Login | Register

Gunmen kill at least 49 people during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch
03-15-2019, 06:20 PM
Gunmen kill at least 49 people during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch
Forty nine people have been killed and at least 20 others injured in shootings at two mosques in New Zealand city of Christchurch in the worst attack in the Pacific country's history.

New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told a news conference that the mosque shootings appear to have been a well-planned "terrorist attack".

"This is, and will be, one of New Zealand's darkest days," an ashen-faced Ardern said.

The prime minister also said two explosive devices attached to suspect vehicles were found and have been disarmed.

The two known targets were the Masjid Al Noor in central Christchurch, and a second mosque in suburban Linwood.

Sam Clarke, a reporter with TVNZ, spoke with several people inside the Masjid Al Noor mosque when the shooting began. He told Al Jazeera a man entered with an automatic weapon and began firing.

"A gunman - dressed in black with a helmet carrying a machine gun - came into the back of the mosque and started firing into the people praying there," said Clarke. It was later confirmed that 30 worshippers were killed at the mosque, including women and children.

Police also confirmed that 10 people have been killed at the Linwood mosque during Friday prayers.

Two mosques have been attacked in New Zealand by gunmen resulting in a 'number of fatalities'. Police have arrested four suspects - 3 men and a woman.

More on the story: https://t.co/Gdd9rC12X9 pic.twitter.com/kJTLzziAru

— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) 15 March 2019
Authorities have urged people in central Christchurch to stay indoors.

Police warned worshippers not to visit mosques "anywhere in New Zealand". A lockdown imposed throughout Christchurch was called off at about 05:00 GMT.

Police Commissioner Mike Bush said four suspects, including a woman, were in custody in connection with the attacks.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison condemned the attack and said one of the suspects was an Australian national, calling him an "extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist".

He said Australian security authorities were investigating any links between the country and the attack, but declined to provide further details about the Australian gunman.

"It is such a sad and devastating reminder of the evil that can be ever present about us," a visibily emotional Morrison said.

Police patrol outside the Masjid Al Noor mosque in central Christchurch [Mark Baker/AP]
Dressed in black

Eye witness Len Peneha said he saw a man dressed in black enter the Masjid Al Noor mosque and then heard dozens of shots, followed by people running from the mosque in terror.

He said he also saw the gunman flee before emergency services arrived.

Peneha - who lives next to the mosque - said he went into the building to try and help. "I saw dead people everywhere."

One man in the mosque, with blood stains all over his clothes, said he hid under a bench as the shooting took place. He said about 50 people were inside the building.

Sam Clarke said some worshippers managed to escape through windows and doors but "many people had been hit, some as young as 16".

About 10 to 15 people were seen outside the mosque, "some alive, some dead", he said.

Farid Ahmed, a wheelchair-bound witness in Christchurch told Al Jazeera he was at the back of the mosque and heard the shooting for about seven minutes.

"I pushed myself at the back where my car was parked and I was behind the car. And from there I was hearing shooting after shooting," he said.

"After about 10 minutes I thought the shooter has left. I pushed myself to get inside the mosque and it was unbelievable. I saw in the main room on the right-hand side more than 20 people, some of them dead, some screaming.

"I saw on the floor hundreds of bullet shells. I saw one guy trying to run out and he was shot dead."

Ramzan Ali, a second witness in Christchurch, said he heard one of the women died.

"The mosque has segments you know, he shot inside, went to another room, shot there. There is the ladies section, he went and shot them. I just heard one of the ladies died, I am hoping that it is not true," he said.

Tahir Nawaz of the International Muslim Association of New Zealand said they have decided to restrict activities at the mosques.

"The whole community is shocked. They would never have expected anything like this [to happen] in this peaceful country. As a result of that [the attack], we are restricting our activities in the mosque and we are trying to keep safety in our area."

One of the gunmen shared a livestream of the attack on Facebook and posted content on Instagram. Facebook said it has taken down the video and was removing praise for the gunman.

