Login | Register

fitness TRUTH
03-01-2019, 07:41 AM
fitness TRUTH
a good fitness article for EY.com:

In my career I’ve done it all. I’ve wrestled at an extremely high level, I’ve been ranked second in the World for Kickboxing, I’ve been a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu World Champion, and I’ve fought in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

I’ve been able to overcome every obstacle that’s been put in my way—except growing older

I don’t want this article to be about how great you can be later in life and how every man over 40 can look and feel like they’re 20 years old. That’s bullshit.

I’d love to tell you I am as fit today as I was when I was 20. But that would be a lie. I’d also love to tell you my training hasn’t had to change. That would also be a lie.

There’s a lot of stuff out there promising men they can tap into their youthful energies as they age. There’s a never-ending list of dishonest programs, book, infomercials, and supplements. The reality is this, though: Do you see many 40 year old athletes who are just hitting their prime? Doesn’t happen. If an athlete does compete into their forties they are usually just trying to hang on.

How Bobby Maximus Cracked the Code to Training After 40
How one of the toughest trainers we know is taking on Father Time.-------

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a2655...y-maximus/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2019, 07:43 AM
RE: fitness TRUTH
not really true. Dan Hendo and Randy Couture hit their primes around 40

MMA is a weird sport where experience and nerve control can overcome youth and vitality

also 40 isn't that old these days. you can be 40 and FITTER than most 20 year olds

45+ is a diff. story

but 40 is probably the new 30.. and since 20-30 years ago much of the world esp. the upper classes are living 10 years longer if not more
03-01-2019, 07:54 AM
(03-01-2019 07:43 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  not really true. Dan Hendo and Randy Couture hit their primes around 40

MMA is a weird sport where experience and nerve control can overcome youth and vitality

also 40 isn't that old these days. you can be 40 and FITTER than most 20 year olds

45+ is a diff. story

but 40 is probably the new 30.. and since 20-30 years ago much of the world esp. the upper classes are living 10 years longer if not more

where experience and nerve control ------ that is wisdom + emotion mastery, a mental element, different from physical component of fitness

and Hendo/Couture are exceptional outliers and not indicative of majority measurement standard.

the average 20 structure is probably more capable for physical demands of soldiering than average 40 structure.

I agree with author. One can be 40 fit but 40 fit is different from 20 fit excluding Armstrong/Couture/Hendo anomalies
03-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Henderson and Couture did not hit their primes at 40. MMA was not around when they were in their 20s but they were wrestling And TRT and other supplements don't count.

I didn't click the link but as a 55 year old, trust me, you are not getting better as you get older.

Now there are some things to consider. A man might see his performance decline and take steps he never took before: A change in diet; structural and functional integration; excerises that promote health; training that promotes different sorts of power rather than just bound muscular strength, etc.

But no matter what you do, you will decline.
03-01-2019, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2019 08:56 AM by karasu.)
(03-01-2019 08:40 AM)Pierrot Lunaire Wrote:  Henderson and Couture did not hit their primes at 40. MMA was not around when they were in their 20s but they were wrestling And TRT and other supplements don't count.

I didn't click the link but as a 55 year old, trust me, you are not getting better as you get older.

Now there are some things to consider. A man might see his performance decline and take steps he never took before: A change in diet; structural and functional integration; excerises that promote health; training that promotes different sorts of power rather than just bound muscular strength, etc.

But no matter what you do, you will decline.

TRT and other supplements don't count-------

good point about the TRT. Take away supplementation and it gives even more credibility to the TRUTH of that article on Health/Fitness and Age.

also in today's scan of MensHealth.com:

"90210 Actor Luke Perry Reportedly Hospitalized After Massive Stroke

• Luke Perry suffered a massive stroke on Wednesday, according to TMZ."---------

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a26569...ry-stroke/
03-01-2019, 10:55 AM
(03-01-2019 07:43 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  not really true. Dan Hendo and Randy Couture hit their primes around 40

45+ is a diff. story

Agree those are generalizations or averages. I do mostly powerlifting style workouts right now and are far stronger over 40 than in my 20's. Go online and look at the over 40 powerlifting records and other sports records versus the open records.... not a huge difference. I'm pulling 800 lbs plus in the hammerstrength deadlift machine using knee high handles at a weight of 185 lbs. In fact a 70 year old category competitive powerlifter will still easily destroy the average 20 something soyboy walking the street in America.Tongue
03-01-2019, 10:56 AM
yeah but assuming TRT/PED use is equal hendo and couture were still exceptional

also 40 these days with a good diet is far more fit than 40 20 years ago

most 20-30 year olds don't train , a 40 year old that trains will be more fit than a 30 year old that doesn't train
03-01-2019, 11:03 AM
(03-01-2019 10:56 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  yeah but assuming TRT/PED use is equal hendo and couture were still exceptional

also 40 these days with a good diet is far more fit than 40 20 years ago

most 20-30 year olds don't train , a 40 year old that trains will be more fit than a 30 year old that doesn't train
Good lifestyle and training will reduce your biological age versus calender age. So the 40 year could well have higher scores on biological markers than the 20 year old or 30 year old. Also science says most twenty year olds have half the testosterone levels of their fathers and grandfathers.Huh
03-01-2019, 11:05 AM
(03-01-2019 10:55 AM)General Franco Wrote:  

