Login | Register

Affordable Housing Cities USA
11-30-2018, 03:21 AM
is there any city of good economy and recreational enjoyment in USA where one can buy a home in decent neighborhood for less than 100K?

I am suspicious of current Cost of Living condition in USA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2018, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018 03:29 AM by karasu.)
RE: Affordable Housing Cities USA
also I read or heard something recently that if one can live by one car instead of two then they can afford a house which is 100k more. I would also imagine that daily travel habit should factor into this equation. If one does not need to drive(gas expense) everytime he steps out his door for some grocery item then that would increase his buying potential.....

but if increased buying potential just means that one is still living "paycheck-to-paycheck" then there is not significant advantage when the goal is to increase one's security instead to make-more = spend more.

Another myth is that country people are poor. They are not different from the urban paycheck-to-paycheck. When you observe the country people you will note multiple vehicles, boats, recreational motor-toys like 4 wheel motorbikes, sheds full of expensive tool-sets and other gadgets, expensive guns collections and so on......it takes a lot of money to live well in the country, all those acres of land are not cheap!
11-30-2018, 03:32 AM
and rent does not really offer a reasonable opposition to expensive housing as rent trends in tandem with local housing prices and as taxes increase so do rents and when I rented the apartment for the short-time when house-hunting I observed that in one year time when I went to renew the lease they raised the rent and that was obviously going to be a disadvantageous trend.......
11-30-2018, 04:05 AM
Maybe Paradise, California?
11-30-2018, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018 04:28 AM by karasu.)
corrrection: posted to wrong thread
11-30-2018, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2018 04:30 AM by karasu.)
correcton: posted to wrong thread AGAIN

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=235812&a...1332398612]
11-30-2018, 04:42 AM
Are you willing to live in a manufactured home? A trailer?
11-30-2018, 05:45 AM
Good thread
11-30-2018, 09:22 PM
Current manufactured homes are built to higher standards than most stick-built homes these days.
Long gone are the days of the plastic handles, 1x1 studs, cardboard walls, etc. They are all built to federal code with real materials.
Problem is they are not the best looking unless you are willing to spend a lot of money and you're back to square one.

--I Eat Grits--
12-01-2018, 03:29 AM
(11-30-2018 09:22 PM)Billygoat Wrote:  Current manufactured homes are built to higher standards than most stick-built homes these days.
Long gone are the days of the plastic handles, 1x1 studs, cardboard walls, etc. They are all built to federal code with real materials.
Problem is they are not the best looking unless you are willing to spend a lot of money and you're back to square one.

The problem is the stigma hurts their resale value. I've seen plenty of articles from Home Manufacturers claiming that this isn't true, but it clearly is.

Karasu if you're looking to live cheap an easy you easily buy a manufactured home in Arizona for $150,000. Do you need to live in an area with jobs?
12-01-2018, 05:41 AM
(12-01-2018 03:29 AM)kungfool Wrote:  
(11-30-2018 09:22 PM)Billygoat Wrote:  Current manufactured homes are built to higher standards than most stick-built homes these days.

The problem is the stigma hurts their resale value. I've seen plenty of articles from Home Manufacturers claiming that this isn't true, but it clearly is.

Karasu if you're looking to live cheap an easy you easily buy a manufactured home in Arizona for $150,000. Do you need to live in an area with jobs?

if you're looking to live cheap an easy you easily buy a manufactured home in Arizona for $150,000------

this is my curiosity which inspired the creation of this thread. It is a example of the wealth inequality plaguing USA. For the average peasant class $150,000 is not cheap and if there is not a peasant class to serve the ELITES then how can society continue to function?
12-01-2018, 10:24 AM
It's much cheaper to live in the south.
You can get a "trailer" on land for under 70,000 just about anywhere in the south and there are jobs too. But you'll need a car.

--I Eat Grits--
12-01-2018, 11:22 AM
container homes can be amazing. I quite like the aesthetic

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
12-01-2018, 11:23 AM
this one is awesome
[Image: Modern-Insta-House-Shipping-Container-by...00x250.jpg]
12-01-2018, 03:50 PM
(12-01-2018 05:41 AM)karasu Wrote:  this is my curiosity which inspired the creation of this thread. It is a example of the wealth inequality plaguing USA. For the average peasant class $150,000 is not cheap and if there is not a peasant class to serve the ELITES then how can society continue to function?

Maybe try Brazil instead.

[Image: favelas-istock-135379850.jpg?itok=yg_nGnSx]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why are CHINESE people calling me a FOREIGNER in the USA?!?!? jho 48 3,554 11-20-2018 06:52 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  Japan pays homage to their colonial masters with new JPOP single USA pug-thug 6 530 08-30-2018 01:40 PM
Last Post: pug-thug
  "Babylon USA" - 2017 Documentary on NWO kungfool 14 652 08-16-2018 10:08 PM
Last Post: pilgrim
  Circumcisions rates in USA have dropped DRAMATICALLY. HOORAY pug-thug 20 796 08-16-2018 01:06 AM
Last Post: Rako