"Police are aware there is extremely distressing footage relating to the incident in Christchurch circulating online," a police statement said. "We would strongly urge that the link not be shared. We are working to have any footage removed."

There were reports racist literature was left behind at the scene denouncing "invaders".

Commissioner Bush said local police officers apprehended the four suspects. "There's been some absolute acts of bravery," he said without elaborating.

"I won't assume there aren't others but I don't have any information to that effect," Bush told a press conference.

He said a number of bombs were detected and neutralised on the attackers' automobiles.

"There were a few reports of IEDs strapped to vehicles which we were able to secure," he said, referring to improved explosive devices.

Asked by reporters whether police considered Friday's carnage a "terrorist attack", Bush said an investigation was under way.

— Tamim Iqbal Khan (@TamimOfficial28) March 15, 2019
Eye witness Peneha described the scene at Masjid Al Noor as " unbelievable".

"I don't understand how anyone could do this to these people, to anyone. It's ridiculous. I've lived next door to this mosque for about five years and the people are great, they're very friendly. I just don't understand it," he said.

Muslims account for just one percent of New Zealand's population, a 2013 census showed.

"Many of those who would have been affected by this shooting may be migrants to New Zealand," Ardern said.

"They may even be refugees here. They have chosen to make New Zealand their home and it is their home ... they are us. The persons who perpetuated this violence against us ... have no place in New Zealand."

Mass shootings in New Zealand are exceedingly rare. The deadliest in modern history occurred in the small town of Aramoana in 1990, when gunman David Gray shot and killed 13 people following a dispute with a neighbour.

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: Gunmen kill at least 49 people during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch
Manifesto shooter
The shooter who opened fire in the Al Noor mosque claims to be the 28-year-old Brenton Tarrant from Australia. He streamed the attack live and the images are now circulating on the internet. The police urges not to share these extremely shocking images. They are currently making every effort to take the images offline. YouTube has already done so.

New Zealand Police

@nzpolice
· 5h
Replying to @nzpolice
5/5 There will be a media stand-up at 5pm today at the Royal Society at Aparangi on Turnbull Street, Thorndon, Wellington.

New Zealand Police

@nzpolice
Police are aware there is extremely distressing footage related to the incident circulating online in Christchurch. We would not urge that the link be shared. We are working to have any footage removed.

4:49 AM - Mar 15, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
8,289 people are talking about this
The shooter published a manifest for 73 pages in which he explained the motives for his atrocity. He describes himself as "a normal white man". "I was born into a low-income working-class family and decided to stand up for my people," he writes. With his attack, he wanted to "directly reduce immigration to European countries".

He describes immigrants as "intruders" and Western countries as "our countries". "As long as there are white people, they will NEVER conquer our countries and never replace our people," is the hateful manifesto.

Metadata in manifesto uploaded before Christchurch, New Zealand mass shooting showed document was created by "Brenton Tarrant" on January 21, 2019. It was last edited yesterday, Word metadata shows.
[Image: D1rTbrgUgAEwvX1.jpg]

[Image: D1qphS-UgAALe0X.jpg:large]
03-15-2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Gunmen kill at least 49 people during Friday prayers at two mosques in Christchurch

03-15-2019, 06:31 PM
they are blaming it on ultra right wing terrorism..

03-15-2019, 06:35 PM
is this idiot high? NZ was STOLEN by European invaders!

europeans aren't INDIGENOUS to NZ fool!
03-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Seeing this mass shooting happening in New Zealand of all places in a town called ChristChurch (!!) and the not so educated shooter as he calls himself, writes a 73 page manifest and has 3 (anonymous) accomplices it does fling a little redflag for me.

He supposedly used a M16 .. And made and used bombs to detonate

But ofcourse with all do respect to the victims at this point it's hard to tell what exactly happenened and it's just a horrible act of violence against innocent people being of no harm whatsoever at that moment
03-15-2019, 06:37 PM
Seeing this mass shooting happening in New Zealand of all places in a town called ChristChurch (!!) and the not so educated shooter as he calls himself, writes a 73 page manifest and has 3 (anonymous) accomplices it does fling a little redflag for me.

