Login | Register

97% of cases the Justice Department prosecutes end in guilty pleas
03-09-2019, 04:03 AM
97% of cases the Justice Department prosecutes end in guilty pleas
Kim Jong Un would be proud.

The Wall Street Journal reported recently that 97 percent of cases the Justice Department prosecuted last year ended with guilty pleas, up from 84 percent in 1990. The ratio is nearly as high at the state level. “Criminal justice today is for the most part a system of pleas, not a system of trials,” Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...edirect=on

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: 97% of cases the Justice Department prosecutes end in guilty pleas
"Just take the deal"

"You might not win the trial"

Just take the deal so i dont have to keep coming back and i can meet with the judge and DA buddies at the PF Changs later today - attorneys
03-09-2019, 08:34 AM
This is what I find really interesting about history. We will talk shit about the 'Spanish Inquisition', or the trials of the Knights Templars, and say "Oh, but those confessions were coerced, it was under duress, and after they were tortured".

Yeah, but we are more progressive these days, let me guess? Nothing is coerced, or under duress, or the modern equivalent of torture/intimidation, until a person confesses, these days???
03-09-2019, 09:13 AM
I once read some research that said the inquisitorial courts were quite fair back in the day.. and there most likely was not a 97% guilty conviction rate
03-09-2019, 09:14 AM
great post CR!
03-09-2019, 09:42 AM
(03-09-2019 09:13 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  I once read some research that said the inquisitorial courts were quite fair back in the day.. and there most likely was not a 97% guilty conviction rate

Wasn't it something like 3000 witches total, burned, in 300 years? I would look it up, but I agree with you, I doubt it was any where near the epidemic they make it out to be.

There is something called the 'black legend', where they admit history has been falsified to make people, or cultures, or entire countries/empires look back. That clearly happened with the Spanish Empire, but also is happening today with WHITE MALES (and their allies, Asians).
03-09-2019, 09:47 AM
the spanish inquisition was 3000 executed in 300 years

to put it into perspective, america's middle east freedom operation have cost hundreds of thousands of lives and tons more maimed/injured/displaced in less than 20 years.
03-15-2019, 10:24 AM
The KKK existed for over a hundred years and had a peak membership of over a million people (some estimates as high as 10 million). Somehow it managed to only kill around 4ooo people. We're supposed to believe that the only thing worse than a Klansman is a Nazi.
03-15-2019, 11:09 AM
(03-09-2019 04:03 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  Kim Jong Un would be proud.

The Wall Street Journal reported recently that 97 percent of cases the Justice Department prosecuted last year ended with guilty pleas, up from 84 percent in 1990. The ratio is nearly as high at the state level. “Criminal justice today is for the most part a system of pleas, not a system of trials,” Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...edirect=on

Kim Jong Un would be proud------

made me chuckle Tongue

I have watched one or two of Jim Cramer's "how to profit from the Prison system" special episodes of MadMoney and just the other evening I saw some program discussing this for profit prison system nonsense.

Both the Insurance Industry and Legal Industry are NOT favorable to the consumer
03-15-2019, 11:10 AM
(03-09-2019 08:06 AM)Señor Penis Wrote:  "Just take the deal"

"You might not win the trial"

Just take the deal so i dont have to keep coming back and i can meet with the judge and DA buddies at the PF Changs later today - attorneys

more LOL, good stuff!
03-15-2019, 11:11 AM
(03-09-2019 09:47 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  the spanish inquisition was 3000 executed in 300 years

to put it into perspective, america's middle east freedom operation have cost hundreds of thousands of lives and tons more maimed/injured/displaced in less than 20 years.

wow those FACTS!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tiger > Lion thread to end the debate Cool Hand Vutu 113 31,663 Today 11:50 AM
Last Post: rezin
Information The End of the Internet as We Know It pilgrim 8 174 05-14-2019 08:45 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  The true end of Tiger Woods has begun???!!! ba_dass 46 6,289 04-20-2019 11:09 AM
Last Post: jho
  JUSTICE. ANTHONY "FREAKSHOW" WIENER is NOW IN JAIL pug-thug 10 1,212 04-06-2019 07:41 AM
Last Post: trevorrice