Login | Register

The Return of the Bicameral Mind
02-07-2019, 06:17 AM
The Return of the Bicameral Mind
Are archons simply humans without a consciousness?

A human without a sense of purpose is no different than robots without a without a way to relate to history, culture and the passage of time. You see, they can't replace us with machines until we ourselves lose what it means to be human, consciousness.

https://becominghuman.ai/the-return-of-b...436f4bb07e
Quote:How and when had it all started? I don’t know. Maybe, when the HBO’s new hit show Westworld reintroduced the once acclaimed concept after decades of ignorance? Or when the freshly inaugurated President made his famous coming out on Twitter by admitting that he heard voices which told him what to do? I don’t know.

Many people just started to claim that they followed commands of external voices when asked to explain the reasons for their weirdest and most unexpected actions. “I heard a command that I couldn’t disobey… There is no way to resist following what that voice commands… You just go and do what the voice tells you to do… There is no alternative but to obey the voice…” All those people were not zombies. They looked absolutely normal. They behaved normally in 99% of situations. Then they just went and did something that voices told them to do. The new President, for instance, claimed that voices told him texts of his weirdest tweets.

Some scholars claimed that the comeback of bicameral minds started as early as the WWII when Nazis were trying to justify their crimes by referring to the point that they just fulfilled orders given by somebody else. Scholars argued that conscious humans couldn’t under any circumstances commit such unparalleled crimes against humanity as Nazis did. The Bicameral Mind theory explained it all. It explained also the rise of suicide terrorist attacks. A bicameral mind doesn’t reason. It takes any order from voices for granted and fulfills it without questioning or hesitation. It has no self to question or hesitate.

Maybe it all started in 1976 when Julian Jaynes published his bestselling book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind? According to Jaynes, humans only developed consciousness defined as the ability to be aware of their own awareness about 3,000 years ago. Before then, they either acted automatically or took orders from voices inside their heads, which they believed to come from gods.

Humans have language areas in both hemispheres of their brains, but they are mainly using areas in the dominant hemisphere. According to Jaynes, when language areas in the non-dominant hemisphere are activated people have a hallucination, and then that hallucination is perceived in language areas of the dominant hemisphere as a voice that people don’t associate with their sense of self. It’s perceived as coming from outside of self. A bicameral mind treated such voices as commands of gods to be ultimately fulfilled.

In the beginning conscious minds started to evolve as rare exceptions. Then they became more common. Somewhen in between of the time of the creation of Iliad — the product of a bicameral mind — and the creation of Odyssey — the product of a conscious mind — a massive adoption of the brain software upgrade to consciousness took place and the conscious human emerged.

According to Jaynes consciousness was learned by humans as a skill. Each new generation should learn to be conscious. It worked as downloading of an operating system into each evolving brain. Until downloading stopped. Instead the roll back to the previous operating system — to the bicameral mind — began everywhere. Conscious people soon became minority on the planet.

Conscious minority was put responsible for everything by the bicameral majority because only conscious people had a free will. Bicameral criminals were set free because they were just obeying orders of their masters — the voices. Coming outs of bicameral minds became so popular among politicians, businessmen and other decision makers that a special fMRI test was designed to measure if they really had a bicameral mind. The same test was used to identify conscious humans after the laws of their registration were adopted by bicameral parliamentary majorities.

The conscious resistance soon went under cover. Resistance fighters learned how to fool the fMRI test. Bicamerals were unable to develop a new test because of the secret sabotage of conscious scientists who were forced to work for bicameral regimes. Conscious resistance survived and kept desperately searching for ways to upload consciousness back to the brains of bicamerals.

New bicameral minds heard voices of their leaders instead of voices of gods. They became fully committed followers. Bicamerals couldn’t distinguish between a hallucination and a commanding voice of their leader coming from TV speakers or VR headsets. In both cases orders of the voice were mandatory for bicamerals to follow. Ideological, religious, race, ethnic armed conflicts emerged everywhere and were followed by mass massacres and genocides. Tactical nukes were used in Eastern Europe. The final countdown to the doomsday nuclear war began.

The interest of the industry to replace humans with robots quickly evaporated as humans began to behave better than robots after being properly instructed by voices. The AI and robotics development stalled. Startups in those once lucrative areas were struggling. Nobody noticed when one of such struggling startups finally brought to the market a sleek device that was called AlterMe and programmed to engage people in telling to a specially structured deep learning neural network bedtime stories of a particular type, which were called basic fairy tales by the startup founders.

I've come to realize on my own that a large segment of Westerners don't even recognize their inner monologue anymore.

That's scary to think about.