He supposedly used a M16 .. And made and used bombs to detonate

But ofcourse with all do respect to the victims at this point it's hard to tell what exactly happenened and it's just a horrible act of violence against innocent people being of no harm whatsoever at that moment
03-15-2019, 06:39 PM
It was an extremely well executed attack, obviously well planned.
03-15-2019, 06:49 PM
[Image: brenton-tarrant-1.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]

In the longer version of the video, you see the gunman – described by the Australian prime minister as an Australian citizen and “extremist, right-wing terrorist” – in his car with multiple rifles at his side. He appears to be wearing military gear. You can hear the GPS giving him directions to the mosque in the chilling video.

He is wearing gloves with the fingers cut out and plays music – a song called “Remove Kebab” about ethnic cleansing – during the ride. He then walks into the mosque and coldly and randomly begins to gun people down. He goes to his car and gets another weapon at one point and goes back into the mosque. He walks over to a pile of bodies in a corner of the room and shoots people yet again at close range as they huddle together. It’s horrific beyond words. “There wasn’t even time to aim. There were so many targets,” he says casually in the video at one point.

“Help me,” yells a woman the gunman shoots on the sidewalk outside when he finally leaves after an agonizing six minutes or so of shooting without interruption or any sign of law enforcement. He walks up to the fallen woman, ignores her pleas, and shoots her in head. He gets back in his car and drives off, holding the rifle as he drives. The chilling video also shows him gunning down a man crawling to get away as music plays.

He fired at least 205 times from four rifles and used multiple magazines, stopping to reload.
[Image: brenton-tarrant.png?w=1024&h=702]

[Image: tarrvideo14.png?w=782&h=373]

[Image: brenton4-e1552629526288.png?w=472&h=531]

"At the beginning of the video, he says, “subscribe to PewDiePie.” (YouTuber PewDiePie has responded, “Just heard news of the devastating reports from New Zealand Christchurch. I feel absolutely sickened having my name uttered by this person. My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy.”) The end of the manifesto proclaims, “Europa arises.”

[Image: fbvideo.png?w=780]
03-15-2019, 06:54 PM
[Image: manifesto.png?w=710&h=531]

A few moments later, the Twitter page was suspended. However, Heavy has reviewed and saved much of its contents. The cover picture of a Twitter page in the name Brenton Tarrant shows a body lying on the ground with a doll next to it. Writings on the weaponry displayed on Twitter match news accounts that the Christchurch gunman scrawled the names of other mass shooters on his rifle.

The extremely disturbing Facebook live video, in the name of Brenton Tarrant, shows the man walking toward the mosque through a gate and then up to the front door. You see him aim the gun at the door and start shooting. He walks past a dead body and screams erupt. He shoots several people in a hall and then walks into a larger communal area and shoots other people. Bodies lay crumpled on the ground. A man runs past at one point and he reloads. It’s impossible to describe how disturbing the graphic video is. “We’re not going to get the badge today boys,” he says at one point. He plays music with the line: “I am the god of Hellfire, and I bring you fire.” He shoots out his car window at one point as he drives around.

[Image: fb2.png?w=780]

You can see writing on his rifle as he walks around shooting people randomly. He then walks into the area and shoots at bodies already lying on the ground. Back in the car, he says at one point, “did not go as planned … f*cking Christ.” It’s not clear what he meant. He also labels what happened a “firefight,” even though he was the only person with a gun.
03-15-2019, 06:55 PM
Police released a series of urgent tweets as the shooting news broke.

“In response to a serious ongoing firearms incident in Christchurch all Christchurch schools have been placed into lockdown,” New Zealand police wrote on Twitter. “Police urge anyone in central Christchurch to stay off the streets and report any suspicious behaviour immediately to 111.” Police also wrote, “Police are currently responding to reports of shots fired in central Christchurch at around 1:40 p.m. Armed police have been deployed.”

