Login | Register

Political Distractions/Damage Control Strategies?
03-12-2019, 06:42 AM
what are some common damage control distractions that political parties will use when things are not going in their favor?

I would like to know what to watch out for Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: Political Distractions/Damage Control Strategies?
of course I expect that some of these examples will be considered "conspiratard" nonsense
03-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Well, say you have caused a lot of controversy with your infanticide, err, 3rd trimester abortion, policies, you could have someone leak photos of you (or anyone really) in blackface, from 20-30 years earlier?

Or if a sex scandal involving you is about to erupt, you can always blow up a Tylenol factory in Sudan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Shifa_p...al_factory
20 August 1998

"Clinton admitted in taped grand jury testimony on August 17, 1998, that he had engaged in an "improper physical relationship" with Lewinsky"

That should be enough to give you something to think about for now, k.
03-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Let's say you president of the United States and back when you were governor of a small Southern state, you were involved with the former President and the CIA, trafficking drugs into a small airport in your state. To top it off a Pulitzer prize-winning journalist with a small newspaper is writing articles about you and your friends and appearing on talk shows.

Maybe you'd fabricate a scandal involving an intern and a cigar to serve as a media distraction?
https://www.c-span.org/video/?109876-1/dark-alliance
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2019, 10:44 AM
CIA scandal that got lost amid our obsession with Monica Lewinsky: Kill the Messenger is reminiscent of All The President’s Men, writes BRIAN VINER
Quote:A powerful political thriller in many ways reminiscent of All The President’s Men, Alan J. Pakula’s 1976 film about the Watergate conspiracy, Kill The Messenger tells the true story of a dogged investigative reporter for an unfashionable Californian newspaper, who uncovered what he called a ‘dark alliance’ between the CIA, Nicaraguan rebels and cocaine traffickers.

It was in 1995 that Gary Webb, of the San Jose Mercury News (splendidly played by Jeremy Renner), received a phone call from a woman claiming to have evidence that a drugs baron was on the CIA payroll.

Webb duly discovered that during Ronald Reagan’s presidency, vast profits from selling crack cocaine, mainly in South Central Los Angeles, had been piped back to Nicaragua to support the U.S.-backed Contras.

It was a huge story, and yet it broke around the time that the media were more interested in Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky’s dress.

Michael Cuesta’s film is itself just as interested in the efforts by the government and even other newspapers to discredit Webb, who paid a high personal price for his journalistic triumphs.

It’s no surprise to find that Cuesta has also directed episodes of the superb TV drama Homeland; he knows how to escalate tension, and also how to fold his protagonist’s domestic dramas into the story.

Rosemarie DeWitt is terrific as Webb’s long-suffering wife, and part of a top-notch supporting cast also including Michael Sheen, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia and Paz Vega.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Maybe if you were transferring weapons to a group of 'moderate rebels' you would say the rebels 'stole the weapons' and 'At this point what difference does it make?' that a US ambassador was killed, in the attack.

Maybe if you were droning hospitals and weddings and school buses, you would get the Nobel Peace Prize?

I am sure you are getting the hang of this, hey, Karasu? Big Grin
03-12-2019, 02:22 PM
(03-12-2019 11:01 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  Maybe if you were transferring weapons to a group of 'moderate rebels' you would say the rebels 'stole the weapons' and 'At this point what difference does it make?' that a US ambassador was killed, in the attack.

Maybe if you were droning hospitals and weddings and school buses, you would get the Nobel Peace Prize?

I am sure you are getting the hang of this, hey, Karasu? Big Grin

I would like to see some FAIR & BALANCED examples or else it would seem suspiciously smelling of partisan propaganda

otherwise, very informative and we are off to a fine introduction, please carry on.......
03-13-2019, 04:48 AM
also if I was wrong in my assumption please feel free to correct me. I seemed to observe the examples were skewed against the Left which could give the impression the Right is innocent of such conduct.......so if some of those examples posted were Rightwing deceptions then I need to be informed.

I noted the name use of 'Clinton" and the "Nobel Prize" reference infers Obama I presume but not sure about the rest. I am not so well learned as some of the posters here so I may need a bit more supporting information but if it is more than one or two small paragraphs I may not always be so keen to read.......
03-13-2019, 05:24 AM
Well, how about if your party nominated a vile human being connected to drug trafficking, sex trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, and 'pay for play' political bribery scandals, that individual then lost an election because 50% of the population could not bring themselves to vote for him/her, and then, instead of addressing why he/she lost, you instead tell people there was 'Russian collusion' in the election process? And proceed to investigate it for 2+ years??
03-13-2019, 05:25 AM
Did I mention arms trafficking? How could I forget freakin' arms trafficking!
03-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Don't forget Oklahoma City and the building that contained all the documents about Whitewater just blew up with "fertilizer".

--I Eat Grits--
03-13-2019, 07:50 AM
(03-13-2019 05:24 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  Well, how about if your party nominated a vile human being connected to drug trafficking, sex trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, and 'pay for play' political bribery scandals, that individual then lost an election because 50% of the population could not bring themselves to vote for him/her, and then, instead of addressing why he/she lost, you instead tell people there was 'Russian collusion' in the election process? And proceed to investigate it for 2+ years??

"Well, how about if your party nominated a vile human being connected to drug trafficking, sex trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, and 'pay for play' political bribery scandals,....."-----

are you talking about Trump or Hillary, I am confused
03-13-2019, 08:48 AM
(03-13-2019 07:50 AM)karasu Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 05:24 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  Well, how about if your party nominated a vile human being connected to drug trafficking, sex trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, and 'pay for play' political bribery scandals, that individual then lost an election because 50% of the population could not bring themselves to vote for him/her, and then, instead of addressing why he/she lost, you instead tell people there was 'Russian collusion' in the election process? And proceed to investigate it for 2+ years??

"Well, how about if your party nominated a vile human being connected to drug trafficking, sex trafficking, human trafficking, organ trafficking, and 'pay for play' political bribery scandals,....."-----

Well, if you know about Trump trafficking drugs, children, organs, weapons, and being bribed massively for political favors through the Trump Foundation, please share with the class. I'm all ears.
03-13-2019, 12:31 PM
(03-13-2019 08:48 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 07:50 AM)karasu Wrote:  

Well, if you know about Trump trafficking drugs, children, organs, weapons, and being bribed massively for political favors through the Trump Foundation, please share with the class. I'm all ears.

I am certain I have seen a headline in the media suggesting some corruption scandals involving President Trump but it was probably FAKE NEWS and that it was only after his friendship with the Clintons ended that they became a criminal enterprise
03-13-2019, 10:01 PM
Whatever the latest Internet outrage is, is probably a distraction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Three Factions of the CIA that Control the World Skookum Charlie 29 1,383 03-19-2019 03:32 PM
Last Post: Billygoat
  Julius Evola on Sexual Control and No FAP pug-thug 6 244 02-07-2019 07:59 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Policing America: Thuggish Ruggish Border Control Checkpoints pug-thug 0 302 01-31-2019 07:48 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  HOW TO: CONTROL THE PEOPLE Glimmer 10 400 01-30-2019 06:12 AM
Last Post: karasu