Login | Register

Anybody ever work third shift (graveyard shift)?
02-09-2019, 08:06 AM
I am thinking of picking up security work twice a week at this corporate building its from 11-7am. The job is literally right next to my house. Its like hardly working from what I hear. Anyone ever do graveyard shift? How f'd does it make the rest of your week. I usually go to sleep at 11-12am .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2019, 10:14 AM
RE: Anybody ever work third shift (graveyard shift)?
Do you really want to do this? Can you find something better?

The only real benefit to a mindless job like this is you can spend your nights listening to Podcasts or Audiobooks.
02-09-2019, 10:18 AM
I did the graveyard shift at a donut shop for awhile back in high school, got off just in time to shower and go to school after work. Had to sleep in the afternoon. It kept me out of trouble I guess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2019, 10:30 AM
In the very brief period I had a graveyard shift job I got in a fight with a neighbor who was throwing a party at like 6-7pm as I was trying to sleep. Would not recommend.
02-09-2019, 01:26 PM
You guys are probably right. Will F me up for the week.
02-09-2019, 03:17 PM
you need to be asleep at least most of the time around 1-3 am

I have tried the whole topsy turvy sleeping schedule due to the "intl party lifestyle"... and trust me you do get super irritated over time sleeping when the sun is out and waking up when it's night

it's bad for your bio and circadian rhythms
02-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Some people handle being nocturnal just fine, but for most it turns into a depressing, unhealthy lifestyle. Unless this job is going to get you through a rough-patch, or springboard you into something else, it just isn't worth it.

What is your situation? Are you young / old? Do you have any trade-skills or career experience? College? Debt?
02-09-2019, 07:03 PM
If you're a night owl it's great especially if you can have your phone with you because it passes time.

Sleeping can get messed up if it's only 2 days a week. You need to sleep normally 6 hours after you get off work or thereabouts. If you're one of those guys who wants to get off at 7am then sleep soon as you get home it'll mess up your rhythm.

I usually am in bed about 5am then up at 11-2 depending. It works for me but I have a good sleeping area with no windows and no calls bothering me (most of the time)

--I Eat Grits--
02-10-2019, 03:36 AM
I've been doing it for several years now. It takes a little getting used to. I do it full time though. Just a couple days a week might make it tough to get into the right rhythm.
02-10-2019, 08:44 AM
(02-09-2019 10:30 AM)CTsar Wrote:  In the very brief period I had a graveyard shift job I got in a fight with a neighbor who was throwing a party at like 6-7pm as I was trying to sleep. Would not recommend.

you get really irritated when you're not at sleep mostly sleeping regular hours

even if you sleep 8 hrs. in the daytime you still feel tired

Those who know, know! Big Grin
02-10-2019, 12:47 PM
thanks for the input guys. I have decided against it. Dont need the cash that bad Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Hillary Contractor Described ‘Cover-up Operation Work Ticket’ in Newly Released Email jho 0 55 04-09-2019 02:47 PM
Last Post: jho
  Work is at the core of a man's identity pug-thug 3 232 03-26-2019 08:28 AM
Last Post: karasu
  Science Proves "Practice 1000 hours Hard Work" Theory Wrong? karasu 33 593 03-13-2019 04:53 AM
Last Post: karasu
  NLP guy gets out of speeding ticket in Canada. Would this work in Merica? pug-thug 1 545 11-12-2018 02:46 PM
Last Post: pug-thug