Police also wrote that the situation was not contained: “A serious and evolving situation is occurring in Christchurch with an active shooter. Police are responding with its full capability to manage the situation, but the risk environment remains extremely high.”

The manifesto is basically a lengthy rant of supposed racial grievance.

“It’s the birthrates. It’s the birthrates. It’s the birthrates. If there is one thing I want you to remember from these writings, its that the birthrates must change,” he writes. “Even if we were to deport all Non-Europeans from our lands tomorrow, the European people would still be spiraling into decay and eventual death.”

The manifesto also rants about “mass immigration” in juxtaposition to European birthrates. He calls it a “crisis of mass immigration and sub-replacement fertility” and calls that “an assault on the European people.” In another spot, the manifesto rants about killing prominent politicians: “KILL ANGELA MERKEL, KILL ERDOGAN, KILL SADIQ KHAN.”

Asked why he is resorting to violence, he explained, “There is no nation in the world that wasn’t founded by, or maintained by, the use of force. Force is power. History is the history of power. Violence is power and violence is the reality of history. Wake up.”

He said that “Australian (sic) is a European colony, particularly of British stock and thereby an extension of Europe.” He said he blamed immigrants and capitalists and added, “I blame both, and plan to deal with both.”

As to why he attacked Muslims, he wrote, “They are the most despised group of invaders in the West, attacking them receives the greatest level of support.” He ranted about climate change, saying that by killing “the invaders” he could “kill the overpopulation and by doing so save the environment.”

Part of his manifesto contains a passage headlined “to conservatives.”

“Conservatism is dead. Thank Fod. Now let us bury it and move on to something of worth,” he wrote. Another section was headlined “to Christians.” He wrote, “Let our lives be stronger than death to fight against the enemies of the Christian people.”

Another passage was headlined “to Antifa/Marxists/Communists.” He explained, “I do not want to convert you…I want you in my sights. I want your neck under my boot.”

The manifesto refers to Turks as “roaches” and orders them to “flee to your own lands, while you still have the chance.” He claimed that European men “are to blame. Weak men have created this situation and strong men are needed to fix it.”
He trashes “suicidal, nihilistic and degenerate pop icons produced from a dead culture,” mentioning Michael Jackson, Madonna, Kurt Cobain, and Freddy Mercury.

He advocates something called “green nationalism.” He urges people to kill “high profile enemies,” saying that German Chancellor Angela Merkel, “the mother of all things anti-white and anti-germanic, is top of the list.”
03-15-2019, 06:58 PM
(03-15-2019 06:35 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  is this idiot high? NZ was STOLEN by European invaders!

europeans aren't INDIGENOUS to NZ fool!

I don't think he was claiming it was part of Europe EY. Just that it's a white country now.

the Winnson shama knew
03-15-2019, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019 07:37 PM by Glimmer.)
Music the shooter played in his car during the shooting also known as he "Remove Kebab" song

Quote:Remove Kebab (Serbian: Уклони ћевап / Ukloni ćevap) is a kebab removal video, which comes from the Serbia Strong song. The origin is from 2008, Džamije lete (literal translation: Mosques flying) and Serbia Strong are now known as the remove kebab videos.
This meme is now mostly used by the Polandball/Countryballs meme usually used by Serbiaball (as the song is Serbian made)

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
03-15-2019, 09:06 PM

03-15-2019, 09:07 PM
this thread at GLP supposedly has vid of the shooting. Judging by the responses I wouldn't really recommend watching it

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum...998566/pg1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christchurch Killer Brendon Tarrant appears in Court making handsign pug-thug 78 1,150 04-03-2019 06:12 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  DC, NYC using desexualizing liquids to kill off rat population pug-thug 2 424 11-09-2018 05:40 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Trump will probably kill in these Midterms Redneck 29 1,329 10-26-2018 04:05 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  EYer Ryan Lankford suffered a ministroke. Please send out prayers pug-thug 19 6,744 09-25-2018 11:05 PM
Last Post: pilgrim