Login | Register

Lewis Vs DC
11-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Lewis Vs DC
Anyone gonna watch this?

I think DC has this but I don't think it'll be easy.

Also that's my boy is fighting. Chris Weidman.

Stitches has K-1 Level Striking
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Lewis Vs DC
my God these new gen HWs. Cormier will be champ till he's 75.
11-04-2018, 02:37 PM
[Image: WhoppingSardonicHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2018, 02:45 PM
It was great seeing DC in such high spirits. the JBJ post fight interview was heart breaking as fuck.

Derrick Lewis is more one dimensional than Tank Abbott. Literally.
11-05-2018, 01:20 AM
I heard Jacare had a nice KO on Weidman, after Weidman had been 'ahead on points'. Much less grappling too, from what people expected.

But that was just not a worthy card. You knew once DC had Lewis tired the RNC would be there. It is the classic "I want out" submission.
11-05-2018, 04:27 AM
I only saw the latter half of that fight but Jacare was beating him in almost every exchange. His striking was the most entertaining thing about this whole card imo.
11-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Lewis was hand picked to lose and prop up DC's record until he fights Lesnar.

Lewis only fought a few weeks prior and admitted then that he wasn't ready for a title fight. Next thing we know, he gets a title fight.
11-06-2018, 02:47 AM
Jacare and Weidman are both shot.

Jacare's grappling prowess came from his speed; a huge variety of takedowns, unexpected level changing and Wrestling/Judo combinations. On the ground it was aggro shoulder pressure and ripping whatever submission presented itself.

At 38 in the UFC all of that is gone. He is still very talented, but he is bulky, sluggish and can't do anything creative or unexpected.
In the Weidman fight, he didn't even attempt 1 takedown. He was eating punches and got his nose broken by Weidmans jab.

Weidman on the other hand suffers from a broken chin, and broken confidence. He seems to have been one of the most hurt by the IV ban. On his way up he was this hardy, milk-drinking All-American Wrestling phenom who was undefeated, very coachable and could learn anything. After the IV ban he came in looking thin, frail and lost. The loss to Rockhold broke his confidence, and the loss to Romero absolutely destroyed his chin.

I really like both of these guys -- Jacare is probably my favorite BJJ fighter ever -- but I don't see a bright future for them in the UFC.
11-06-2018, 02:48 AM
The best Jacare highlight is from 2009. He is one of the best that ever lived, but way past his prime.

11-06-2018, 08:42 AM
(11-06-2018 02:47 AM)kungfool Wrote:  At 38 in the UFC all of that is gone. He is still very talented, but he is bulky, sluggish and can't do anything creative or unexpected.

I liked the body shots that he used against Weidman. That was unexpected to me, probably because I barely watch UFC anymore.
11-06-2018, 09:01 AM
DC: "I am definitely not in my prime anymore"

11-06-2018, 09:06 AM
wow Ariel gave Cormier a box of Popeye's fried chicken. I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked that up yet.
11-07-2018, 03:14 PM
(11-06-2018 08:42 AM)CTsar Wrote:  I liked the body shots that he used against Weidman. That was unexpected to me, probably because I barely watch UFC anymore.

This was Jacare just a few years ago. Look how energetic he looks.

[Image: GloriousBewitchedKoi.gif]

I just don't see that in him anymore.
11-07-2018, 03:18 PM
This is the punch that finished Weidman. There is no doubt his chin is shot.

[Image: a6d14690b45b447ff840410ace809513.gif]
11-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Weidman had the shortest prime ever. 1-4 with four finishes since Vitor. He was probably not that great to begin with, Vitor , Lyoto and Anderson were senior citizens when he fought them. The first Anderson fight was also his 10th professional fight, so you can not even say he had a lot of wear and tear in his body.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Video UFC FN 105 Lewis vs Browne johan 5 873 02-27-2017 06:26 AM
Last Post: kungfool