02-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Simulation Theory. New topic boosted by youtube
the gist is that the world we live in simply a very advanced video game

Those who know, know! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: Simulation Theory. New topic boosted by youtube
I do not think many people grasp the concept of how rapidly humanity has progressed and that each major innovation will increase the speed of this evolution.......pony express....rail roads.....cars....jet airplanes....radio...telephones...personal computers/smart-phones/tablets.........nanobots, bio-chips, AI........
02-11-2019, 05:02 PM
IMO reality is digital. That is, it can be described via digits. Very complex equations, mind you, but described by digits, nonetheless.
02-11-2019, 05:57 PM
what's the key takeaway here?

that humanity is an AI simulation? on a psychological it works for the control grid

everything is virtual so subscribe to the 5g beast system
02-11-2019, 06:24 PM
It could have always been a simulation, and as karasu pointed out, trans-humanism is rapidly becoming a reality which I think will take us to the next level in simulation. So will it become a simulation within a simulation?

And when you play in an advanced virtual reality program, will you be in a simulation within a simulation within a simulation?

I sometimes wonder if it's possible that the world we live in has always just been the 20th and 21st century, and that all the history and ancient ruins etc is just background data, and there never really was an ancient times.
02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
there are players in video games. these "universe is a game" videos always conclude that you must not be real or at best you're an npc.

a proper video game metaphor implies that you have soul, if you think about it. Your avatar is not real, but it's controlled by an entity outside the simulated reality that is real, and sentient.

also npcs don't have the world rendered for them , only players have that. if you're seeing shit in front of you, chances are that you're a player an not an npc. they used quantum mechanics as evidence that the simulation only renders particles that are observed , to save processing power. but then why waste it rendering for npcs, who can't actually "see" anything?
02-11-2019, 11:13 PM
^ interesting post CT

the soul part is what cannot be simulated by a video game

these people are only confident that they can simulate the physical world and build a bunch of NPCs

the human soul is something that will forever elude scientists. it cannot be emulated or modeled

John Searle's chinese box is a good reference for further research

these machines CANNOT THINK in the true sense of the term
02-12-2019, 03:39 AM
The idea of 'YOLO' is having a huge negative impact.

So if 'simulation theory' can reverse that, and prevent people from hooking up to the 5G grid (specifically getting microchipped) AND turn people away from transhumanism, then that is great.

It is a simulation, it is just God's simulation, and Satan is like an end boss.
02-12-2019, 05:05 AM
Academic paper on Simulation Theory

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1)
the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a
“posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely
to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or
variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer
simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that
we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor‐simulations is
false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other
consequences of this result are also discussed.
https://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf
02-12-2019, 05:07 AM
I dreamed last night that I was in Germany, in a house which looked out on a ruined church; in my dream I supposed at first that the church had been bombed during the recent war, but was subsequently informed that its destruction dated from the wars of religion in the sixteenth century. All this, so long as I remained asleep, had all the convincingness of waking life. I did really have the dream, and did really have an experience intrinsically indistinguishable from that of seeing a ruined church when awake. It follows that the experience which I call “seeing a church” is not conclusive evidence that there is a church, since it may occur when there is no such external object as I suppose in my dream. It may be said that, though when dreaming I may think that I am awake, when I wake up I know that I am awake. But I do not see how we are to have any such certainty; I have frequently dreamt that I woke up; in fact once, after ether, I dreamt it about a hundred times in the course of one dream. We condemn dreams, in fact, because they do not fit into a proper context, but this argument can be made inconclusive, as in Calderon’s play, La Vida es Sueno. I do not believe that I am now dreaming, but I cannot prove that I am not. I am, however, quite certain that I am having certain experiences, whether they be those of a dream or those of waking life.

— Bertrand Russell, Human Knowledge: Its Scope and Value
02-12-2019, 05:09 AM
at the end of the day does it really matter?

the simulation theory is already approaching religion.

all i know is if I get punched in the face it hurts and if I eat a nice cheeseburger it tastes good

I also know my dog loves me. It feels real and not simulated.
02-12-2019, 05:33 AM
right and even if its a simulation, we are living in this simulation and cannot step out of it to aggressively control it.
We all have had deja vue , I have had such vivid deja vue as to suggest that I was in some sort of loop- like groundhog day-even if it was for a minute etc.
02-12-2019, 07:28 AM
also if it is true that they are running ancestor simulations based on future tech.. wouldn't it be VERY EXPENSIVE to do so?

are there power outages or glitches?

in a computer game, you do get the occasional glitch..
02-12-2019, 07:37 AM
again if they are running ancestor simulations wouldn't you expect them to stop the simulation sometime?

so what happens then?

Why continually run it to keep the NPCs happy? There are problems to this theory

also how is this different from medieval concepts like PREDESTINATION or "IT WAS WRITTEN"
02-12-2019, 07:43 AM
NDT not very convincing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Interesting CT Book on Music Theory kungfool 62 12,098 04-02-2019 03:22 AM
Last Post: pug-thug
  youtube has disabled the sort by upload date feature pug-thug 6 177 03-23-2019 03:36 AM
Last Post: Chaos Reigns
  Science Proves "Practice 1000 hours Hard Work" Theory Wrong? karasu 33 587 03-13-2019 04:53 AM
Last Post: karasu
  youtube recommends graphic loss of life vids, yet bans conspiracy videos pug-thug 6 242 03-07-2019 09:30 AM
Last Post: ba_dass