imagine could be a highly entertaining Clash of Titans.

I don't follow Fightsport much these days, my taste for violence is less, but occasionally some fellow comes along with that rare and intriguing superstar marketing quality that captures the public interest
06-04-2019, 04:00 AM
GREAT ROUND, but poor technique overall. very entertaining

06-04-2019, 05:28 AM
that's what fight fans want, entertainment. Like WWF/WWE Pro-Wrestling. The Ringling Circus Formula, give the people an entertaining spectacle to enjoy a fun escape from the nonsense of CNN/FOX.

That fight had drama. Two characters of opposing quality creating a team condition(fat/fit/small/tall/and so on) for fans to rally in support to that which they relate and creating a fun story that sets up well with the introduction of new characters and rematches.
06-04-2019, 06:06 AM
The indoctrination isn't just on CNN/Fox these days though, it is everywhere.

In commercials. Online at just about every web site. There is even a far left MMA news site (Bloody Elbow).

There are far left gaming web sites.

College text books. And on and on. You can't get away from it, any more. That is why there is such a strong 'immune system response', not due to any rise in radicalism or 'racism'.
06-04-2019, 02:06 PM
(06-04-2019 05:28 AM)karasu Wrote:  that's what fight fans want, entertainment. Like WWF/WWE Pro-Wrestling. The Ringling Circus Formula, give the people an entertaining spectacle to enjoy a fun escape from the nonsense of CNN/FOX.

That fight had drama. Two characters of opposing quality creating a team condition(fat/fit/small/tall/and so on) for fans to rally in support to that which they relate and creating a fun story that sets up well with the introduction of new characters and rematches.

yeah but it's not a fake fight...

the shot Ruiz took could have easily knocked him out cold. when both sides are going for broke you know it's real.

Contrast this with the phony Tenshin/Floyd fight where neither side COMMITTED to any hard shots.

Those who know, know! Big Grin
06-04-2019, 03:01 PM
(06-04-2019 02:06 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  
(06-04-2019 05:28 AM)karasu Wrote:  that's what fight fans want, entertainment. Like WWF/WWE Pro-Wrestling. The Ringling Circus Formula, give the people an entertaining spectacle to enjoy a fun escape from the nonsense of CNN/FOX.

yeah but it's not a fake fight...

the shot Ruiz took could have easily knocked him out cold. when both sides are going for broke you know it's real.

Contrast this with the phony Tenshin/Floyd fight where neither side COMMITTED to any hard shots.

yeah, it was a real fight for sure but what made it exceptional was the value of entertainment quality. It was not some usual championship fight you see any week of the year but a fun fan friendly spectacle.

Floyd is a genius of marketing but sometimes his fights do not live up to expectation of excitement I think. Brilliant fighter but fans want to see fireworks and this fight had fireworks, a Fantastic Formula!

I have watched this Ruiz before this fight and have observed such formidable walrus figures in my years of boxing and I knew his potential. There are so many talented boxers who never make it far because drugs, crime, gangs...they don't have to choose it but they do, and so they never get to show the world their potential.
06-04-2019, 03:07 PM
[Image: tfLYxUR.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  John Wayne Parr vs Anthony Mundine - Boxing Redneck 3 208 08-21-2019 10:18 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  which ERA/WEIGHT-CLASS of Boxing had GREATEST Talent Pool? karasu 1 329 05-03-2019 03:23 AM
Last Post: karasu
  This is supposed to be the hardest puncher in boxing history. Redneck 4 540 03-02-2019 03:03 PM
Last Post: karasu
  Very entertaining non-technical female boxing match pug-thug 3 674 09-28-2018 09:42 AM
Last Post: max power