Login | Register

Best way to invest money?
02-14-2019, 08:53 PM
Best way to invest money?
I recently sold my other house and paid out the mortgage on my current home, with a reasonable windfall in the bank that's currently doing nothing and earning zero for me.

What is the best way to safely invest money so that it will work for you? (Obviously not Crypto Wink )

The banks are offering me 2.6% for a long term account that I have to lock in for 6-12 months. Another private firm is offering 6-7% but it involves real estate and lending money to others, and even though it seems legit, I don't feel good about it.

If you had some spare dollards, where would you put it to make the most return?

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: Best way to invest money?
(02-14-2019 08:53 PM)Redneck Wrote:  I recently sold my other house and paid out the mortgage on my current home, with a reasonable windfall in the bank that's currently doing nothing and earning zero for me.

What is the best way to safely invest money so that it will work for you? (Obviously not Crypto Wink )

The banks are offering me 2.6% for a long term account that I have to lock in for 6-12 months. Another private firm is offering 6-7% but it involves real estate and lending money to others, and even though it seems legit, I don't feel good about it.

If you had some spare dollards, where would you put it to make the most return?

I am by far an expert. But why don't do it again? investing in realestate (renting out) and/or property (to sell later) will always keep their value

This is what the rich are also doing in times of recession. Buy a lot of real estate, wait a couple of years, or rent it out. And sell it with a lot of profit

but i guess this also depends in what region you are living

Good luck

Ask for the blue pill. The rabbit hole isn't that nice
02-15-2019, 04:23 AM
Yeah, invest in some rentals
02-15-2019, 08:02 AM
Buy some ATMs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2019, 08:06 AM
You could throw all your liquid cash into a GoldMoney card, spend money on things you want when the gold spot price is up, and add cash during the dips.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2019, 08:31 AM
IMHO

ETF's Bogle Method

Domestic/Foreign Equity ETFs plus some Bond/Treasury/Gold ETFs

after many years of toil, my research leads me to believe that for the average fellow the Jack Bogle Dollar Cost Average method is best. I believe that Warren Buffet has given praise to Bogle and what he has done for the average investor and that is how Buffett will set-up his family fortune to be invested when he passes on.

A word of caution. I believe that Bogle's firm has warned that markets could be due for a correction. Market timing is not the Bogle method but they have voiced concern.

and congratulations in your financial achievement and I wish you further success in your investing endeavor Professor Redneck Big Grin
02-15-2019, 10:18 AM
I would have suggested real estate also.
02-15-2019, 10:24 AM
A 30 Year Treasury is getting you little more than 1% after inflation. They're safe but not very lucrative. I've personally been pretty successful trading the paper metals but that's mostly about waiting for good opportunities to get in an out. Hard to get any steady income from that. The best bet may be to put money into index funds and then forget about them. The trick in not panicking when the market drops.
02-15-2019, 02:47 PM
(02-15-2019 10:24 AM)Count Iblis Wrote:  A 30 Year Treasury is getting you little more than 1% after inflation. They're safe but not very lucrative. I've personally been pretty successful trading the paper metals but that's mostly about waiting for good opportunities to get in an out. Hard to get any steady income from that. The best bet may be to put money into index funds and then forget about them. The trick in not panicking when the market drops.

if one has a house paid-in-full then every thing else is gravy. Many things price has not changed and some things even cheaper.

the primary scare for inflation seems to be housing which has increased over time but for a small investor real estate as a investment vehicle can be a pain and one can get plenty of RE exposure through equities without need for paying insurance, taxes, fix-its, and all the other head-aches of owning multiple properties and with ETFs one can be liquid with the simple push of a button but not so same with physical assets.
02-16-2019, 02:59 AM
Tech stocks will always grow. Check the 7 year chart for Microsoft (MSFT) and Cisco (CSCO). You don't lose money on them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus and the Money Changers Redneck 25 4,716 04-14-2019 07:11 AM
Last Post: jho
  Soros funded freaks handing out money to paid protestors @ kavanaugh hearing pug-thug 2 497 09-06-2018 10:12 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Chinese dad hits son 100 x for stealing money pug-thug 18 1,934 07-25-2018 03:33 PM
Last Post: Señor Penis
  New Study Finds Marijuana Users make more Money and are happier pug-thug 6 1,245 03-17-2018 01:04 AM
Last Post: Redneck