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
― Confucius
jamthesignal.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2019, 06:20 AM
RE: The Return of the Bicameral Mind
(1) The Sumerian Watchers

"...Man and his early civilizations had a profoundly different mentality from our own, that in fact men and women were not conscious as are we, were not responsible for their actions, and therefore cannot be given the credit or blame for anything that was done over these vast millennia of time; that instead each person had a part of his nervous system that was divine, by which he was ordered about like any slave, a voice or voices which indeed were what we call volition and empowered what they commanded and were related to the hallucinated voices of others in a carefully established hierarchy."

"...The astonishing consistency from Egypt to Peru, from Ur to Yucatan, wherever civilizations arose, of death practices and idolatry, of divine government and hallucinated voices, all are witness to the idea of a different mentality than our own."

"The gods were in no sense 'figments of the imagination' of anyone. They were man's volition. They occupied his nervous system, probably his right hemisphere, and from stores of admonitory and receptive experience, transmuted this experience into articulated speech which then 'told' the man what to do."

"Throughout Mesopotamia, from the earliest times of Sumer and Akkad, all lands were owned by gods and men were their slaves. Of this, the cuneiform texts leave no doubt whatever. Each city-state had its own principal god, and the king was described in the very earliest written documents that we have as 'the tenant farmer of the god'."

- Julian Jaynes, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind

(source:http://echoes.devin.com/watchers/sons-of-god.html)
02-07-2019, 06:26 AM
[Image: my-mother-has-zero-inner-monologue-she-i...545764.png]

Not Everyone Conducts Inner Speech
Quote:Your pristine inner experience is whatever is directly in your experience-before the footlights of your consciousness, as William James would say-at some moment. My previous blogs have observed that some people –women with bulimia nervosa, for example– have frequent multiple simultaneous experiences, but that multiple experience is not frequent in the general population.

If not multiple experiences, what are the frequently occurring phenomena of pristine experience? Chris Heavey and I gave random beepers to a stratified random sample of 30 students from a large urban university and interviewed them about the characteristics of their randomly selected pristine experiences. Five main characteristics emerged, each occurring in about a quarter of all samples (many samples had more than one characteristic). Three of those five characteristics may not surprise you: inner speech occurred in about a quarter of all samples; inner seeing occurred in about a quarter of all samples; and feelings occurred in about a quarter of all samples. The other two phenomena occurred just as frequently but are not so well known.

Consider inner speech. Subject experienced themselves as innerly talking to themselves in 26% of all samples, but there were large individual differences: some subjects never experienced inner speech; other subjects experienced inner speech in as many as 75% of their samples. The median percentage across subjects was 20%.

As a result of this study and others we have conducted, I'm confident that inner speech is a robust phenomenon-if you use a proper method, there's little doubt about whether or not inner speech is occurring at any given moment. And I'm confident about the individual differences-some people talk to themselves a lot, some never, some occasionally.

But Bernard Baars, one of the leading researchers in consciousness science, says:

Human beings talk to themselves every moment of the waking day. Most readers of this sentence are doing it now. It becomes a little clearer with difficult-to-say words, like ‘infundibulum' or ‘methylparabine'. In fact, we talk to ourselves during dreams, and there is even evidence for inner speech during deep sleep, the most unconscious state we normally encounter. Overt speech takes up perhaps a tenth of the waking day; but inner speech goes on all the time.
02-07-2019, 06:43 AM
There are humans without a soul.
There are humans without a conscience (arguably these two are the same people).

There are people with poor mental health, possibly even lacking a mind, the way we usually conceive of it, just as there are people who are in piss poor physical health/competency/fitness.

But there are also entities, that are not human, that literally do not have a body. Djinn, demons, interdimensional beings, or as has been popularly referred to as 'aliens', for the last few decades.

Speculation exists that these entities can possess a body, not just a human body though (which is where 'alien greys' are supposed to come into the equation).
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2019, 07:26 AM
cool thread

NPCs everywhere

it has never been worse
02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
(02-07-2019 06:43 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  Speculation exists that these entities can possess a body, not just a human body though (which is where 'alien greys' are supposed to come into the equation).

Demonic possession via 'AI', at 1:20 of the 2nd clip
02-07-2019, 11:17 AM
most people have no inner dialogue

it's just going through the motions

the endless stream of social media and digital stimulation has eroded any sense of self reflection or independent thinking

also I noticed nowadays if something isn't documented on social media it didn't happen

if you tell people you met the president they wouldn't believe it or register it unless you post it on social media
02-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Ryan Gosling is one of the most soulless actors I have ever seen

dude really does not seem to have a soul
02-07-2019, 01:47 PM
the witch could take gosling's soul, but not Kanye's interesting

02-07-2019, 03:40 PM

02-07-2019, 03:45 PM
(02-07-2019 01:46 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  Ryan Gosling is one of the most soulless actors I have ever seen

Have you heard of this whole 'transvestigation' conspiracy? A lot of it is completely over the top, calling Sofia Vergara and Megan Fox MTF trannies, but some of it is... Thought provoking Big Grin

