Login | Register

Cardio vs Weightlifting
12-06-2018, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 02:51 PM by karasu.)
Cardio vs Weightlifting
Just went to Men's Journal Website and saw these two images:

[Image: thor-mountain.jpg?w=600&h=338&crop=1]

[Image: ShinSplints2.jpg?w=600&h=338&crop=1]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2018, 02:52 PM
RE: Cardio vs Weightlifting
I'm trying to decide which structure will be the ambition of my New Year's Resolution Tongue
12-06-2018, 03:11 PM
It's like an RPG game. You have to decide how much gold or experience points to pour into what attribute.
Do you want Strength? Endurance? Speed? Agility? Flexibility? To answer this you must answer "Who is Karasu".

Myself, I have a bulky Celto-Germanic frame, so I already have a racial stat boost to Strength, and have never felt the the want to overpower people -- I chose to work on my Agility for balance.
That means Body Weight Exercises, Rock Climbing, Balance Exercises, Footwork Drills and more Parkour / Gymnastic type stuff.
12-06-2018, 10:25 PM
I am also of Celto-Germanic origin and I am a large frame 6 ft 2, natural 230 pounder when I'm in shape, 250+ when I'm not.

I tend to avoid cardio because all that work is just not me, and I pump a bit of iron a few times a week to keep my strength up. I also subscribe to a number of natural supplements that seem to help fight off the curse of ageing and aid in muscle growth and recovery. I work on the Hulk smash theory because I just don't have the motivation to want to dance around and wear my opponent down. It's worked fairly well for me to this point in my life.
12-06-2018, 10:30 PM
(12-06-2018 02:51 PM)karasu Wrote:  Just went to Men's Journal Website and saw these two images:

[Image: thor-mountain.jpg?w=600&h=338&crop=1]

[Image: ShinSplints2.jpg?w=600&h=338&crop=1]

Regardless of who would win in a fight, the man who sticks and moves or the man who grabs and smashes, society sees the figure in the top photo as the more powerful and fearful.

I'm just trying to figure this shit out like you are.
12-07-2018, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018 01:39 AM by DonJohnson.)
lmao. sticking and moving does not work irl.

real life street fights lasts 1 minute max. especially if it's a random confrontation then 20-30 seconds. basically once you square up the bigger more jacked aggressive guy will jump on you, grab your shirt, so you can't move.... and you get pounded into minced meat. He will be super aggressive as well seeing as you're a skinny twink. this triggers the attack urge into overdrive. this urge is lessened if the opposition is of equal or larger size. but if you're small and talking tough. lmao. you will get torn up.

cardio does jack all.

the best is to weight train as it's better for your overall health. running is terrible for joints and lowers your test.
12-07-2018, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018 01:59 AM by karasu.)
(12-06-2018 03:11 PM)kungfool Wrote:  It's like an RPG game. You have to decide how much gold or experience points to pour into what attribute.
Do you want Strength? Endurance? Speed? Agility? Flexibility? To answer this you must answer "Who is Karasu".

Myself, I have a bulky Celto-Germanic frame, so I already have a racial stat boost to Strength, and have never felt the the want to overpower people -- I chose to work on my Agility for balance.
That means Body Weight Exercises, Rock Climbing, Balance Exercises, Footwork Drills and more Parkour / Gymnastic type stuff.

it would appear you have made smart study to formulate your plan

[Image: main-qimg-ab50eeb00f7b0c0c78fbac38fbfa9ca6-c]
12-07-2018, 02:02 AM
(12-06-2018 10:25 PM)Redneck Wrote:  I am also of Celto-Germanic origin and I am a large frame 6 ft 2, natural 230 pounder when I'm in shape, 250+ when I'm not.

I tend to avoid cardio because all that work is just not me, and I pump a bit of iron a few times a week to keep my strength up. I also subscribe to a number of natural supplements that seem to help fight off the curse of ageing and aid in muscle growth and recovery. I work on the Hulk smash theory because I just don't have the motivation to want to dance around and wear my opponent down. It's worked fairly well for me to this point in my life.

Professor Redneck I am interested to hear your Supplement Regimen which I am certain it is the result of impressive intellectual research!
12-07-2018, 02:06 AM
(12-07-2018 01:38 AM)DonJohnson Wrote:  lmao. sticking and moving does not work irl.

real life street fights lasts 1 minute max. especially if it's a random confrontation then 20-30 seconds. basically once you square up the bigger more jacked aggressive guy will jump on you, grab your shirt, so you can't move.... and you get pounded into minced meat. He will be super aggressive as well seeing as you're a skinny twink. this triggers the attack urge into overdrive. this urge is lessened if the opposition is of equal or larger size. but if you're small and talking tough. lmao. you will get torn up.

cardio does jack all.

the best is to weight train as it's better for your overall health. running is terrible for joints and lowers your test.

training endurance builds spirit which helps to endure hardships Wink There is good reason that boxers do road-work and the running is the foundation to soldiering
12-07-2018, 02:38 AM
(12-07-2018 01:38 AM)DonJohnson Wrote:  lmao. sticking and moving does not work irl.

cardio does jack all.

What about medieval battles? How long did they last? 1 minute max?
12-07-2018, 02:49 AM
I will encourage reading "Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West" for Endurance Inspiration

and it will inspire a new respect for the humble cardio exercise of walking Big Grin
12-07-2018, 02:55 AM
(12-07-2018 02:38 AM)Chaos Reigns Wrote:  

cardio does jack all.

What about medieval battles? How long did they last? 1 minute max?

superior endurance at that battle of MARATHON determined the future culture of the West
12-07-2018, 04:00 AM
In what sort of fantasy world does a fit but smaller guy NOT use a weapon to defend himself? Strength is easily the simplest characteristic to substitute for, by using a weapon.

The ONLY reason to weightlift is to attract females.
12-07-2018, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018 04:13 AM by Señor Penis.)
Weightlifting and subscribing to the get large theory helps ward off random street confrontations imo. The aggressor will think twice about engaging.

I also agree that the larger opponents urge to make mince meat of the smaller combatant in under 30 sec (the other 30 sec is needed to escape the ugly scene) will be more severe than an opponent of equal size.
12-07-2018, 05:38 AM
(12-07-2018 04:12 AM)Señor Penis Wrote:  Weightlifting and subscribing to the get large theory helps ward off random street confrontations imo. The aggressor will think twice about engaging.

I also agree that the larger opponents urge to make mince meat of the smaller combatant in under 30 sec (the other 30 sec is needed to escape the ugly scene) will be more severe than an opponent of equal size.

Where do these random street confrontations happen? Haven't had one in my life. I guess I am already large enough?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Inmate charged with manslaughter in jailers cardio related death jho 4 752 06-15-2017 04:45 AM
Last Post: pug-thug