45+ is a diff. story

Agree those are generalizations or averages. I do mostly powerlifting style workouts right now and are far stronger over 40 than in my 20's. Go online and look at the over 40 powerlifting records and other sports records versus the open records.... not a huge difference. I'm pulling 800 lbs plus in the hammerstrength deadlift machine using knee high handles at a weight of 185 lbs. In fact a 70 year old category competitive powerlifter will still easily destroy the average 20 something soyboy walking the street in America.Tongue

yep. because I see it. I see a lot of soft dudes in their 20s that aren't as fit as 40 year olds that train and workout.

but all else equal youth still matters.. but just like with height, rarely is all else equal.

just saying you can be VERY FIT at 40 .. and look very young as well.

this is pharell in 2018. 20 years ago, 40 year olds did not look like this. the new regimens, diets and outlook have changed a lot since then. You see tons of 40 year olds in the CLUBS these days that aren't out of place. back in the day we used to sneer at the 30 year old in the club LOL

[Image: De_K92f_MU8_AAw_Rhk.jpg]

Those who know, know! Big Grin
03-01-2019, 11:13 AM
(03-01-2019 11:05 AM)pug-thug Wrote:  
(03-01-2019 10:55 AM)General Franco Wrote:  

45+ is a diff. story

yep. because I see it. I see a lot of soft dudes in their 20s that aren't as fit as 40 year olds that train and workout.

but all else equal youth still matters.. but just like with height, rarely is all else equal.

just saying you can be VERY FIT at 40 .. and look very young as well.

this is pharell in 2018. 20 years ago, 40 year olds did not look like this. the new regimens, diets and outlook have changed a lot since then. You see tons of 40 year olds in the CLUBS these days that aren't out of place. back in the day we used to sneer at the 30 year old in the club LOL

[Image: De_K92f_MU8_AAw_Rhk.jpg]
Aging is a fact of life....not getting old is a worse option. Just saying that most 40 plus year old look like the fat middle age stereotype because they follow a bad diet and are sedentary since high school. How do you you think these effeminate low t soyboy hipsters will look like in middle age?Sad
03-01-2019, 12:09 PM
genetics also has a huge factor on how you age. Contributing factor is your diet. If consume tons of calories a day, you will undoubtly age much faster.
A smaller diet will slow down you aging-this is well documented. As well as proper sleep and exercise. You can do a lot to slow down the aging factor.
03-01-2019, 02:27 PM
in which athletic endeavors are 40s out-performing 20s?
03-01-2019, 06:07 PM
(03-01-2019 02:27 PM)karasu Wrote:  in which athletic endeavors are 40s out-performing 20s?
NFL quarterbacks, heavyweight boxers, heavyweight mma fighters, golfers, pro bowlers, and shooting sports, to name a few.

Probably equestrian sports as well but it could be older folks can afford a horse.
[Image: 2.-SUMMER-OLYMPICS-Average-Age-Per-Discipline.png]

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
― Confucius
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
fitness TRUTH
There are no 40 yr Olds on that chart.

20 is a little young. 27 is probably prime. If you're over 40 you go and try to do REAL work with a 27 yr old. You may have more experience and you may know to lift with your knees and don't pick up stuff with your back but that young guy will work circles around you and then he will go play basketball with his buddies or hit the gym after the work day while all you can think about is going home to the couch and making those "aahhhgg" sounds everytime your get up, sit down, move etc.

EY is delusional. Don't listen to his ramblings. He's trying to make himself feel better as he rounds that corner of middle age.

--I Eat Grits--
03-02-2019, 01:34 AM
(03-01-2019 10:13 PM)Billygoat Wrote:  There are no 40 yr Olds on that chart.

20 is a little young. 27 is probably prime. If you're over 40 you go and try to do REAL work with a 27 yr old. You may have more experience and you may know to lift with your knees and don't pick up stuff with your back but that young guy will work circles around you and then he will go play basketball with his buddies or hit the gym after the work day while all you can think about is going home to the couch and making those "aahhhgg" sounds everytime your get up, sit down, move etc.

EY is delusional. Don't listen to his ramblings. He's trying to make himself feel better as he rounds that corner of middle age.
Don't agree....your average twenty seven your old of today is an unfit effeminate soyboy. I'm well over 40 and score in the top two percent according to a "rate your strength calculator' on the net. I can still ruck long distance like when I was a twenty something army reservist. That said,someone in their twenties is still going uphill while the forty year old has past his best before date. Is their any twenty something quarterback better than Tom Brady.I'm sure Brady, while not as good as today, would still be competitive at 50. Any twenty something better than 36 year old Cristiano Ronaldo. Masters powerlifting records are and overall open records are available on the net for comparison.40 is not 60. A 60 year old physical labourer will easily overpower an 18 year old soyboy hipster. You should only be probably 5-10 percent past your peak. If your a physical wreck at 40, your a lazy slob.Exclamation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rolles Gracie 90% of fights end up on the ground. TRUTH pug-thug 4 56 11-06-2019 02:25 AM
Last Post: karasu
  The Shocking Satanic Truth About Brangelina Devil's Advocate 7 16,912 10-11-2019 11:37 AM
Last Post: trevorrice
  Your Fitness Routine? karasu 21 1,348 03-25-2019 04:49 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Evil Yoshida, any truth to this article? Ryan Lankford 15 4,990 01-04-2019 10:44 AM
Last Post: pug-thug