Any way, one of their jokes is they call GQ: GenderQueer Magazine! LOL
02-07-2019, 03:50 PM
It's almost like we're devolving back into a hunter-gather mindset. Being ruled by our basic needs for food, copulation and idols.
https://mcluhangalaxy.wordpress.com/2018...le-phones/
Quote:The Mobile Phone
By Peter Benson

… Let us consider some of the effects on our society of the use of the mobile phone. Walk down any street in a busy town, and you’ll see many people with a phone clutched to the side of their head, talking as rapidly as they are walking. It is now possible to engage in verbal communication with other people wherever they are. This major change in human behaviour has come about within a remarkably short time, but its implications need to be considered. Many people have willingly taken this option of continuous communication; and many more have been forced to accept it as a condition of their employment. To be continuously available for work-related discussion expands the condition of being an employee beyond the boundary of office hours, and beyond the office. Non-work time becomes increasingly colonized by one’s job, and the condition of subordinate employee becomes the permanent, all-encompassing condition of one’s existence. Even while making a meal at home, or travelling on the bus, one might be interrupted by a business call.

In the past, people sold a certain number of hours of their day to their employer. This was the social system Karl Marx analysed in Capital. But many analysts are becoming aware that this idea has less and less relevance to the field of modern employment, and that the mobile phone is one of the major factors that has changed the nature of work. For example, the Italian radical thinker Franco Berardi, in his book The Soul at Work (2009), notes that “The cellular phone is left on by the great majority of info-workers even when they are not working.” (p.89). As a consequence: “Cellular phones realize the dream of capital: that of absorbing every possible atom of time at the exact moment the productive cycle needs it. In this way, workers offer their entire day to capital and are paid only for the moments when their time is made cellular… They prepare their nervous systems as an active receiving terminal for as much time as possible.” (p.90)
02-07-2019, 03:54 PM
(02-07-2019 01:46 PM)pug-thug Wrote:  Ryan Gosling is one of the most soulless actors I have ever seen

even the meme magic is pointing this out

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
― Confucius
jamthesignal.com
02-07-2019, 06:26 PM
you have to be rich to afford NOT having to use a smartphone these days

in a way a dumb phone or no phone is a status symbol

but I believe we are reaching a point where there is only so much ass u can see, or abs.. or starbucks yoga poses

I can already feel people are getting tired of it
facebook is already a sinking ship in the US.. instagram may be next
02-07-2019, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019 12:49 AM by Glimmer.)
This thread is really interesting. As i have a lively inner monologue whole my life it is something i don't really think about anymore.

I find it that an IM does makes things more clear for me in life and how the pieces fit and interact with eachother. The hard part is to transfer this knowledge to real life and/or put in to words. Like in here for example.

It's like swimming upstream. At least for me. Knowing that the majority of the people i talk to wouldn't understand me if i really started talking about stuff i have contemplated on

There are a few exceptions in my life that i talked to someone and had a suspicion that this person is/was on the same frequency

But most of the time, it isn't really helpfull except for a retrospect inner evaluation of somesort..

I see the IM als the voice of free will. It gives me the opportunity to choose an outcome.

As my soon to be wife is a smart girl with good education she reasons with rationolized emotions. Something women tend to do, but i see this also with my male friends. I used to think it was kind of dumb to approach situations from an emotional standpoint not giving your actions another thought.

Quote:most people have no inner dialogue

it's just going through the motions

So this became clear for me when i talked to my girl about problems at her work. She had some stress, busy schedule and demanding colleagues. So i asked her if she doesn't stop for a moment, and ask herself what she could do/change to make her situation better in whatever way possible.

Her answer surprised me as she said; "no, i don't think about that. I only think, wow i have a really busy week and that colleague is really annoing and carry on..

Mind Blown... as i am used to asses about every situation and look for the best solution within the possibilities. Especially work related..

She is succesfull in her job and altough she isn't smarter than me in terms of knowledge and IQ, she does outsmart me on a lot of practical daily stuff. But the more complex cases, like solving multilayerd situations, assesing riscs, psychology etc. etc. She isn't up to the task.

We are fundamentally diffrent in thought patterns and emotion/ratio. Still we complete eachother

I have never been that aware that it is a thing, appareantly. And that a lot of people just don't have one. I come to realize what it is and what it brought me

So these are my 2ct's about IM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Interesting Book. MIND CONTROL IN THE UNITED STATES. intro by A. Sutton pug-thug 23 4,910 06-21-2019 03:24 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  1979 ABC NEWS SPECIAL ON MK ULTRA AND MIND CONTROL pug-thug 7 337 05-29-2019 12:45 PM
  Illuminati Tattoos: The Newest Form of Indoctrination and Mind Control THE_DEAN 121 90,008 05-14-2019 05:36 AM
  Mind Control References In Movies and Music Videos Dogtown 5 1,989 04-09-2019 10:04 PM